Consumer Reviews of DUCANE heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about DUCANE heat pumps

Date created: 2007-04-27 Name: tim
Location: louisville, ky

This unit worked perfectly... for one season. hvac guys are here twice a year to fix different part failures - mostly freon leaks in the condensor. today I was told the fan motor is failing and will need to be replaced at a cost of $240 labor - the part is warranty. I have not had any problems with warranty service but now I am attempting to have Ducane replace the condensor under warranty because it is obviously faulty. reading these reviews makes me sad.

Date created: 2007-04-23 Name: David Canale
Location: Annapolis, MD

"Avoid at All Costs"
Avoid at all costs, inferior quality components lead to many expensive service calls and headaches. Ducane does not honor its warranty (except with a lot of hassle). I have two Ducane units installed four years ago: a 4-ton unit-HP12B48 and a 2.5-ton unit-HP12B30. Along with their respective air handlers. The 4-ton unit died in less than one year and the installer had to fight with Ducane to get a new one. Then about one month ago, a $170 txv valve broke on the big unit, leaking all freon out, but the unit had a safety component preventing the unit from running without freon. $900 later it was fixed. Ducane would not honor the 5-year part warranty. Then last week the same part broke on the smaller unit, but it does not have the safety component. The unit now needs to be replaced because it ran without the freon. Ducane will not honor its warranty. It cost me $700 today to find out that I need to replace the entire unit (including air handler). Save yourself the headaches and wallet aches -- do not buy Ducane!!!
Date created: 2007-03-22 Name: L. Schizas
Location: Montreal, Quebec

From the very beginning our heat pump has not worked properly and now the company that sold it to us has gone under and we are left once again with a bloody heat pump, the second purchase that doesn't work. That totals to close to 20,000 spent on two heat pumps in less than 15 years and this is ridiculous. If anyone knows where I can contact Ducane to please try and help us out here in Canada, I would appreciate it.
Date created: 2007-01-27 Name: clint henderson
Location: MD

Have installed new 13 seer heat pump. The a/c worked great but in heat the outdoor unit locks out on high pressure. Green light flashing on cb board. The unit has no high pressure switch. Upped the transformer to 50va but still having problems.