Consumer Reviews of DUCANE heat pumps

Read more about DUCANE heat pumps

Date created: 2011-11-07 Name: Keith
Location: St. Louis

"Warranty Issues?"
Manufactures have decided to go around the Dealers to stabilize the products price, so they create a new brand name and seek a new course of sales, in most cases more direct, via internet, or warehouse sales, or retail outlets, when a new brand name recently hit the market. I asked the manufacturer who they were going to sell it to, the remark was, "Were going the sell the sh** to everyone". Well, in the process of the new sales fart, they missed, forgot one thing, the time, effort, ongoing training and quality that comes from a seasoned Installer and the difficulties associated with maintaining a quality Dealership. Selling that sh** to anyone has become the biggest boob ever. And, Now were paying for it and deserve it!, So the most important I could tell you, whether you believe it or not, as I am sure most of you trust your service company, In most cases it's the quality of the man that came to your house and installed your new system whatever the brand, is what determines the longevity and the service issues of your new system, if you have a service problem get a second company to verify your issue and even a third. All the manufactures have pretty much the same technology, and generally produce good products, they do not want the product coming back and go thru great pains to prove it before they let it out to the consumer, so be sure to check all the players, as I said the most important is the installer.

Date created: 2011-08-20 Name: jan
Location: carlisle pa

"Junk unit!"
Always has been so noisy I can't sleep (its outside of bedroom.) multiple problems. Seems too expensive to run.

Date created: 2011-07-17 Name: Glen Smith
Location: Bennettsville, SC

"What a piece of Junk"
Model sh12b48p. Nothing but problem with the unit. Fix one problem and another problem pops up, every season brings a new problem. Spent hundreds on service calls, almost as much as the unit cost. Will never buy anything with the Ducane name on it again.

Date created: 2011-06-10 Name: Ken
Location: Frankfort Delaware

"Love my Ducanes"
Yes I would buy again. I have two units. AC 12B24 first floor with a 90Plus nat gas heater and a Hp12B24 for the second floor. running just fine for 8 years . It's all about the install!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2011-06-09 Name: music_lover
Location: Southwestern VA

"Noisy and doesn't last"
During the addition to our house, a Ducane HP10B24PA heat pump was installed specifically to heat/cool only this one-room, one-level addition. the unit has lasted less than 10 years due to, according to our service person, the failure of a 4-way valve. Both the outdoor unit and the indoor airhandler are extremely noisy interrupting conversation (indoor) and my wife's piano lessons (outdoor unit). Although like anyone we dislike having to replace something so expensive as a heat-pump but perhaps its a blessing in disguise because with research one can find a much quieter system, and much more efficient as well. I can say that between our experience and the reviews here our next unit will NOT be a Ducane!

Date created: 2011-04-22 Name: smitty
Location: Cornelius NC

"One problem after another"
I have had nothing but problems every time you fix one a month later another one happens, This is the biggest piece of junk I have ever seen

Date created: 2011-04-13 Name: J Croisant
Location: Glouster, VA

"Good Boat Anchor"
Since this unit was installed in 07 I have had 6 service calls and spent enough money to buy a good unit.It seems that every turn of the season I am throwing even more money into it. Now that spring is here guess what, I have to call and have it fixed again. Don't bother calling the service line you will just get a song and dance, empty promises and a broken heart. DO NOT BUY A DUCANE UNIT unless you like to burn money.

Date created: 2011-03-22 Name: Beth Campbell
Location: Buckingham VA

"Ducane heat pump"
Bought a home in 2006 and had a new Ducane heap pump installed. Didn't even make it a year before the first service call. Since then we have had 5 service calls, been without heat or a/c during these times. 90 degree elbow on compressor has blown twice, the second time a new elbow was used that is noticeably thicker copper. Each time this happened all the freone leaked out and had to have that replaced. Went to the BBB and the Attorney Generals office with this issue and all they keep coming back to us with is that the company is fulfilling their warranty. I have repeatedly told them and Allie Air that I am not complaining about the warranty but the actual product. I believe that this unit is a lemon and told them that when I replace it that I would be more then willing to deliver the unit to Allied Air. Then the 2 responders from there would be more then welcome to have this unit for their home! I would not reccommend a Ducane heat pump to anyone, it is a piece of JUNK!!

Date created: 2011-03-13 Name: James Blackford
Location: Martinsburg WV

"How about the satisfied customer"
You know I read all about the unsatisfied customer but no one read about the good service or how the unit has worked for them. How many unit are installed every day. How many unit are running great. I have a Coleman heatpump that has run for over 18 years and has been a good one. I bet if I was to look for Coleman heatpumps I would find a lot of unhappy camper to. I live in West Virginia and the winter's around here get cold to. Now that I'm looking to replace my unit and though that the internet would be a good place to check out review's all I see is unsatisfied customer. Yes I know their are lemons in the group, but one in ever 1000 or 3000 is not bad. So how about sum postive review's.

Date created: 2011-02-07 Name: Stephen Smith
Location: Fairmont' WV

"Owner- Hall Plumbing & Heating"
I am not so much unsatisfied with the product as I am with the warranty. A four month old heat pump should be replaced when a factory defect makes the unit inoperative. The coustomer paid for a new unit that should last 5 years or more without problems. I have no problem with replacement parts on one year or older units, but on a new unit I do. Why should I have to pay for the freight and the coustomer the labor for the company's screw-up. That says little for the quality of the product or the company.