Consumer Reviews of Frigidaire heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about Frigidaire heat pumps

Date created: 2009-03-05 Name: D. Thomas

"Debbie Thomas"
Though new this heat pump is in a state of constant repair. Probably 3-4 times a year the HVAC repair person comes out to the tune of $300-400 per visit either because there is a leak in the coolant; or the house stays cold in the winter months. I have never been so dissatisfied with a product, though I have purchased many, Frigidaire products over my lifetime. My house is always cold, the unit runs 24/7 and my electric bill has climbed from $180 to $500.00 a month. I have had to defer payment of my electric bill the last two months because I cannot afford to pay it and in a brand new home, I have yet to stay warm in the winter months I cannot get warm. I walk around the house in flannels, socks, a jacket and sit under a blanket whenever I am home. I would never recommend this product to anyone and my husband is in the home building trade and has many opportunities to recommend the products we used in our home. I have asked the HVAC repair people to write to Frigidaire and recommend replacement of this unit because it is still under warranty.

Date created: 2008-01-04 Name: Rudy V. Gonzales
Location: Bedfordm, TX

Two years ago i replaced two outside units and two airhandlers. In October 2007 I had to replace one of the motors in the airhandler because it "froze up". In January 4, 2008 I had to replace one of the fan motors in one of the outside units. Within two years I have had to pay $568.00 for repairs. The parts are under warranty but the labor is not. You would think that the equipment would last for more than two years.

Date created: 2007-07-25 Name: Mike Uysal

Two breakdowns since purchase. 1. Defrost Board malfunction 2. Fan Motor malfunction

Date created: 2007-06-21 Name: A. Bynum

Neighbor has one ---- it is VERY loud and cycles on VERY often, especially annoying during the summer when you are outside. I have a very quiet and efficient TRANE. There should be laws to protect people from the noise of Frigidaire units