Consumer Reviews of Frigidaire heat pumps

Read more about Frigidaire heat pumps

Date created: 2013-05-30 Name: Tom Bynum
Location: Hot Springs, AR

"Very Poor Quality"
I purchased a new home in 2010 and the builder had installed 2 Frigidaire heat pumps. The units are the loudest units I have ever heard. I had to have a service men out within 4 months of moving into the home. After several service calls, the upstairs unit was replaced under the Frigidaire's quality warranty. Which ended up costing me over $750.00 for labor and freon because that's not covered by their warranty. Even though the unit was defective I still had to pay to have the new unit installed. Then not six months later, the coil had to be replaced at an additional charge of $450.00 because only the parts are covered under their warranty. Now another six months has passed and now there is a crack in the condensation pan. Which is going to be another $450.00 labor and freon charge not to mention the cost to repair the ceiling where the water from the condensation pan leaked on the ceiling and caused damage to the ceiling. I contacted Frigidaire/Nordyne to voice my concerns about this defective system only to be told that they regret the issues I have encountered, but the warranty only covers parts. I would never recommend their products to anyone and I'm a very dissatisfied customer.

Date created: 2013-01-26 Name: Sam S.
Location: Pottstown,PA

"Poor installers"
Recently I was looking at the Frigidaire reviews. Number 1: a quality contractor will give at the least a 2 year warranty on any F Series unit. The E Series is "builders' grade" equipment. Number 2: freon pressures are very sensitive. If your service man is not spending at the least an hour watching freon temps and pressures then your system is not properly charged. It takes at least 20 minutes for pressures and temps to stabilize. I have spent 4 hours reading complaints and found it to be poor installations and (sorry to say) the contractor / service man. If your service man starts to criticize a company's products he sells something different. I was a Trane dealer for 10 years -- talk about junk !!!! I never had a problem with any of the hundreds of Nordyne Products I have installed. Also coils are manufactured for several companies by 1 coil manufacture and so on. Trane had the worst with evaporator coils but they filter their reviews and you won't see them if they are bad. As for Frigidaire warranty repairs my supplier questions nothing and I get me my parts asap with no problem from Frigidaire! Good luck with any other dealer. I have Trane and Frigidaire heat pumps in my home and can't wait to have time from installing Frigidaire hvac to replace my Trane!

Date created: 2012-08-24 Name: Chris K.
Location: Pottstown PA

"Dealer"
Hi, I am not quite sure why people are having problems. First when you have a warranty problem you are dealing with the installation company, not the supply house or ditributor of the product. So far I have installed over 40 heat pumps from frigidaire problem free! Any warranty issues are with dealer and manufacturer not homeowner, poor installation company in my eyes. All companies have problems. I saw them all -- trane, rheem, carrier rots away, York hvac company best friend, I can go on. Thse newer systems are more sensitive to freon pressures than the old r- 22 systems. All that I have read here are installation problems and poor business practice !! Placed here in dissatisfied so all who are unhappy whith the system they purchased should be calling installation company !! It's in my house !

Date created: 2012-05-28 Name: John
Location: N.C.

"Heating contractor"
I have been in the hvac industry for 25 years. Have been a contractor for 15 years. I know all equipment has problems. This is one of the worst pieces of equipment I have ever sold. I became a dealer in 2008 and dropped all Nordyne brands of equipment in 2009. Even our distributer dropped this brand due to massive warranty claims and loss of customers. I Have replaced numerious systems for my customers out of my pocket because of the amount of failures on this equipment. Problems were not due to installers but due to equipment's poor quality.

Date created: 2012-02-28 Name: Andrew Richards
Location: 2506 Darwin Avenue Sarasota Fl 34239

"Frigidaire / Nordine"
I purchased a new central air and heat system from Consolidated Air Conditioning of Sarasota Florida on November 16th of 2009 for the amount of $5,220.00. Since the purchase I have had all the recommended service calls. I have had nothing but problems with the unit and the Consolidated people tell me that it is because of the cheap Chinese parts used by the company. Now they tell me that the entire coil in the house is leaking and has to be replaced and that the labor will be expensive. This unit is only two years old and I am ill and living on a very limited fixed income. Recently they came and added 3 pounds of refrigerant at a cost of $259,00 to me without even bringing a leak detector to check for leaks first. The next day they brought the leak detector and said I need a new coil and will have to pay labor and also for more refrigerant. It is over 80 degrees in my house. I have a severely compromised immune system and this is very bad for me. This system should have lasted more than two years. I still over 3 thousand dollars of the unit and it's only 2 years old. I don't know what to do. This is not the first problem with this unit that resulted in costs to me. Please help. Consolidated ac is not returning my call. Thank You Andy R.

Date created: 2011-12-27 Name: PAUL MYERS
Location: DUNCANNON PA

"HEAT PUMP"
This is junk, I had a Carrier for 27 years before I had to have any repairs. This thing had to replaced before the first year was up. The repair man has been here so much I know his first name. He's here again today because the coil is out and it is only 2 years old. Frigidaire should be in jail for selling this junk.

Date created: 2011-11-22 Name: Victor D.
Location: Sacramento, CA

"4 Ton Frigidaire died quickly"
My Frigidaire took a dump after only 8 months. I checked out the hvac installer on the California Contractors licensing website and he was in good standing. After the initial installed a valve failed about 6 months into the thing, the 2 months later the coil started to leak. Lost $600.00 in freon, and now I am fighting with the installing for a refund. These units are JUNK...!!! Plain and simple, my Goodman lasted 30 years, not 8 months.

Date created: 2011-10-06 Name: M. Dash
Location: Ormond Beach, FL

"Very disappointed"
The Frigidaire ET4BD-036K unit was purchased for $6535 in March 2009. We figured we were all set for the duration. We've spent $600.00 in repairs, and because we have a service contract our installer is as unhappy as we are. Now we need the third compressor. Nordyne isn't the least interested in helping. I guess we're all in the clutches of the Great American corporate world. In other words screw the consumer. We have trusted Frigidaire, but certainly no longer. Don't buy this unit!!

Date created: 2011-06-08 Name: Marshall d
Location: Northern va

"Great, Comfort comfort"
The only better thing than the price is how comfortable my home has been. Humidity is no longer an issue. Quite quite all I can say. Great guys who installed it. Small Solutions LLC I would recommend then to any body.

Date created: 2011-03-30 Name: J rogers
Location: Murray Ky

"Mrs"
We bought this five year old house it like new but the heat pump NOISE is driving me mad ! I can not sleep for it. We have put in a new motor in one compressor and have added a back up gas unit . The noise is so loud iam going crazy. We are only here on weekends ,what will we do when we retire in June? I stay cold all the time too. No I would not buy a Frigaire heat pump.