Consumer Reviews of DUCANE heat pumps

Read more about DUCANE heat pumps

Date created: 2010-03-09 Name: Bubba

"Rep"
For those who are looking for a phone number to Allied Air, the makers of the Ducane units, it's 1-800-448-5872. They are out of Columbus SC. Though affiliated with Lennox, they are manufactured at separate facilities. Ducane has been a good selling product for me, but there are many under-trained installers putting systems in. Trane, Carrier, York etc, all experience problems with under-trained installers. They are becoming an industry nightmare. Know not only your contractor, his reputation, his references, but always, I mean always asked the person touching your baby (heat pump), ask that person for his certifications before starting work.

Date created: 2010-02-24 Name: J. Plyler

"Ducane Heat Pump"
The system (2HP13L48P) is under three years old and replaced an Armstrong unit that lasted 8 years. This unit ran fine for the first year and one half, however since then it's been down 30% of the time since. An elbow out of the compressor leaked all the r22 out the first time had that soldered and everything was fine then the defrost board went, and 2 weeks ago the same elbow has let loose again. It's down for who knows how long again. A good reputable manufacturing co. would not want anything of this quality in the field.

Date created: 2010-02-16 Name: Carl

"Ridiculous"
I had never heard of Ducane. I wish that were still true. Our brand New House came with a Ducane 4-ton Heat Pump that has been one problem after another since we moved in. The outside unit has quit all three winters. It will not hold freon. The unit actually rattles inside my wall, making our dining room almost unusable when the heat pump runs due to the noise. Maybe an installation problem - I don't know. All I know is that this unit will have to be replaced long before it should, and the replacement will be anything but Ducane. Do yourself a favor and stay away from these cheaply made and undependable heat pumps.

Date created: 2010-01-15 Name: Harrisburg, PA

"No problems so far"
Outside unit is a bit loud when it kicks on but so far so good.

Date created: 2010-01-11 Name: Upset

"A piece of junk"
Nothing but problem between the third and fourth year of working. Also hard to find replacement parts. Even try to go online to find them. The company shows nothing.

Date created: 2010-01-02 Name: M. Jones

"Feed up"
I bought my unit for $4500.00. The first year, the insulation on the inside unit came undone and sucked into the A-coil later that year. Then the outside fan motor just stopped working. All in all, I have had to have someone out every season for something. The parts have been replaced but somehow I always get stuck with paying labor, despite the warranty. This year, the cooling worked great but now that we have gotten into the colder weather, the outside unit has stopped working again.

Date created: 2009-12-17 Name: J. M.
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Ducane it garbage"
I purchased the unit from Alaskan Air Conditioning and had problems immediately. It was making a clacking noise and it took them two visits to figure out it was the blower wheel. Next, a switch went out and on year five told he needs the expansion valve replaced. This part runs about 600 bucks. Alaskan is telling me I have to purchase their performance package at $580.00 to keep my extended 10-year warranty. Total rip off from Alaskan and Ducane heat pump is crap. Don't buy it and don't use Alaskan to install or service it in Phoenix, Arizona. Ducane must have a problem with the expansion values failing!

Date created: 2009-07-21 Name: Craig Petrosky

"Ducane = Complete Crap"
Purchased 10 parts and labor warranty on a Ducane Heat Pump. It has been serviced with one problem or another every year. The unit is four years old. Ducane refuses to honor the warranty, but my contractor is honoring it by donating his labor and buying the parts. 3 times the fan has pulled out of the thin sheet metal and thrown itself against the coils. Luckily the fan was even crappier than the coils and bent against them. With 110 degree plus temps, Ducane needed 10 days to ship a fan motor out to replace a four year old one that failed. will never buy from them again. Do yourself a favor and avoid this dishonest and disreputable company

Date created: 2009-06-08 Name: dave philpot

"Lets take ducane to court"
Im dave a heating and ir tech. if you want to get together and find a lawyer call me 513-594-8163. my 1 an a half yr old heat pump broke twice and the ducane company gave me a new one but the same problem happened to the new one. and they,ducane, wont warranty there junk. and I was a ducane dealer for 10 yrs. what has become of american pride.?

Date created: 2009-06-02 Name: X.XX
Location: Quebec

"HYDRO CONFORT"
It's been less than one year since I purchased a $10 500. attic installed unit. Living in Quebec I need to cut the cost of oil!!! I have to agree..really check out the company you purchase from. I have had nothing but problems...severe ice damming due to poor insulation & not beening notified of opening the soffits & installing maximums. Machine shut off for 6 wks trying to resolve with contractor. Once again the machine has broken again. Contractor HYDRO CONFORT never returns calls. 2 wks later contractor shows and wiring down wrong & switch broken! REALLY IT'S ALL ABOUT THE CONTRACTOR!!!!