Consumer Reviews of Daikin heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about Daikin heat pumps

Date created: 2019-06-30 Name: Karoline Clevinger
Location: Virginia

"Run! Awful! So Angry!"
The contractor recommended in a new build. Installed in 2016. This is the most frustrating thing! Running the remote control is like running the remote to get into fort Knox! It's ridiculous! We've had to have the installers out more than once to train and retrain on the complexities of the remote control. We have a split unit. This is a lake home. We came up for the holiday week. Our great room unit is not working....blinking green light. The textbook manual says blinking green light, call for service. Service came out (weekend) but he didn't know how to work on the unit! Only a couple guys are trained on these units! I watched a YouTube video to learn how to read the troubleshooting codes. The code basically says the mother needs replaced. Now my husband is on the phone with one of the guys who is trained on the units. He is learning that there is water collecting in the bottom of the unit... Blah blah blah..,. So many issues ....water needs to be drained.

Date created: 2019-06-25 Name: E, Vaio
Location: Duncan, BC Canada

"Poor quality"
2nd repair in 1st year. 1st the main board then the pump itself. Waste of money, I don't have.
Date created: 2019-05-03 Name: C. Raulerson
Location: Florida

" Impressed with DAIKIN quality and pricing"
We decided to go with Daikin equipment in our new build. We have been very impressed with the pricing compared to the competitors and the quality has been great. We have definitely noticed a huge drop in our electric bill and the house can be set at a higher temperature and still feel very comfortable. Overall we are very satisfied! We would definitely, recommend a Daikin System to our friends and family.
Date created: 2018-01-29 Name: Bruce Jenkins
Location: Toronto, Ontario Canada

"Someone please help"
I purchased the daikin, dz18tc-036, 3.0 ton two stage heat pump 18 seer six months ago as well as the daikin, (propane) dm96vc-080, 80,000 btu, 2-stage, variable speed dc motor. The heat pump will only heat the house to 68 degrees when the the out side temp drops to 30 degrees. The furnace has to be turned to emergency heat when the out side temperature reaches -4. The installation company can not figure out why my system dose not work. Can you please help. The top floor of the house is 1,000 sf and the main floor is 2,500 sf and the basement is 2,500 sf. The heat pump is on the North side of the house ( the back of the house).
Date created: 2017-08-24 Name: C Lowe
Location: Plant City, FL

"Hate it"
This brand new unit cost me $7400. I had ordered an a/c from Acree Air but they didn't have one to put in the next day so they brought in this "upgrade." It cools the house and you are cool as long as the unit is running. Supposed to take the humidity out of the air. It's 71 degrees in the house and you are sweating if its not running! Wish I could go back and get what I had originally ordered. An ac not an heat pump.
Date created: 2017-07-29 Name: M Pearson
Location: Alexandria, VA

"Not suitable for commercial facilities"
System installed in skilled nursing facility Small House. This is supposed to be a new innovation for skilled nursing care. Unit has been problematic for six weeks. First sounded like a jet engine. Dampers installed. Can only modify temperate on small range of 3 degrees. System was running test for 6 hours although the central computer showed it was cycling. Two pipe system. Lousy and waste of money but you own a commercial or large residential facility run. On Northern Virginia heat pumps have long been a disaster in this region.
Date created: 2017-07-13 Name: Mariano
Location: Massachusetts

"DO NOT BUY!"
Disgraceful and horrible performance. No where near as efficient as advertised. Problems every year with unit and controllers now capped off in year 3 with multiple internal unit failures, including high vibrating compressor and resulting pipe and valve cracks. Absolute junk. 3 years of part time use. Manufactured on September 2011. Guess that says it all. Find another manufacturer and do not even consider this company.
Date created: 2017-03-22 Name: Bob
Location: Houston, TX

"More Than Happy"
We replaced our old noisy Trane. We did not get a new Trane as the one we put at the ranch was poorly manufactured and Trane blamed it on the installers. The installers did not weld on the evaporator and put buckshot on it. Brand new unit. Leaked. Trane does not stand by their warranty. We instead settled on a Daiken. We have been very pleased with it. You never know when it is running as it is so quiet. I can even change settings using my phone. The whole home stays comfortable now with no cold areas. I highly recommend Daikin. They own Goodman and Amana.
Date created: 2017-01-19 Name: L. Can
Location: Winter Park, FL

"Run fast away from this brand!!!"
Nothing but problems...
Date created: 2017-01-18 Name: d madge
Location: Somerset, England [UK]

"What a load of crap"
We had the system installed by our housing group [Yarlington]. During the first year Daikin was here every week so-called "sorting it out" [big no no]. It was then summer so heat not required. Since then the housing group have been out almost every month so-called "sorting it out" and resetting it. Every guy that turns up has their own ideas as to how to set it up. They even contradict one another over how to set it up every time they fail. My thoughts are the group that had it installed are getting a back hander from the government under the EU energy council.