Consumer Reviews of Comfortmaker heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about Comfortmaker heat pumps

Date created: 2017-05-20 Name: W Juraschek
Location: South Georgia

"Disatisfied Customer"
Since 2009 new house with two new units. 1st covers large bonus room & bath upstairs unit about 600'sq. Replaced evaporator coil after 3.5 years. Generally keep this unit at 80. It runs regularly in summer due to proximity to roof heat. Okay, warranted but still had to pay labor etc... Now for the ride...main unit two evaporator coils and a capacitor on the Condensing unit. Capacitor was late last summer, okay. But two coils going bad in less than 6 years, now third one is leaking, meaning another replacement in less than 8 years and this one is out of warranty. Simply not satisfactory. Now, my installer put in original and has maintained and been very good about coming and "repairing" with 20 years experience in business. But< giving me a shrug that is how it is these days? Hmm, I have begun to look around for another qualified installer #1 and will get an updated measurement of what is really needed. I think the original 4 ton is over capacity for about 1650-1700 sq feet downstairs. However, several factors need to be considered in that area. Close off about a third of space two rooms that are hardly used, vent registers are left open but air flow is 'restricted' and ceilings in part of house are raised cubic feet west side of house gets blasted by south ga summer sunshine... So many factors I did not understand or care to until it began to reach deep into my pockets... Pricing on new units has a lot to do with seer, Tonnage, and condensor type I.E. a two stage or single... Those are the main cost considerations between units. The biggest factor I have found in all my research is your installer's "true" qualifications. This is where consumers need to be most aware. Bottom line still in research mode unit has charge that could go out anytime. But, in my case issues may not have been all about the equipment...since most all "guts" are produced by two or three manufacturing companies but with corporate names added like Trane, Carrier, Rudd etc. There are always lemons produced, typically at or near end or beginning of new runs in production but most equipment is fairly similar.

Date created: 2017-04-17 Name: Larry Jeffries
Location: Palmetto, FL

"Unhappy"
I bought this unit about 6 years ago I have had 4 blower motors replaced I like every thing else but this is not what I paid for if they could fix this issue it would be a good unit however the company I bought it from has done a outstanding job of keeping it running hopefully you correct this problem.

Date created: 2017-03-20 Name: VERN ACKERMAN
Location: Texas

"JUNK"
Had this thing for two years, never worked very unsatisfied. Nothing but a money pit.

Date created: 2017-03-20 Name: Robert Van karsen
Location: Galion, OH

"Crap"
Installed August 5, 2013. Repair, heat pump installed August 5, 2013, January 26, 2015, February 13, 2015, February 19, 2015 and March 20, 2017 a repair on comfort maker air handler installed. September 23, 2013....nothing but problems junk, plus high electric usage.

Date created: 2017-03-03 Name: C H
Location: Nashville, TN

"Time to Replace ( 30 years )"
So we just had to replace our Comfortmaker heat pump, which is sad, but they no longer make parts for it and the ac compressor wasn't working well anymore. The heat function still worked though so we limped through winter, we got a good 30 years of dependable performance from it, but I guess that's pretty good looking at the Life expectancy based on the new models it should have died 18 years ago. We did have it cleaned and tuned up every year. It was manufactured and installed in 1986

Date created: 2016-03-27 Name: Jamey Disponett
Location: Lawrenceburg, KY

"Very efficient, dependable, has not failed in the 3 years I've had it. I would recommend it to everyone."
Best unit I've ever had. No trouble in 3 years since it was installed.

Date created: 2015-10-11 Name: Katie
Location: Lexington, KY

"The best outdoor unit I've ever had"
I've lived in various regions and have had many heating and air units but after installing the Comfortmaker outdoor heat pump I'll never go back to other brands. They look nice and do a great job! Haven't had any issues in over a year. Great piece of equipment.

Date created: 2015-09-14 Name: Tommy Baskett
Location: Sebree, KY

"One unsatisfied customer"
Never would I consider buying a Comfortmaker heat pump. I have gone through 4 blower motors in less than 7 years. Now come on, you know this is not right. 1600 dollars in less than 7 years on the same thing.

Date created: 2014-06-02 Name: Sunseeker
Location: New Mexico

"Nothing but problems"
We have had this unit for over 6 years and have had nothing but trouble from day one. Leaks, solenoids burnt up, condenser failed (just shy of warranty - so luckily got this on warranty). But now coil has failed and it is past the warranty time. If you can believe it, the coil is over $4500. Ridiculous price. And cannot find a picture of it anywhere to see if I can get one made cheaper. When I called the company, they said they don't share the dimensions or drawings. No kidding - if you can charge this price. I can buy a whole unit from Goodman for $1300. So right now we are living with the leaking coil and getting it topped up every 3 months.

Date created: 2013-11-22 Name: Jon
Location: central fl

"Saves Me $ Every Month"
Bought the 15 seer model 3-ton and they replaced the copper lines, etc. Bill has dropped $30 a month since 4/12. Protect yourself, make sure your contractor pulls a permit. Don't get snowballed.