Consumer Reviews of FRIEDRICH heat pumps

Read more about FRIEDRICH heat pumps

Date created: 2016-11-06 Name: Pete
Location: Austin, TX

"Friedrich mini split"
Being a licensed contractor and having put in thousands of mini split systems, I cannot find it in good conscience to install another one of these mini splits in a house. Bought a 9000 BTU mini split for my own office to test it before selling this brand. We still have an error code of e6 communication problems. After replacing wire control board a new head still doesn't work. I will stick with Mitsubishi. Friedrich is a piece of junk!

Date created: 2016-01-05 Name: George Wallace
Location: Guin, AL

"Will not heat if temperature is below 35"
Had it replaced 3 times, still no good. No heat, high bill each month. Junk, expensive junk.

Date created: 2015-09-29 Name: M Leiber
Location: Greenwich, CT

"Total piece of junk"
Could never get continuous use out of the system. Service people would return over and over. Parts were defective, but Friedrich's warranty is for parts only, not labor. Service people finally gave up after so many calls, including calls they didn't charge for. Replaced the compressor twice and it needs it again! I would never buy a Friedrich again.

Date created: 2013-02-27 Name: Garry Rooks
Location: Libertyville, IL

"Mini Split System - Fantastic"
I purchased a mini split system ceiling cassette model to use upstairs and it has performed wonderfully. I like this system because it is very quiet, cools well, and allowed for, but doesn't require me to have cooling ducted to two ceiling vents. The system was a good fit due to the sloped ceilings for the exception of one area where the ceilings are flat. We have had no problems and it performs as expected.

Date created: 2011-12-02 Location: Bismarck, ND

"Worlds Greatest Heat Pump"
This heat pump is great havent had any problems with it and have owned it for about four years, its been repaired once but the company came in and did it for a very reasonable price. I would buy this heat pump any day hopefully I will stick with this brand for a while, it only need to be replaced because a shortage of a fuse. I like that it always maintains my desired temperature and saved my butt this last winter it reaches the temperature you want very quick which is always a plus, no need for a ton of blankets and that fireplace anymore.

Date created: 2009-11-28 Name: Mike Grant

"Noisy Friedrich Heat Pump"
Ever since it has been installed (about 5 weeks) the heat pump has a wave of noisy sound that continues until it stops. When it's time to heat the room again, then the noisy wavy sound hits again. I don't know if it is a product or installation defect.