Consumer Reviews of DUCANE heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about DUCANE heat pumps

Date created: 2013-06-07 Name: Ron Towers
Location: Maryland

"HVACR Tech"
Hello. I am a licensed and trained HVACR technician with 15 years installation and service experience. I must agree with most of customers and owners. I have had almost the same problems as they have. To include: compressor failures, condenser fan motors, control boards, and let's not forget - all the damn leaks you could possibly not ask for!! I am replacing a 2.5 ton HP today 06/07/2013 that is just under 5 years old. It has or was - professionally installed, repaired and now replaced!! It had approx. 5 leaks in the outdoor coil that I located and know the engineering/manufacturing are the big problem. Poor quality. Don't buy this brand unit.

Date created: 2013-03-28 Name: Sylvia Mahon
Location: Montgomery Village,m MD

"TOTAL Buyers Remorse"
I am actually beyone Very Unsatisfied; 5 years and 4 days ago I have this piece of crap installed. Yesterday the hp failed forever - the compressor blew. I have had this junk serviced at least 5 times a year (25 times, Freon leaks, blowing the main fuse, etc).....luckily I have a hvac guy who helps me out now. Today, a brand new carrier will be installed and the total cost is $1600 less than what I paid for the junk in my yard. My neighbor has a 27 year old hp and it works better and costs less to operate than my 5 year 4 day old loud, noisy, worst piece of equipment I have ever purchased. The Carrier will be here any minute. I hate this product and the worst part is I have never been able to contact anyone from the organization over the last 5 years and at least 100 emails or comments have gone unanswered as well. Way to stand behind your products. I'll never purchase this product or anything else you may make. I don't care if it is made in america...it sucks
Date created: 2013-03-21 Name: Ray
Location: Gettysburg area

"2 bad circuit boards high electric bills"
Unit installed in 2007 I think. We had the circuit board fail the following year (outside unit) and then again just short of 2 years later. In both cases, the heat pump not producing cooling and or emergency heat kicking on for standard heating. In both cases, my electric bill went from $140.00 a month to $700.00! Also had the main blower (inside unit). I am now seeing just this winter my electric bills average $300. $400.00 per month with everything in the house either super low watt or turned off. Anyone else experience something similar with Ducane?
Date created: 2012-08-07 Name: Eric
Location: Pennsylvania

"Installation"
I have been installing Ducane as well as all other brands for fifteen years. You get what you pay for. This applies to the installer as well. If the installation and sizing of the system is done correctly the unit will last for years to come. If you need to call a contractor several times a year you may want to get a second opinion.
Date created: 2012-08-06 Name: J. Darling
Location: Eastern Shore Maryland

"Good Equipment!"
Hvac contractor in Maryland. 95% of the units we install are Ducane and we rarely have an issue with them or their warranty department. Most of the bad reviews you see on this brand is from poor installs. Unfortunately I heard a stat a few weeks ago that over half of central air systems in the us are improperly sized, there goes efficiency. The people who write that a $75 part cost them $400 plus labor just need to find an honest company. All in all this is a great product and I will continue to install them until I retire.
Date created: 2012-04-25 Name: Arturo F C
Location: Kernersville NC

"Only last 2 years"
Ducane heat pump hp13 l24p-1b died after 2 years,my family are going to sufer until I get $4,000 to buy another. Sad situation.
Date created: 2012-02-13 Name: carl
Location: south carolina

"Piece of junk"
I hate my Ducane, every winter its goes out if the temp gets below 20 degrees. Piece of crap buy at your own risk after reading all these statements.
Date created: 2012-02-08 Name: GMBS
Location: Washington NC

"Don't buy a Ducane"
I also own a Ducane that is a piece of junk. I average a repair no less than twice a year. I have even had to replace the board in it. "Guess what" it is down again. Probably the compressor since I have replaced everything else in it. Do yourself a favor, do not buy one.
Date created: 2012-01-29 Name: Newt
Location: Spartanburg, SC

"Knowledge is power"
Don't listen to anyone who installs these units. They have a vested/biased opinion. These things are junk. They are installed by builders/subs for a reason, they're cheap. Ours didn't make it through the 1st winter. Average 2 calls per year for vibration, circuit board, leaks, fan, etc... Called the original installer for the first 2 years up until the point he made the statement "Wished I would have never started installing Ducane's!". Used two different HVAC tech's after that and now it's time to call another. Maybe I'll get lucky and someone will steal my own unit for scrap metal and I can replace it with a York or Train.
Date created: 2012-01-23 Name: Johnny

"Knowledge is power"
I install Ducane Products for my customers and some quick info for yall is that it's the exact same unit design as the lennox 13 seer stuff and they interchange parts so all this garbage about it being junk is just over critical brand dealers that jump on here and tell you Ducane is junk. Ask a Trane dealer what kind of compressor goes in a 13 seer Trane Heat Pump ..He will tell you copeland scroll and guess what that's what is in a Ducane. Ducane is one up on a lot of brands on their 13 seer units because they actually have a high pressure limit switch and Goodman and other brands don't. It really goes back to who installed your unit and their expertise. Good Contractor= Good install. If you pay someone to come to your house to work on your new unit 2 times a year than please hire a new contractor. It's amazing what people will tolerate...