Consumer Reviews of Frigidaire heat pumps

Read more about Frigidaire heat pumps

Date created: 2016-06-04 Name: Kenny Hart
Location: Jacksonville, TX

"Sertously concerned"
Installed a high-end zoned Frigidaire heat pump system in my new house in mid-2010. Since then I have had one evaporator replaced after two years due to leakage and now after two years it needs another evaporator. I bought a ten-year parts and labor extended warranty when the unit was installed thinking we were good to go for at least that amount of time. There is obviously a problem with the components. Just curious if anyone else has seen this same concern.

Date created: 2015-09-24 Location: Dothan, Al

"Our family couldn't be more happy with our high efficiency Frigidaire heat pump. It's perfect for out needs."
We are so happy with our new higher efficiency Frigidaire heat pump. We have only had it in the last six months but have already seen a reduction in our energy bill, can't wait to see how it does in the winter. It's so very quiet we sometimes forget that it's even running. There is really nothing negative that can be said about this system. It's super quiet, amazingly efficient and keeps up with our needs. I haven't had to have any service work on it yet which is always a plus. The outside of this system looks to be extremely durable and isn't such an eye sore as some heat pumps tend to be. We couldn't be happier with our heat pump!

Date created: 2015-07-13 Name: Carolyn S.
Location: Somerville, TN

"Do not buy a Frigidaire heat pump"
We bought a 15 SEER R410 variable speed air handler heat pump in 2007 for $8,221.00. We have had nothing but trouble from the beginning. We have spent over $2,000.00 already trying to fix problems. I threatened to call the Better Business Bureau and the dealer gave us 5 years additional parts and labor. They don't make ours anymore! We had to use the auxiliary heat mode one winter and the electric bill was $400.00 for one month while waiting for a part to be made! Don't waste your money on this brand. The ironic part about the whole thing is that the dealer rep recommended this model and brand! Needless to say we are very unhappy with the entire experience with this brand. Don't buy Frigidaire.

Date created: 2015-02-05 Name: Gary Harrison
Location: Chandler, AZ

"Improper installation or service"
In reading most of these reviews, it is clear that most of these complaints are due to improper installation or improper service. Can't get a part, we go to the supply house and pull a part out of a new unit. This happens with all manufacturers. It's up to the service/install company to make it right with the customer. Two weeks to get a compressor? Any reputable company would just put in a new unit and make the supply house refund them back; and they will, because they want the future business. Multiple leaky coils and static pressure issues? Improper installation is the cause for 90% of unit failures in the first two years. I am a contractor and we see this with all brands. A unit is only as good as the install. It's sad that Frigidaire won't go on here and say this, but then the AC companies will get mad because it makes them look bad. I hope this helps in your search. Look up any brand and you will find all these same reviews.

Date created: 2015-01-08 Name: T Singleton
Location: Russellville, AR

"Believe all the poor reviews and do not buy a Frigidaire!"
We are not only spending money every season for installation of "covered parts" that need replacing, but we are now replacing the same parts more than once. This last part was hard to get, backlogged at the factory, and all the while we have had to be on electric strip auxiliary heat. Never again!

Date created: 2014-11-28 Name: Susan F.
Location: Dadeville, AL

"Piece of junk"
We purchased our Frigidaire 3 1/2 ton 13 SEER heat pump package unit in February, 2008. First the capacitor went out, which cost $225.00, and then it developed a leak in the coil. It was supposedly fixed and recharged with 7 1/2 lbs. of Freon, which cost $225.00. The fan blade broke after that, so it was a fan replacement at $75.00. The coil developed another leak (larger) so the entire system was changed out from an R-22 to an R-410 in September, 2010. In August, 2013 the blower motor went out and was replaced for $75.00. Then the straw that broke the camel's back happened on October of 2014, when the coil developed a leak and lost all the Freon. Sunshine Heat and Air came out and recharged it with Freon, and it leaked back out in 2 days. The owner said he could make me a real "sweet" deal on a new unit...somehow I don't think so.

Date created: 2014-08-07 Name: J. Holland
Location: Clarksville, AR

"Waste of money"
We had a Frigidaire unit installed about a year ago in our newly built home and have had nothing but trouble!! We can't seem to get Frigidaire to back up their product at all. They keep pointing the finger at the installation guy but then we had one of their service techs and one of the big wigs come out and they said everything looked perfect and that there is nothing wrong with our unit!! We continue to have the same problems as from day 1. They just keeping coming up with different excuses and different things to try!! Do not waste your hard earned money on this Brand!!!

Date created: 2014-05-21 Name: Larry S.
Location: Mansfield, TX (76063)

"Be afraid, be very afraid"
Bought the unit to replace a failed one. It is a 5 ton split system. The compressor died under warranty in 20 months, $800 labor to replace. The compressor died two months later under warranty, another $600 labor to replace. The evaporator has been repaired twice (total $940 labor). The replacement compressor died in 22 months after installation. Now they want $650 out of my pocket to remove, package, and ship the thing to the manufacturer to "see" if they will cover it under warranty, or they will be pleased to "upgrade" to new system for $7000. And best of all, the service tech does not recommend Frigidaire as it is not really suited for this large size (same company who sold it to me less than four years ago.....)

Date created: 2014-01-21 Name: M. Patterson
Location: Chattanooga, TN

"DO NOT BUY"
I own a 3 year old house. I have had nothing but trouble with a Frigidaire heat pump. I have had one problem after another. Three different heating companies have tried to solve the problems, the last of which is leaking Freon. I have decided to replace the entire unit - - not with Frigidaire! - before I spend more money on a useless product. I would also warn a future purchaser that the unit is very noisy. In addition, Frigidaire reps couldn't care less about their customers.

Date created: 2013-08-20 Name: Marva Cathey

"Constant Money Drain"
I purchased this unit inside and out in 2005. Something goes out every summer that requires replacement. I am on my third condenser. The second condenser lasted almost a year. Now, the inside unit has a leaking coil that cannot be replaced. My choice is to continue to patch this system (repairs have now exceed the original cost) or dump it all and start over.