Consumer Reviews of Frigidaire heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about Frigidaire heat pumps

Date created: 2009-03-13 Name: BHPen
Location: NC

"Bad Purchase"
Just started on my 3rd year of my new system and am replacing the compressor for the 2nd time. First one went out at 11 months, and the 2nd at the beginning of the 3rd year. This is a money pit.

Date created: 2009-03-05 Name: D. Thomas

"Debbie Thomas"
Though new this heat pump is in a state of constant repair. Probably 3-4 times a year the HVAC repair person comes out to the tune of $300-400 per visit either because there is a leak in the coolant; or the house stays cold in the winter months. I have never been so dissatisfied with a product, though I have purchased many, Frigidaire products over my lifetime. My house is always cold, the unit runs 24/7 and my electric bill has climbed from $180 to $500.00 a month. I have had to defer payment of my electric bill the last two months because I cannot afford to pay it and in a brand new home, I have yet to stay warm in the winter months I cannot get warm. I walk around the house in flannels, socks, a jacket and sit under a blanket whenever I am home. I would never recommend this product to anyone and my husband is in the home building trade and has many opportunities to recommend the products we used in our home. I have asked the HVAC repair people to write to Frigidaire and recommend replacement of this unit because it is still under warranty.

Date created: 2008-01-04 Name: Rudy V. Gonzales
Location: Bedfordm, TX

Two years ago i replaced two outside units and two airhandlers. In October 2007 I had to replace one of the motors in the airhandler because it "froze up". In January 4, 2008 I had to replace one of the fan motors in one of the outside units. Within two years I have had to pay $568.00 for repairs. The parts are under warranty but the labor is not. You would think that the equipment would last for more than two years.

Date created: 2007-07-25 Name: Mike Uysal

Two breakdowns since purchase. 1. Defrost Board malfunction 2. Fan Motor malfunction

Date created: 2007-06-21 Name: A. Bynum

Neighbor has one ---- it is VERY loud and cycles on VERY often, especially annoying during the summer when you are outside. I have a very quiet and efficient TRANE. There should be laws to protect people from the noise of Frigidaire units