Consumer Reviews of Comfortmaker heat pumps

Read more about Comfortmaker heat pumps

Date created: 2016-03-27 Name: Jamey Disponett
Location: Lawrenceburg, KY

"Very efficient, dependable, has not failed in the 3 years I've had it. I would recommend it to everyone."
Best unit I've ever had. No trouble in 3 years since it was installed.

Date created: 2015-10-11 Name: Katie
Location: Lexington, KY

"The best outdoor unit I've ever had"
I've lived in various regions and have had many heating and air units but after installing the Comfortmaker outdoor heat pump I'll never go back to other brands. They look nice and do a great job! Haven't had any issues in over a year. Great piece of equipment.

Date created: 2015-09-14 Name: Tommy Baskett
Location: Sebree, KY

"One unsatisfied customer"
Never would I consider buying a Comfortmaker heat pump. I have gone through 4 blower motors in less than 7 years. Now come on, you know this is not right. 1600 dollars in less than 7 years on the same thing.

Date created: 2014-06-02 Name: Sunseeker
Location: New Mexico

"Nothing but problems"
We have had this unit for over 6 years and have had nothing but trouble from day one. Leaks, solenoids burnt up, condenser failed (just shy of warranty - so luckily got this on warranty). But now coil has failed and it is past the warranty time. If you can believe it, the coil is over $4500. Ridiculous price. And cannot find a picture of it anywhere to see if I can get one made cheaper. When I called the company, they said they don't share the dimensions or drawings. No kidding - if you can charge this price. I can buy a whole unit from Goodman for $1300. So right now we are living with the leaking coil and getting it topped up every 3 months.

Date created: 2013-11-22 Name: Jon
Location: central fl

"Saves Me $ Every Month"
Bought the 15 seer model 3-ton and they replaced the copper lines, etc. Bill has dropped $30 a month since 4/12. Protect yourself, make sure your contractor pulls a permit. Don't get snowballed.

Date created: 2013-07-09 Name: J M
Location: Olando area

"Trane Wrecked Wallet. Comfortmaker Keeps Me Cold"
Had a 7 year old Trane until the coil started leaking R-22 and the warranty was only 5 years. Had many contractors try to sell me $8-$10,000 units Trane, Carrier, Lennox, Infinity. Come on people, I understand the need for a profit but $$$$ Comfortmaker cost me $4890 new everything 15 seer. Saving at least $60 a month and 10 year warranty. In 10 years I can replace it new again for that price.

Date created: 2012-09-03 Name: D.MILLER
Location: SPACE COAST FLA

"Air handler & Outside Unit"
Do not buy this system from this company. In 2010 we moved to Florida the existing unit failed. We called a/c Company to replace old unit, they assured me Comfortmaker was okay, I regret not checking on systems reputation as the result I have replaced the evaporator coil twice, txv valve once, blower motor once and its only been two years this company can not keep selling this junk and the no name a/c company that installed it won't work on them so what do you get for the money hot house & less comfort..... do not buy this system from this company.

Date created: 2012-06-07 Name: T. Cline
Location: Central, Ohio

"P O S"
Installed new comfortmaker 7 mos. ago along with new a coil. Ran fine til now, compressor burnt up. Dead short on all three leads. This unit replaced a Payne unit that was installed in my home when I built in 05. The Payne compressor also burnt up after 7 yrs. due to plugged acoil, that has a recall and class act lawsuit on them. Payne and C,maker are owned by Carrier. So my opinion of their products is they are junk, stay away and do not buy. But if you like headaches and wasting money, go ahead. My money will be spent on Trane next time, I know several people who have them and have had no problem.

Date created: 2012-05-21 Name: M. Nielson
Location: Santa Rosa Beach, FL

"Big Rip-off/Comfortmaker"
Built a new home in 2006. 4 Comfortmaker systems installed in 8/2006. Moved in 1/1/2007. Nothing but problems with Comfortmaker. The coils no good, leaking rust down drain pipe/have had parts fail. costs hundreds in labor expenses. Told, they know about thes3 models/no recalls done, just letting the consumer suck it up. Do not buy Comfortmaker... especially if you live in the south. And I am meticulous about changing filters and keeping drain line flushed! Cheap junk! But cost me thousands and thousands for 4 units...& all units showing same problems as main unit..just used less and taking longer to go belly up!

Date created: 2012-03-28 Name: Jim
Location: Gladewater, TX

"15 months and failure ..."
I did much research before putting this 5 ton heat pump in. I saw such horrible reviews online for even the best brands. So then I looked up hvac contractors on the bbb site and all had glowing reports. So I assumed that a good install makes a huge difference. Well unfortunately the expansion valve went bad after only 15 months. So what if the part is covered? I now will owe $250 for the labor and that well sucks up any savings I built in efficiency. I paid almost $6000 for this system. Very unsatisfied.