Consumer Reviews of DUCANE heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about DUCANE heat pumps

Date created: 2012-01-22 Name: charlene
Location: Glen Mills, PA

"Bad boards - sorry I purchased this unit"
My Ducane is not even a year old and this is the third time the board as blown. Two times in the last month! Been without heat for a week. I've spent more money on repairs in the last month then I did with the previous "hunk of junk" that was 15 years old! So sorry I purchased this piece of crap!!!!!

Date created: 2012-01-17 Name: B. Howard
Location: Baltimore, MD

"Another Ducane Lemon"
I have had this ducane unit for six years and have the repairman out (besides the regular 2X a year check)at least a couple of times every season with the unit freezing up. The house being cold during the winter and now a bad valve that has leaked out the freon. I can't wait to see what else will go up. After reading the other comments I can only pray.
Date created: 2011-12-05 Name: Al Smith
Location: BC Canada

"The Ducane Heat Pump Nothing but problems"
Replaced motor and unit is far too costly to operate and noisy in short 'it's junk".
Date created: 2011-11-07 Name: Keith
Location: St. Louis

"Warranty Issues?"
Manufactures have decided to go around the Dealers to stabilize the products price, so they create a new brand name and seek a new course of sales, in most cases more direct, via internet, or warehouse sales, or retail outlets, when a new brand name recently hit the market. I asked the manufacturer who they were going to sell it to, the remark was, "Were going the sell the sh** to everyone". Well, in the process of the new sales fart, they missed, forgot one thing, the time, effort, ongoing training and quality that comes from a seasoned Installer and the difficulties associated with maintaining a quality Dealership. Selling that sh** to anyone has become the biggest boob ever. And, Now were paying for it and deserve it!, So the most important I could tell you, whether you believe it or not, as I am sure most of you trust your service company, In most cases it's the quality of the man that came to your house and installed your new system whatever the brand, is what determines the longevity and the service issues of your new system, if you have a service problem get a second company to verify your issue and even a third. All the manufactures have pretty much the same technology, and generally produce good products, they do not want the product coming back and go thru great pains to prove it before they let it out to the consumer, so be sure to check all the players, as I said the most important is the installer.
Date created: 2011-08-20 Name: jan
Location: carlisle pa

"Junk unit!"
Always has been so noisy I can't sleep (its outside of bedroom.) multiple problems. Seems too expensive to run.
Date created: 2011-07-17 Name: Glen Smith
Location: Bennettsville, SC

"What a piece of Junk"
Model sh12b48p. Nothing but problem with the unit. Fix one problem and another problem pops up, every season brings a new problem. Spent hundreds on service calls, almost as much as the unit cost. Will never buy anything with the Ducane name on it again.
Date created: 2011-06-10 Name: Ken
Location: Frankfort Delaware

"Love my Ducanes"
Yes I would buy again. I have two units. AC 12B24 first floor with a 90Plus nat gas heater and a Hp12B24 for the second floor. running just fine for 8 years . It's all about the install!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Date created: 2011-06-09 Name: music_lover
Location: Southwestern VA

"Noisy and doesn't last"
During the addition to our house, a Ducane HP10B24PA heat pump was installed specifically to heat/cool only this one-room, one-level addition. the unit has lasted less than 10 years due to, according to our service person, the failure of a 4-way valve. Both the outdoor unit and the indoor airhandler are extremely noisy interrupting conversation (indoor) and my wife's piano lessons (outdoor unit). Although like anyone we dislike having to replace something so expensive as a heat-pump but perhaps its a blessing in disguise because with research one can find a much quieter system, and much more efficient as well. I can say that between our experience and the reviews here our next unit will NOT be a Ducane!
Date created: 2011-04-22 Name: smitty
Location: Cornelius NC

"One problem after another"
I have had nothing but problems every time you fix one a month later another one happens, This is the biggest piece of junk I have ever seen
Date created: 2011-04-13 Name: J Croisant
Location: Glouster, VA

"Good Boat Anchor"
Since this unit was installed in 07 I have had 6 service calls and spent enough money to buy a good unit.It seems that every turn of the season I am throwing even more money into it. Now that spring is here guess what, I have to call and have it fixed again. Don't bother calling the service line you will just get a song and dance, empty promises and a broken heart. DO NOT BUY A DUCANE UNIT unless you like to burn money.