Consumer Reviews of DUCANE heat pumps

Read more about DUCANE heat pumps

Date created: 2012-08-07 Name: Eric
Location: Pennsylvania

"Installation"
I have been installing Ducane as well as all other brands for fifteen years. You get what you pay for. This applies to the installer as well. If the installation and sizing of the system is done correctly the unit will last for years to come. If you need to call a contractor several times a year you may want to get a second opinion.

Date created: 2012-08-06 Name: J. Darling
Location: Eastern Shore Maryland

"Good Equipment!"
Hvac contractor in Maryland. 95% of the units we install are Ducane and we rarely have an issue with them or their warranty department. Most of the bad reviews you see on this brand is from poor installs. Unfortunately I heard a stat a few weeks ago that over half of central air systems in the us are improperly sized, there goes efficiency. The people who write that a $75 part cost them $400 plus labor just need to find an honest company. All in all this is a great product and I will continue to install them until I retire.

Date created: 2012-04-25 Name: Arturo F C
Location: Kernersville NC

"Only last 2 years"
Ducane heat pump hp13 l24p-1b died after 2 years,my family are going to sufer until I get $4,000 to buy another. Sad situation.

Date created: 2012-02-13 Name: carl
Location: south carolina

"Piece of junk"
I hate my Ducane, every winter its goes out if the temp gets below 20 degrees. Piece of crap buy at your own risk after reading all these statements.

Date created: 2012-02-08 Name: GMBS
Location: Washington NC

"Don't buy a Ducane"
I also own a Ducane that is a piece of junk. I average a repair no less than twice a year. I have even had to replace the board in it. "Guess what" it is down again. Probably the compressor since I have replaced everything else in it. Do yourself a favor, do not buy one.

Date created: 2012-01-29 Name: Newt
Location: Spartanburg, SC

"Knowledge is power"
Don't listen to anyone who installs these units. They have a vested/biased opinion. These things are junk. They are installed by builders/subs for a reason, they're cheap. Ours didn't make it through the 1st winter. Average 2 calls per year for vibration, circuit board, leaks, fan, etc... Called the original installer for the first 2 years up until the point he made the statement "Wished I would have never started installing Ducane's!". Used two different HVAC tech's after that and now it's time to call another. Maybe I'll get lucky and someone will steal my own unit for scrap metal and I can replace it with a York or Train.

Date created: 2012-01-23 Name: Johnny

"Knowledge is power"
I install Ducane Products for my customers and some quick info for yall is that it's the exact same unit design as the lennox 13 seer stuff and they interchange parts so all this garbage about it being junk is just over critical brand dealers that jump on here and tell you Ducane is junk. Ask a Trane dealer what kind of compressor goes in a 13 seer Trane Heat Pump ..He will tell you copeland scroll and guess what that's what is in a Ducane. Ducane is one up on a lot of brands on their 13 seer units because they actually have a high pressure limit switch and Goodman and other brands don't. It really goes back to who installed your unit and their expertise. Good Contractor= Good install. If you pay someone to come to your house to work on your new unit 2 times a year than please hire a new contractor. It's amazing what people will tolerate...

Date created: 2012-01-22 Name: charlene
Location: Glen Mills, PA

"Bad boards - sorry I purchased this unit"
My Ducane is not even a year old and this is the third time the board as blown. Two times in the last month! Been without heat for a week. I've spent more money on repairs in the last month then I did with the previous "hunk of junk" that was 15 years old! So sorry I purchased this piece of crap!!!!!

Date created: 2012-01-17 Name: B. Howard
Location: Baltimore, MD

"Another Ducane Lemon"
I have had this ducane unit for six years and have the repairman out (besides the regular 2X a year check)at least a couple of times every season with the unit freezing up. The house being cold during the winter and now a bad valve that has leaked out the freon. I can't wait to see what else will go up. After reading the other comments I can only pray.

Date created: 2011-12-05 Name: Al Smith
Location: BC Canada

"The Ducane Heat Pump Nothing but problems"
Replaced motor and unit is far too costly to operate and noisy in short 'it's junk".