Consumer Reviews of Comfortmaker heat pumps

Read more about Comfortmaker heat pumps

Date created: 2013-07-09 Name: J M
Location: Olando area

"Trane Wrecked Wallet. Comfortmaker Keeps Me Cold"
Had a 7 year old Trane until the coil started leaking R-22 and the warranty was only 5 years. Had many contractors try to sell me $8-$10,000 units Trane, Carrier, Lennox, Infinity. Come on people, I understand the need for a profit but $$$$ Comfortmaker cost me $4890 new everything 15 seer. Saving at least $60 a month and 10 year warranty. In 10 years I can replace it new again for that price.

Date created: 2012-09-03 Name: D.MILLER
Location: SPACE COAST FLA

"Air handler & Outside Unit"
Do not buy this system from this company. In 2010 we moved to Florida the existing unit failed. We called a/c Company to replace old unit, they assured me Comfortmaker was okay, I regret not checking on systems reputation as the result I have replaced the evaporator coil twice, txv valve once, blower motor once and its only been two years this company can not keep selling this junk and the no name a/c company that installed it won't work on them so what do you get for the money hot house & less comfort..... do not buy this system from this company.

Date created: 2012-06-07 Name: T. Cline
Location: Central, Ohio

"P O S"
Installed new comfortmaker 7 mos. ago along with new a coil. Ran fine til now, compressor burnt up. Dead short on all three leads. This unit replaced a Payne unit that was installed in my home when I built in 05. The Payne compressor also burnt up after 7 yrs. due to plugged acoil, that has a recall and class act lawsuit on them. Payne and C,maker are owned by Carrier. So my opinion of their products is they are junk, stay away and do not buy. But if you like headaches and wasting money, go ahead. My money will be spent on Trane next time, I know several people who have them and have had no problem.

Date created: 2012-05-21 Name: M. Nielson
Location: Santa Rosa Beach, FL

"Big Rip-off/Comfortmaker"
Built a new home in 2006. 4 Comfortmaker systems installed in 8/2006. Moved in 1/1/2007. Nothing but problems with Comfortmaker. The coils no good, leaking rust down drain pipe/have had parts fail. costs hundreds in labor expenses. Told, they know about thes3 models/no recalls done, just letting the consumer suck it up. Do not buy Comfortmaker... especially if you live in the south. And I am meticulous about changing filters and keeping drain line flushed! Cheap junk! But cost me thousands and thousands for 4 units...& all units showing same problems as main unit..just used less and taking longer to go belly up!

Date created: 2012-03-28 Name: Jim
Location: Gladewater, TX

"15 months and failure ..."
I did much research before putting this 5 ton heat pump in. I saw such horrible reviews online for even the best brands. So then I looked up hvac contractors on the bbb site and all had glowing reports. So I assumed that a good install makes a huge difference. Well unfortunately the expansion valve went bad after only 15 months. So what if the part is covered? I now will owe $250 for the labor and that well sucks up any savings I built in efficiency. I paid almost $6000 for this system. Very unsatisfied.

Date created: 2011-12-09 Name: B. Willson
Location: Richmond, VA

"It's all about the installation"
Four years ago we had two Comfortmaker heat pumps installed as part of a complete re-do of our hvac system. We have 14 and 17 seer units. It took a while for the hvac company -- James River Air in Richmond, va -- to get the system balanced right, but once they did, the system has been nearly flawless. We have a service contract that includes inspections twice every year and covers repairs. The units have ten year warranties. a couple of times we've had an electrical part fail, and they were quickly replaced. I agree with the comment above that it's all about the installation. Most heat pumps are pretty similar in design, but getting the system installed correctly and balanced well is the difference from one house to another. If you're having hvac work done, make sure you use an established and well-regarded company that services what it sells.

Date created: 2011-05-30 Name: J. Frank
Location: Potales, NM

"Unreliable/Poor Quality"
I bought a home with a ComfortMaker Heat Pump installed (1 year old). I had the coil leak that same year (wasn't covered under warranty). Local tech soldered the leak and I got away withour unit replacement/few hundered R-22 recharge fee. About a year and half later (unit now about 4.5 yrs old), the coil springs a leak in a different portion. What a piece of junk!

Date created: 2011-05-29 Name: D. Babcock
Location: Fort Worth, Texas

"Money pit, replaced after 4 years"
This 2.5 ton unit was installed in november 2006 in a newly built home. It has gone through 3 coils and needs a fourth. The warranty people are difficult to work with. I have had to have service professionals out on it each summer and winter since I've had it at extreme costs. After 4 years of irritations with this piece of crap, I'm now spending $$$$$ to have it replaced. I'll never consider Comfortmaker again!!

Date created: 2011-01-01 Name: jimmy burkett
Location: vanceboro, north carolina

"Great unit but noisey unit"
This unit is a mod#PHT336K00A1, it is a great unit and very efficient / elec-cost low. But from the beginning it has a loud vibration rumble starting up. Contacted cert. co. that installed it and he said that is because of the type of motor and pump it was. I don,t like it because it is getting louder as mths pass. Does comfortmaker make a replacment part that could eliminate this noise or is there another alternative. Approx- 2yrs old. HELP

Date created: 2010-12-21 Name: Barbara Cenatiempo
Location: dorsey

"Home"
Could please ex plain how a heat pump works. Seems to run all the time.