Consumer Reviews of Frigidaire heat pumps

Read more about Frigidaire heat pumps

Date created: 2011-01-26 Name: S.Ritter
Location: Paola, KS

"DO NOT BUY THIS UNIT!!!!!"
My husband is disabled and I work a full time job to make ends meet. Had I know the purchase of this Frigidare would be this way, I would have saved my money! Since it has been installed, I have had to call the installer back several times because of the racket and noise. Last time I was told to let it go and hopefully it would crash before the warranty was up. When I contacted Frigidaire, they could careless that neighbors can hear the noise 1/4 mile away. I have been give an attorny to contact, it is THAT bad! If you want a product that is good quality and that the manufacturer stands behind...choose another brand!

Date created: 2011-01-20 Name: P. Cunningham
Location: Manchester, TN

"A Nightmare"
We purchased this unit, thinking that the warranty would be so great and wonderful and that the unit would be efficient and that our electric bill would be reasonable and that we would be comfortable....NOT!!! We installed the unit April 2002 and had to have it worked on September 2002..and things have gone downhill since.

Date created: 2010-12-27 Name: Deborah Gilstrap
Location: Gainesville, Georgia

"I hate this heat pump"
When the heat is set on auto heat,the heat will run for a while, and then kick the breaker off when the temperature is below 35 and the pump runs a lot. when it is on Emergency heat, it does not go off, but the thermostat is set on 73, and the warmest it gets is 64-66 degrees, and that is with the gas logs on giving us some extra heat. This pump is only two years old. If we had small children, or elderly in the house this would not workl. I hate it!!! whe we first got this systme we called the installer, and he said this is normal, nothing is wrong with the pump.

Date created: 2010-12-24 Name: Tsayre

"Dissatified product for well known Company"
13 Seer heat pump inside coil defective 10 year warranty after only 21/2 years running I have nothing good to say about Frigidaire after this, it cost me in excess $1100.00 to replace not including the extra Electric cost leading up to the replacement.

Date created: 2010-12-06 Name: H. Johnson
Location: Richmond, VA

"Marginal"
We had to replace the inner coil after a couple of years, coil under warranty, labor and refrigerant at our expense. After 3 years or so, 10 year old Trane in upstairs zone puts out MUCH more heat before strip heaters come on.

Date created: 2010-11-08 Name: WF
Location: Atlanta

"HVAC Unit"
Two years ago we replaced our HVAC heat pump. This summmer the coil developed a leak. It was under warranty but the labor to replace it was $600.00. When I was checking with other repairmen that this unit was oorly designed with the new HVAC system. I would not recommend it to anyone

Date created: 2010-10-29 Name: walt
Location: Tenn

"Bad installers?"
I disagree with the assertion made by last review. It may very well be that it is the fault of bad installers who are doing a bad job installing the equipment and that is why there are so many defects. but who better to police these installers than the manufacturer. Shouldn't they be certifying some and denying those that do not meet some standard or who get bad feed back. I as an individual do not have the resources to check out every possible HVAC company to find out if they are bad or good. The manufacturers should be policing the industry because it is a reflection back on them. I have a Frigidaire and it was installed by a Frigidaire certified/authorized installer. He installed a 2 stage 2 ton unit in a 880 sqft apartment WITHOUT doing a Manual J or a duct design. I had to fight with him to supply me with at least the heat/cool calcs. Best I can tell is it will never use the second stage in winter and it is too big for most of the summer months. They didn't hook up the electric heat, put in a vibration barrier but after getting them back twice to support the ducts so they didn't rest on the unit and defeat the purpose of the vibration bladder I did it myself. Air handler supplied with 16 x 18 inch filter and almost impossible to find except on web. They didn't install one and ran the system without one. Lord only knows how much construction dust they sent through the system. Need more?? Right now it is 45 degrees outside and the reversing valve has come on twice in the last hour for 15 minutes each time bringing in 50 degree air to the apartment. Some relay? inside the outside unit keeps trying to lock but buzzes loudly and breaks on and off repeatedly. No way to balance supply air. Just a bad job and I looked on the BBB web site before I went with this guy and found nothing. So is it my fault?? or should the manufacturers be more proactive in who they let do the installs for them??

Date created: 2010-08-09 Name: S. Bettencourt

"Good equipment"
The issues I am reading on these reviews indiacte that the unit was not installed correctly, licensed installers or not, they installed it wrong. The fact that the technicians you people are hiring cannot fix the running constantly issue in one shot indicates that your poor review should be about the company you hired x it not the equipment. You should be more careful about bad talking something that has many other variables that have caused your displeasure. frigidaire is an outstanding brand that does honor its warranties. Homeowners tend to screw this up by hiring less than professional hvac companies to install and to repair.

Date created: 2010-08-03 Name: Leah Lester

"NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS"
I had the unit installed when we built our new home in 2008. It started having problems before we even got fully moved in and has had something wrong with it every time we turn around. The contractor that installed the unit is just as sorry as the unit itself. Cannot even get him to return our calls. I have told everyone I can about how sorry the unit and the dealer is that installed it.**** Never would I recommend it to anyone****

Date created: 2010-07-24 Name: C. Anderson

"Not A Good Product"
May 2009, we purchased a 1460 sq. ft. home built in 2006. Home came with Frigidaire Nordyne Heat pump installed when house was built. The Model is ft3ba-030ka 2.5 Ton. Serial #fta050901325. Our house will not cool below 81 degrees when it is in the 90's outside. We have had it serviced, freon added, and just replaced the coil. Still not functioning properly. This unit was installed and has been serviced by Mitchell Air in Chattanooga, TN. We are very unsatisfied with this unit and feel someone should stand behind this product or replace it. After reading other reviews, now I know we have a very inferior product. Too bad, because Frigidaire used to have a very good name.