Consumer Reviews of Frigidaire heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about Frigidaire heat pumps

Date created: 2010-12-24 Name: Tsayre

"Dissatified product for well known Company"
13 Seer heat pump inside coil defective 10 year warranty after only 21/2 years running I have nothing good to say about Frigidaire after this, it cost me in excess $1100.00 to replace not including the extra Electric cost leading up to the replacement.

Date created: 2010-12-06 Name: H. Johnson
Location: Richmond, VA

"Marginal"
We had to replace the inner coil after a couple of years, coil under warranty, labor and refrigerant at our expense. After 3 years or so, 10 year old Trane in upstairs zone puts out MUCH more heat before strip heaters come on.

Date created: 2010-11-08 Name: WF
Location: Atlanta

"HVAC Unit"
Two years ago we replaced our HVAC heat pump. This summmer the coil developed a leak. It was under warranty but the labor to replace it was $600.00. When I was checking with other repairmen that this unit was oorly designed with the new HVAC system. I would not recommend it to anyone

Date created: 2010-10-29 Name: walt
Location: Tenn

"Bad installers?"
I disagree with the assertion made by last review. It may very well be that it is the fault of bad installers who are doing a bad job installing the equipment and that is why there are so many defects. but who better to police these installers than the manufacturer. Shouldn't they be certifying some and denying those that do not meet some standard or who get bad feed back. I as an individual do not have the resources to check out every possible HVAC company to find out if they are bad or good. The manufacturers should be policing the industry because it is a reflection back on them. I have a Frigidaire and it was installed by a Frigidaire certified/authorized installer. He installed a 2 stage 2 ton unit in a 880 sqft apartment WITHOUT doing a Manual J or a duct design. I had to fight with him to supply me with at least the heat/cool calcs. Best I can tell is it will never use the second stage in winter and it is too big for most of the summer months. They didn't hook up the electric heat, put in a vibration barrier but after getting them back twice to support the ducts so they didn't rest on the unit and defeat the purpose of the vibration bladder I did it myself. Air handler supplied with 16 x 18 inch filter and almost impossible to find except on web. They didn't install one and ran the system without one. Lord only knows how much construction dust they sent through the system. Need more?? Right now it is 45 degrees outside and the reversing valve has come on twice in the last hour for 15 minutes each time bringing in 50 degree air to the apartment. Some relay? inside the outside unit keeps trying to lock but buzzes loudly and breaks on and off repeatedly. No way to balance supply air. Just a bad job and I looked on the BBB web site before I went with this guy and found nothing. So is it my fault?? or should the manufacturers be more proactive in who they let do the installs for them??

Date created: 2010-08-09 Name: S. Bettencourt

"Good equipment"
The issues I am reading on these reviews indiacte that the unit was not installed correctly, licensed installers or not, they installed it wrong. The fact that the technicians you people are hiring cannot fix the running constantly issue in one shot indicates that your poor review should be about the company you hired x it not the equipment. You should be more careful about bad talking something that has many other variables that have caused your displeasure. frigidaire is an outstanding brand that does honor its warranties. Homeowners tend to screw this up by hiring less than professional hvac companies to install and to repair.

Date created: 2010-08-03 Name: Leah Lester

"NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS"
I had the unit installed when we built our new home in 2008. It started having problems before we even got fully moved in and has had something wrong with it every time we turn around. The contractor that installed the unit is just as sorry as the unit itself. Cannot even get him to return our calls. I have told everyone I can about how sorry the unit and the dealer is that installed it.**** Never would I recommend it to anyone****

Date created: 2010-07-24 Name: C. Anderson

"Not A Good Product"
May 2009, we purchased a 1460 sq. ft. home built in 2006. Home came with Frigidaire Nordyne Heat pump installed when house was built. The Model is ft3ba-030ka 2.5 Ton. Serial #fta050901325. Our house will not cool below 81 degrees when it is in the 90's outside. We have had it serviced, freon added, and just replaced the coil. Still not functioning properly. This unit was installed and has been serviced by Mitchell Air in Chattanooga, TN. We are very unsatisfied with this unit and feel someone should stand behind this product or replace it. After reading other reviews, now I know we have a very inferior product. Too bad, because Frigidaire used to have a very good name.

Date created: 2010-06-25 Name: J. Cunniff

"Three Ton SEER 12 FT3BC"
The unit has had one problem since installation. The reversing valve burned up because it was not mounted properly by the factory. An existing problem involves rusting of the "a" coil in the air handler due to poor manufacturing. The end plates were drilled after the galvanizing was applied. Their product service representative says that's ok as it won't decrease the life of the unit.

Date created: 2010-06-12 Name: E. Merbler

"Heat pump"
I am most dissatisfied with this unit. I have had nothing but problems with this heat pump since day one. I have a service contract with an HVAC contractor who comes out twice a year to service the equipment, so maintenance is not an issue. The heat pump would not be high on my list of recommendations. On a scale of 1 -10, it rates a zero.

Date created: 2010-04-27 Name: BH Pen

"Fourth Compressor Out In 4 Years"
I left a bad review last year after my 3rd compressor went out in 3 years. It has happened again on the 4th year. 4th compressor is needed. On the 5 year quality satisfaction warranty, they are only willing to replace the outside unit with paying little installation. I have to replace and pay for the coil, freon lines and pay for the remainder of the installation. My warranty does not start over again either. They tried everything from saying this unit is over 5 years old, but I had my installation receipt of 4 years. It was sold and is at a house in another state across the county. We sent photos with it installed at my home showing the serial number, and that it was a different refrigerant type and seer but I had all my paperwork. I will never buy Frigidaire appliances or heat pumps again. Every summer, I end up sinking money into this almost new heat pump. First, compressor went out at 10 months and every year thereafter.