Consumer Reviews of Frigidaire heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about Frigidaire heat pumps

Date created: 2010-08-03 Name: Leah Lester

"NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS"
I had the unit installed when we built our new home in 2008. It started having problems before we even got fully moved in and has had something wrong with it every time we turn around. The contractor that installed the unit is just as sorry as the unit itself. Cannot even get him to return our calls. I have told everyone I can about how sorry the unit and the dealer is that installed it.**** Never would I recommend it to anyone****

Date created: 2010-07-24 Name: C. Anderson

"Not A Good Product"
May 2009, we purchased a 1460 sq. ft. home built in 2006. Home came with Frigidaire Nordyne Heat pump installed when house was built. The Model is ft3ba-030ka 2.5 Ton. Serial #fta050901325. Our house will not cool below 81 degrees when it is in the 90's outside. We have had it serviced, freon added, and just replaced the coil. Still not functioning properly. This unit was installed and has been serviced by Mitchell Air in Chattanooga, TN. We are very unsatisfied with this unit and feel someone should stand behind this product or replace it. After reading other reviews, now I know we have a very inferior product. Too bad, because Frigidaire used to have a very good name.

Date created: 2010-06-25 Name: J. Cunniff

"Three Ton SEER 12 FT3BC"
The unit has had one problem since installation. The reversing valve burned up because it was not mounted properly by the factory. An existing problem involves rusting of the "a" coil in the air handler due to poor manufacturing. The end plates were drilled after the galvanizing was applied. Their product service representative says that's ok as it won't decrease the life of the unit.

Date created: 2010-06-12 Name: E. Merbler

"Heat pump"
I am most dissatisfied with this unit. I have had nothing but problems with this heat pump since day one. I have a service contract with an HVAC contractor who comes out twice a year to service the equipment, so maintenance is not an issue. The heat pump would not be high on my list of recommendations. On a scale of 1 -10, it rates a zero.

Date created: 2010-04-27 Name: BH Pen

"Fourth Compressor Out In 4 Years"
I left a bad review last year after my 3rd compressor went out in 3 years. It has happened again on the 4th year. 4th compressor is needed. On the 5 year quality satisfaction warranty, they are only willing to replace the outside unit with paying little installation. I have to replace and pay for the coil, freon lines and pay for the remainder of the installation. My warranty does not start over again either. They tried everything from saying this unit is over 5 years old, but I had my installation receipt of 4 years. It was sold and is at a house in another state across the county. We sent photos with it installed at my home showing the serial number, and that it was a different refrigerant type and seer but I had all my paperwork. I will never buy Frigidaire appliances or heat pumps again. Every summer, I end up sinking money into this almost new heat pump. First, compressor went out at 10 months and every year thereafter.

Date created: 2010-04-07 Name: Jeff R.

"Frigidaire by Nordyne"
The unit was installed when we built our house. It started having trouble after about a year. After 7 years and many, many repairs, we are going to have to replace the whole system. No one in the area will sell them anymore because they have such reliability problems. My A/C guys said that they have never seen a Frigidaire last more than 9 years. This is a bad system.

Date created: 2010-03-24 Name: S. Bennett

"HVAC OWNER"
As a HVAC owner for over 30 yrs I have seen my share of equipment problems and consumer complaints. I have sold Nordyne equipment (Intertherm, Miller, Tappan, Gibson & Frigidaire HVAC equipment). Yes, there are some manufacture problems that either the manufacture does takes care of or even we do at many times throughout the years to help customers. But I can also tell you that the equipment any brand has is only as good as the people who install and properly service the equipment. Probably the most thing we preach to our customers, is clean or replace your filters monthly. Please let us, as HVAC service people, service and check out your equipment annually to better help you take care of your equipment. Ask your HVAC company about a service contract. They are not a money making scheme by any means but a way that your neighborhood HVAC company can help you maintain and take care of your equipment. I would rather see a customer put the money towards an annual equipment service and check out as to buying an extended labor warranty. If you do buy an extended labor warranty, keep in mind as a consumer that it is your responsibility to still keep your equipment professionally serviced every year and to maintain your filters.

Date created: 2010-02-17 Name: Melody Aubin

"Frigidaire Heat Pump"
I had a Frigidaire Heat Pump installed with an electric furnace when I built my house 3.5 years ago. I've had nothing but problems with it right from installation time and yes, a licensed, qualified Frigidaire rep installed it. The fan never stopped going even in winter - we were freezing all the time, the whole first 3 winters. Even when the electric furnace cut in, the heat pump continued to supply cold air along with the warm air of the furnace, defeating the heating system. I've had problems with Interior Comfort, the "qualified installer", in that now that he and the suppliers, Andrew Sheret, have decided that the fan unit needs replacing, Frigidaire do not make this recent model any longer and they cannot get a replacement fan unit for it. It is extremely noisy and the fan, when it's running, sounds like it needs work on it asap or it's going to fly away into outer space. I wouldn't recommend this brand to anyone and it wasn't cheap! From what both Interior Comfort and Andrew Sheret reps say, I am concluding that Frigidaire are simply trying to avoid honouring their warranty; otherwise it would be fixed as the warranty implies! And the neighbours complained about the noise from it since installation.

Date created: 2009-12-30 Name: G. Bowling

"Problematic and Cold"
Less than 2 years after install repairs were needed - temperature would not go above 65 in the house and the unit runs nonstop. Same problem occurred 3 years later and tomorrow the repair man will be here at 8:00 A.M. again for the same problems. Need I say more! Definitely not worth the money, hassle or time.

Date created: 2009-12-04 Name: Alex. Z

"Frigidaire Heat Pump"
I am very happy with it. In the 6 years that I have had it I never had any problems with it. I would definetly recomended it to anyone considering installing heat pump and the price that we payed for it was great unlike some other brands that we got quotes on.