Consumer Reviews of DUCANE heat pumps

Read more about DUCANE heat pumps

Date created: 2016-08-12 Name: Mary Moseberth
Location: Fredericksburg, VA

"Horrible"
Unit 2HP13L36P-1B was installed August of 2009, began having issues in 2012 and the unit was completely useless in early 2016. An entire HVAC system should last more than five years. I can't imagine why they produce such a poor quality product.

Date created: 2015-09-07 Name: sean
Location: Clermont, NJ

"Blower motor failure"
4 year old summer home at the Jersey shore. Newly installed, use it 2 times per month(6 days /month) for 6 months per year. The blower motor failed, I understand this is happening all over the development to units of the same vintage. I would research prior to allowing a builder to simply install this unit. $650.00 to fix this time. After reading the reviews, I'm wondering what will go next.

Date created: 2014-12-31 Name: Cheryl Colber
Location: United States

"Very unsatisfied"
Our unit was installed new in March of 2008. Each and every year we have had to call for a service issue (I.E. relay problems, coil, and now the compressor must be replaced). We were sold a lemon! I would never recommend this brand to any of my family or friends.

Date created: 2014-09-28 Name: Stan Cohen
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC

"Trouble, trouble, trouble"
Three-ton unit installed 17 months ago. Nothing but trouble. Save your money and buy something else. This is junk. The unit quit again last night. Please do not waste your money. The company should recall all of them. Please do not buy. You will be sorry.

Date created: 2014-05-01 Name: Miss G
Location: maryland

"Garbage"
Had this garbage for three years, had repair man out every year sometimes twice in the same year. Now the outside unit is beyond repair. Don't waste your money!

Date created: 2014-02-21 Name: cheetahz
Location: TN

"People are fickle"
You should not brand shop but installer shop. Installed correctly these units will last as longer if not longer then any other brand. These are made by Lennox. I worked in tv repair for years and some people swore by their name brand tv. The exact same unit with another label on it was garbage. These were identical units exact same parts made in the same plant. Before you buy another brand find a good installer who knows what he is doing. Look it up on the internet and you find nothing but negative reviews regardless of brand name. My opinion stay away from large hvac companies they will hire anybody to keep up with service. Find a highly recommend small independent businessman. He's usually 1 or 2 guys who know what they are doing been in business forever and do not have the time to keep going back to repair a unit so it is done right the first time. You'll get a better price on the best equipment at that time and they are not biased by having to sell a particular brand. They are hard to find but well worth it when you do.

Date created: 2013-06-29 Name: Kathy Teat
Location: Rome, GA.

"Don't Buy This Brand of Heat Pump!"
This Ducane heat pump has given many problems and we have had a repairman out at least every year since we installed it. We have replaced the fan, the motor, and various other things have gone bad that caused us expensive repair bills. This unit is only 7 years old and we have probably spent the cost of the unit in repairs. It is ridiculous! It is a Saturday and I have just paid the repairman for the 3rd time in 3 weeks for all kinds of different repairs. Ducane should be embarrassed to sell equipment and take people's hard earned money for something that is this poor construction! Shame on them!

Date created: 2013-06-07 Name: Ron Towers
Location: Maryland

"HVACR Tech"
Hello. I am a licensed and trained HVACR technician with 15 years installation and service experience. I must agree with most of customers and owners. I have had almost the same problems as they have. To include: compressor failures, condenser fan motors, control boards, and let's not forget - all the damn leaks you could possibly not ask for!! I am replacing a 2.5 ton HP today 06/07/2013 that is just under 5 years old. It has or was - professionally installed, repaired and now replaced!! It had approx. 5 leaks in the outdoor coil that I located and know the engineering/manufacturing are the big problem. Poor quality. Don't buy this brand unit.

Date created: 2013-03-28 Name: Sylvia Mahon
Location: Montgomery Village,m MD

"TOTAL Buyers Remorse"
I am actually beyone Very Unsatisfied; 5 years and 4 days ago I have this piece of crap installed. Yesterday the hp failed forever - the compressor blew. I have had this junk serviced at least 5 times a year (25 times, Freon leaks, blowing the main fuse, etc).....luckily I have a hvac guy who helps me out now. Today, a brand new carrier will be installed and the total cost is $1600 less than what I paid for the junk in my yard. My neighbor has a 27 year old hp and it works better and costs less to operate than my 5 year 4 day old loud, noisy, worst piece of equipment I have ever purchased. The Carrier will be here any minute. I hate this product and the worst part is I have never been able to contact anyone from the organization over the last 5 years and at least 100 emails or comments have gone unanswered as well. Way to stand behind your products. I'll never purchase this product or anything else you may make. I don't care if it is made in america...it sucks

Date created: 2013-03-21 Name: Ray
Location: Gettysburg area

"2 bad circuit boards high electric bills"
Unit installed in 2007 I think. We had the circuit board fail the following year (outside unit) and then again just short of 2 years later. In both cases, the heat pump not producing cooling and or emergency heat kicking on for standard heating. In both cases, my electric bill went from $140.00 a month to $700.00! Also had the main blower (inside unit). I am now seeing just this winter my electric bills average $300. $400.00 per month with everything in the house either super low watt or turned off. Anyone else experience something similar with Ducane?