Consumer Reviews of Daikin heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about Daikin heat pumps

Date created: 2015-12-12 Name: Nancy O'Fraley
Location: Eugene, OR

"Daikin Heat/AC & pump"
The negative aspects with this heater is that it is humid air, so you have to use the dehumidifier or you can end up with sweat on walls, bathroom toilet tank and closets. The air from the dehumidifier is ice cold so when it's needed most, it's too cold. It's in an older apartment with high ceilings and painted plywood. For heat on normal fan and direction settings, the last three feet of space from floor up doesn't heat well. Now, I have the heated air directed at the floor. Then I'm able to reduce the temperature by 4-5 degrees and the amount of clothing I needed. I don't use the fan for heat. Using the night setting - it stays warmer without fan. With these few tips it's wonderful!

Date created: 2015-12-07 Name: Sam
Location: Longview, TX

"Poor quality"
Purchased this unit on a new building. There are problems constantly with electronic boards. Coil has been repaired 2 times. Now I am told the coil needs to be replaced but it is cheaper to just buy a new unit. It's 4 years old and having to buy a whole new unit? Very poor quality.

Date created: 2015-07-26 Name: C. Donn
Location: Australia

"Daikin unreliable"
Expensive 15k unit broke down just out of warranty (fan motors and main circuit board). The repair was 3k, parts not available and had to be imported. There was a 2 week wait during a heat wave with 45 degree C plus temperatures. Just over a year later, it has gone again. Unit is not 7 years old. The unit never coped in extremes of temperature in Australia. Don't believe reliability hype. Previous unit was a Mitsubishi Electric which worked for 17 years without a glitch.

Date created: 2015-07-24 Name: K Bardin
Location: Grapevine, TX

"Rethink Daikin"
Evaporative coil rusted out within 5 years because of poor design. Think again before choosing these expensive units.

Date created: 2015-02-02 Name: K. Hogan

"Heat pump"
I'm very dissatisfied with the installer, and the service and attitude of the Daikin representative.

Date created: 2014-09-23 Name: B. wanner
Location: PA

"Daikin heat pumps"
I installed a Daikin heat pump two years ago and have nothing but good things to say about it. I went from using a #6 wire on my old unit to a #12 wire feeding my Daikin unit with no back up heat. We were down to -8 degrees this past winter and toasty warm. If the installer is not trained on install, you will have issues. Very good unit.

Date created: 2014-01-07 Name: Daikin Hater
Location: ME

"Professional Fed up with Daikin"
I have been very unhappy with Daikin. They have some real problems that they refuse to address. If you have a problem with your equipment, throw it in the trash. It can not be repaired, unless you don't mind spending more than it's worth. They have a high turnover in the complaint department and are very rude and disrespectful. The general feel I get from doing business with them is that they are shady. I will not sell one more single piece of this garbage. Any other brand is just as good.

Date created: 2013-04-11 Name: Richard McLaren
Location: [email protected]

"Daikin Altherma"
We have had the Altherma in our property for 6 and half years. As reliable as our previous Valiant gas boiler - it never caused any problems to us, even the time during 2010 Scottish winter. More efficient, saves money on energy bills. We have had a very good experience with the system. Make sure that you will get a good installer who knows exactly how to design the system.

Date created: 2012-06-27 Name: J Pate
Location: Dallas, Texas USA

"VRVS 3 & 4 ton system with 5 internal units."
Have 3 ton and 4 ton vrvs outside units. 5 internal units. In 4 years have spent over $5000 for repairs. I'm considering taking the whole system out and replacing it with a Trane or Lennox heat pump. System sound high tech, but it's not reliable in my case. I like it when it works.

Date created: 2012-02-11 Name: K.Smith
Location: UK

"Ok until it snows"
For the 3rd year running this air sourced heating system has let me down. Currently saturday in a very cold house, its -14 outside. The system does not cope well with the subzero temperatures. And I will now be without heating until the temperatures rise......not anytime soon!