Consumer Reviews of Comfortmaker heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about Comfortmaker heat pumps

Date created: 2010-12-03 Name: R. Backman
Location: Lexington, SC

"20 years and still working great"
Just getting ready to replace my Comfortmaker HVAC after 20 year of trouble free service. Only replacing because of the Gov. rebate and the fear that I'm on borrowed time and the desire for more efficiency. My HVAC guy is installing a Tempstar. I hope its at least half as good as the one I'm replacing.

Date created: 2010-11-19 Name: Lori G.
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC

"Good Product in my book"
We bought our house in 1985 and it came equipped with a Comfort Maker Heatpump. The builder suggested a yearly check up to keep it running by someone that was good at his work. We did just as he suggested and had a local man check it. He was very diligent and got after a few initial leaks but then it worked fine. He finally left the business and we got another good mechanic to check on it yearly after that. Here it is 2010 and we are still using the same Comfort Maker and it's working great cooling in the summer and heating in the winter. If it breaks tomorrow it will have done a great job. It's 25 years old!!!!

Date created: 2010-08-20 Name: J Goodwin
Location: Ponte Vedra Beach, FL.

"Poor Product"
Purchased the unit in April, 2010, have had nothing but problems !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Compressor will just QUIT, and the only way to get it back on is to turn unit off for 20 minutes. Service people have been here 5 times in 5 months, can NOT find out what is wrong, and this is a brand new unit, we may sue dealer who sold us the unit to get him to replace it. Never purchase a Comfortmaker Heat Pump. Poor, Poor quality.

Date created: 2010-06-19 Name: C. T.

"Interesting"
Interesting how one person says their Comfortmaker is better than their neighbors, Arcoaire (it is the same equipment). This stuff is made by ICP who makes Carrier (the air handlers are all the same and the condensers are likewise. I have installed them for years and they are less problematic than Amana. Everything is junk these days. Chinese parts kill me. Comfortmaker has the same problem everyone has---bad coil design. No manufacturer has a good indoor coil design. They all fail way too often especially in the southern humid states. I currently think Comfortmaker is a great value, compared to everything else.

Date created: 2010-05-15 Name: Mike Connor

"They mostly work."
I'm giving it a neutral because it worked without fault for three years(until yesterday) but build quality and electrical design is a bit of joke compared to the bigger names that I've owned on previous houses. The Carriers, Yorks, RUUD's, etc. I've been around usually go about 20 years before they act up (fan motor wears out). My Comfortmaker PHF3 package unit decided to stop working yesterday and I traced it to the Low Pressure Switch wires shorted to ground. Judging from the [email protected] wiring harness, inconsistent color scheme, and poor schematic, I'm not surprised. On the bright side, they use an easily obtainable 5 Amp automotive type fuse. As the Comfortmaker rep stated, people choose HVAC systems on price, and my home builder chose to go cheap. Funny how they seem to be made in Lewisburg, TN but only TN dealer seems to be in Memphis... that probably says something. The fact that they don't have an easily findable address, phone number, etc., probably says something too. Explain that stuff away, C'maker rep....

Date created: 2010-03-04 Name: A. Barineau

"General manager of HVAC company"
To respond to the unsatisfied customers with Comfortmaker systems or any other brand. The most important day of your system is the day it is installed. If the system was installed properly, I.E.: duct sizing supply and return, system sizing for the load, copper tubing sizing, high voltage wire sizing, general installation, etc. the list goes on, then 80% of all problems are normally found to be from the installation of the system and human error. Most HVAC shoppers tend to purchase systems based on price not quality, comfort level nor peace of mind, I.E.: professional installation, sized correctly, extended warranties, etc. So you tend to get less experienced companies/techs doing the install. Also, did you get the basic system "builders model" or the brands top of the line model? Last but not least, the service after the install should be prompt and thorough, if not that reflects on the techs, management and company doing the repairs. Warranty repairs are from 8-5 Monday-Friday. Parts or normally in stock, if not they will be shipped in; however most clients do not want to pay overtime rates for after hours calls nor do they want to pay for next day shipping, so there can be a delay to start and completion of repairs. And yes every now then we do see a system with problems beyond what is normal. The install company and the manufacturer should stand behind their product and do what is needed to resolve the problem. If I can be of any further help, please email me at [email protected]

Date created: 2010-01-21 Name: Bob S

"Many repairs"
I have a 14 seer heat pump unit. The repair person has been on-site 40 times since it was installed 4 years ago. He has replaced everything on the unit except the covers and fan. Thank goodness that it is still under warranty. Multiple contacts to Comfortmaker have been ignored. I wanted them to replace this unit with a more reliable unit even if it meant a lower seer rating. I think they are waiting for the 5 year warranty to expire this year.

Date created: 2010-01-10 Name: Clifton Forge

"Home owner"
Cooling ok. Heating constant malfunctions in heat cycle.

Date created: 2009-12-10 Name: G P G

"C4H524GKA heat pump"
Started with a few minor problems but these were resolved and the system seems to be working great. The initial problems were related to the mounting of the compressor. Rubber mounts were compressed so that the system was loud - once new moounts were installed the system is very quiet.

Date created: 2009-12-08 Name: P. Hansen

"Hansen"
Blower keeps burning out and the compressor on the heat pump has been replaced 2 times in 2 years and now needs it again. Can't get any help.