Consumer Reviews of Comfortmaker heat pumps

Read more about Comfortmaker heat pumps

Date created: 2010-03-04 Name: A. Barineau

"General manager of HVAC company"
To respond to the unsatisfied customers with Comfortmaker systems or any other brand. The most important day of your system is the day it is installed. If the system was installed properly, I.E.: duct sizing supply and return, system sizing for the load, copper tubing sizing, high voltage wire sizing, general installation, etc. the list goes on, then 80% of all problems are normally found to be from the installation of the system and human error. Most HVAC shoppers tend to purchase systems based on price not quality, comfort level nor peace of mind, I.E.: professional installation, sized correctly, extended warranties, etc. So you tend to get less experienced companies/techs doing the install. Also, did you get the basic system "builders model" or the brands top of the line model? Last but not least, the service after the install should be prompt and thorough, if not that reflects on the techs, management and company doing the repairs. Warranty repairs are from 8-5 Monday-Friday. Parts or normally in stock, if not they will be shipped in; however most clients do not want to pay overtime rates for after hours calls nor do they want to pay for next day shipping, so there can be a delay to start and completion of repairs. And yes every now then we do see a system with problems beyond what is normal. The install company and the manufacturer should stand behind their product and do what is needed to resolve the problem. If I can be of any further help, please email me at Abarineau@aol.com

Date created: 2010-01-21 Name: Bob S

"Many repairs"
I have a 14 seer heat pump unit. The repair person has been on-site 40 times since it was installed 4 years ago. He has replaced everything on the unit except the covers and fan. Thank goodness that it is still under warranty. Multiple contacts to Comfortmaker have been ignored. I wanted them to replace this unit with a more reliable unit even if it meant a lower seer rating. I think they are waiting for the 5 year warranty to expire this year.

Date created: 2010-01-10 Name: Clifton Forge

"Home owner"
Cooling ok. Heating constant malfunctions in heat cycle.

Date created: 2009-12-10 Name: G P G

"C4H524GKA heat pump"
Started with a few minor problems but these were resolved and the system seems to be working great. The initial problems were related to the mounting of the compressor. Rubber mounts were compressed so that the system was loud - once new moounts were installed the system is very quiet.

Date created: 2009-12-08 Name: P. Hansen

"Hansen"
Blower keeps burning out and the compressor on the heat pump has been replaced 2 times in 2 years and now needs it again. Can't get any help.

Date created: 2009-09-25 Name: M Lindler

"P O S"
I own two comfortmaker "10" models. I bought my house in 2006 and the units were installed in late 2002. Both units have have many problems and I am being forced to replace both units! Beware of comfortmaker! I'm switching to trane (10yr warranty!)

Date created: 2009-07-29 Name: Mike

"Comfortmaker sucks"
I had a Comfortmaker 4 ton split system,i have owned my house sice 2006 but the unit was from 1998.10 seer and the air handler witch was under the house,the blower motor konked out on us,so we now have a 4 ton Goodman packaged unit.

Date created: 2008-06-09 Name: John R.
Location: Franklin, TN

"Great System"
I'm not sure about the 15 years, but we've had this Comfortmaker heat pump system a long time. When we bought it, 12 seer was top of the line. No problems, just routine maintenance. It's still heating and cooling our home just fine.