Consumer Reviews of COMFORT-AIRE heat pumps

Read more about COMFORT-AIRE heat pumps

Date created: 2016-08-22 Name: T. McDonald
Location: Grand Rapids, MI

"Cowards that hide behind voicemail box!"
Blower motor that was noisy from day 1 failed after 2 1/4 years. "No you don't have a 5 year warranty. Only 18 months." Replaced it for $1,100 and 4 months later, problems again. Turns out the controller board has had at least 3 "upgrades" to solve problems with ECM motor controls. Now I have to replace the controller board (that they needed 3 tries to get right) for $500 plus installation and original service call. So after about $2,000 dollars, I hope they have fixed their design and manufacturing problems. Factory wont return calls (Voicemail). They are chickensh#t. Won't stand behind their products. How many thousands of dollars have consumers spent to fix their problems? Must be staggering.

Date created: 2016-02-05 Name: john pedroni
Location: Lorraine, Quebec, Canada

"Heat pump, model BHV18SBM"
Died after 3 years. Needs an IPM board, plus a new electro valve. Awaiting answer of the manufacturer.

Date created: 2015-11-16 Location: Scranton, PA

"High Quality at Great Price"
My Comfort-Aire 13 SEER 1.5 Ton scroll heat pump is the best pump that I have ever owned. I recently inherited a home (unfortunately not in the best condition) from a relative who passed away. I knew I would need to put some money into the project and I was OK with this. I also knew I would need to buy a bunch of equipment so I was actively looking at cost friendly and high quality products. After finding this Comfort-Aire I was impressed. The reviews were accurate and the equipment was wonderful. There is no getting around the high performance of this piece. I write this as a really satisfied customer and would like to recommend this brand and model to others. I went from being someone who was wary of the product at first to someone who is now a very satisfied customer and would recommend this unit to others looking for quality at a low price!

Date created: 2014-08-11 Name: R J Hancock
Location: myrtle beach sc

"My mini-split"
Dual head unit has run great for two years. Installer did a great job. Average summer temperature in SC is 90 degrees. It keeps up great.