Consumer Reviews of Coleman heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about Coleman heat pumps

Date created: 2008-06-15 Name: Gary Walchshauser
Location: Knoxville, TN

"This is a contractor special"
Trouble from day one! Electronic problems would lock out compressor. Had a wrong orifice in it that caused heating problems when new. Leaked freon. Backup heaters burned up on coldest day of year..........

Date created: 2007-07-25 Name: Jared
Location: Sioux Falls, SD

I replaced a old Sears Kenmoore A/C that was designed in 1982 with the new Echelon 3S heat pump with a GM9S 92% EFF gas furnace, the gas furnace handler works better then the old unit even has a high EFF motor performace factor, however my doubts on the Heat pump make me feel short handed, granted the old unit struggled at 95 degree days with high humidity outside, 80 inside 42% humidity, I had reasonable hopes this unit would deliver 72 degrees no problem, not exactly, the pump held strongest at 75 degrees 50% humidity with reasonable cycling, where the old unit never got this low it ran all the time sometimes 10 hours before cycling on hot days, however the humidity was low but temp was high inside. Fan design on the consenser is weak, the blade flattened as rpm increased, I positioned the fan just right in the cowl shroud and bent all blade cups up some while keeping the tips level so the blades flattened yet but to the original fan blade design while motor was not on, this helped achieved design CFM, also followed the installation manual and dropped indoor CFM to 375 per ton coil, tech had it set at 1600cfm on a 900 CFM max duct work. Also when installing a new pump always clean the fins on the condenser, techs forget, the factory has a tendancy to leave oils on the coil. My unit was dirty in weeks. Overall the system is good and better then what I had. Not satisfied but not upset either.

Date created: 2007-03-14 Name: Carl Stevens
Location: Orlando, FL

I asked our air conditioner man to recommend a replacement for our Carrier which had gone bad. He said Coleman. Both he and I came to regret that decision. I've seen him every six months for the past three years. We replaced the compressor under warrente and that included a three-week delay as we fought with the manufacture over replacing the part! Now, nobody in our area sells Coleman and I can only surmise that is because their product is junk. Stay away from these guys. They should stick to making sleeping bags.