Consumer Reviews of Frigidaire heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about Frigidaire heat pumps

Date created: 2010-04-07 Name: Jeff R.

"Frigidaire by Nordyne"
The unit was installed when we built our house. It started having trouble after about a year. After 7 years and many, many repairs, we are going to have to replace the whole system. No one in the area will sell them anymore because they have such reliability problems. My A/C guys said that they have never seen a Frigidaire last more than 9 years. This is a bad system.

Date created: 2010-03-24 Name: S. Bennett

"HVAC OWNER"
As a HVAC owner for over 30 yrs I have seen my share of equipment problems and consumer complaints. I have sold Nordyne equipment (Intertherm, Miller, Tappan, Gibson & Frigidaire HVAC equipment). Yes, there are some manufacture problems that either the manufacture does takes care of or even we do at many times throughout the years to help customers. But I can also tell you that the equipment any brand has is only as good as the people who install and properly service the equipment. Probably the most thing we preach to our customers, is clean or replace your filters monthly. Please let us, as HVAC service people, service and check out your equipment annually to better help you take care of your equipment. Ask your HVAC company about a service contract. They are not a money making scheme by any means but a way that your neighborhood HVAC company can help you maintain and take care of your equipment. I would rather see a customer put the money towards an annual equipment service and check out as to buying an extended labor warranty. If you do buy an extended labor warranty, keep in mind as a consumer that it is your responsibility to still keep your equipment professionally serviced every year and to maintain your filters.

Date created: 2010-02-17 Name: Melody Aubin

"Frigidaire Heat Pump"
I had a Frigidaire Heat Pump installed with an electric furnace when I built my house 3.5 years ago. I've had nothing but problems with it right from installation time and yes, a licensed, qualified Frigidaire rep installed it. The fan never stopped going even in winter - we were freezing all the time, the whole first 3 winters. Even when the electric furnace cut in, the heat pump continued to supply cold air along with the warm air of the furnace, defeating the heating system. I've had problems with Interior Comfort, the "qualified installer", in that now that he and the suppliers, Andrew Sheret, have decided that the fan unit needs replacing, Frigidaire do not make this recent model any longer and they cannot get a replacement fan unit for it. It is extremely noisy and the fan, when it's running, sounds like it needs work on it asap or it's going to fly away into outer space. I wouldn't recommend this brand to anyone and it wasn't cheap! From what both Interior Comfort and Andrew Sheret reps say, I am concluding that Frigidaire are simply trying to avoid honouring their warranty; otherwise it would be fixed as the warranty implies! And the neighbours complained about the noise from it since installation.

Date created: 2009-12-30 Name: G. Bowling

"Problematic and Cold"
Less than 2 years after install repairs were needed - temperature would not go above 65 in the house and the unit runs nonstop. Same problem occurred 3 years later and tomorrow the repair man will be here at 8:00 A.M. again for the same problems. Need I say more! Definitely not worth the money, hassle or time.

Date created: 2009-12-04 Name: Alex. Z

"Frigidaire Heat Pump"
I am very happy with it. In the 6 years that I have had it I never had any problems with it. I would definetly recomended it to anyone considering installing heat pump and the price that we payed for it was great unlike some other brands that we got quotes on.

Date created: 2009-03-13 Name: BHPen
Location: NC

"Bad Purchase"
Just started on my 3rd year of my new system and am replacing the compressor for the 2nd time. First one went out at 11 months, and the 2nd at the beginning of the 3rd year. This is a money pit.

Date created: 2009-03-05 Name: D. Thomas

"Debbie Thomas"
Though new this heat pump is in a state of constant repair. Probably 3-4 times a year the HVAC repair person comes out to the tune of $300-400 per visit either because there is a leak in the coolant; or the house stays cold in the winter months. I have never been so dissatisfied with a product, though I have purchased many, Frigidaire products over my lifetime. My house is always cold, the unit runs 24/7 and my electric bill has climbed from $180 to $500.00 a month. I have had to defer payment of my electric bill the last two months because I cannot afford to pay it and in a brand new home, I have yet to stay warm in the winter months I cannot get warm. I walk around the house in flannels, socks, a jacket and sit under a blanket whenever I am home. I would never recommend this product to anyone and my husband is in the home building trade and has many opportunities to recommend the products we used in our home. I have asked the HVAC repair people to write to Frigidaire and recommend replacement of this unit because it is still under warranty.

Date created: 2008-01-04 Name: Rudy V. Gonzales
Location: Bedfordm, TX

Two years ago i replaced two outside units and two airhandlers. In October 2007 I had to replace one of the motors in the airhandler because it "froze up". In January 4, 2008 I had to replace one of the fan motors in one of the outside units. Within two years I have had to pay $568.00 for repairs. The parts are under warranty but the labor is not. You would think that the equipment would last for more than two years.

Date created: 2007-07-25 Name: Mike Uysal

Two breakdowns since purchase. 1. Defrost Board malfunction 2. Fan Motor malfunction

Date created: 2007-06-21 Name: A. Bynum

Neighbor has one ---- it is VERY loud and cycles on VERY often, especially annoying during the summer when you are outside. I have a very quiet and efficient TRANE. There should be laws to protect people from the noise of Frigidaire units