Consumer Reviews of Coleman heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about Coleman heat pumps

Date created: 2009-07-15 Name: Jenny Hershman

"Reduced energy usage by 59%"
I have had my old Coleman heating and air system for over 23 years. During that time we never had a breakdown and only one component part needed to be replaced during the life of the system. We decided to install a new Coleman system in May 2008 and I have to say "It Is Terrific!!". Our new gas furnace and heat pump is much quieter than all my neighbor's units and most important the new system has cut our energy usage by 59% !! I was amazed at the savings and I also have to compliment our dealer Vaughn Mechanical as they also did a wonderful job. As a retired engineer, I would have never believed that our new system would have achieved the energy savings that we are enjoying. It was so good two of my neighbors have installed new systems and are very happy.

Date created: 2009-06-23 Name: John Parks
Location: New Mexico

"Bad Mouse"
I have 3 gas furnace/Heat Pumps that have been working for 12 years. Aside from one unit that had a bad blower motor,(mouse in the blower), they have operated quite well. Their initial cost was quite good so I feel that I have more than received my money's worth especially in this high desert area of New Mexico. The summers are hot and the winters are cold. I feel buying these units was a good decision.
Date created: 2009-06-02 Name: L. Warran
Location: Olympia

"The only one for the city"
I live in the city of Olympia, the city has very tight limits on noise. I looked at several brands and only the 18 seer Coleman is quiet enough for the city limits in my small yard. I just wanted a basic heat pump, but because the of my small back yard I had to have the quietest unit and now I am glad I spent the extra money.
Date created: 2009-05-29 Name: james estes

"Junk!"
In 15 yrs I have had three outdoor units replaced!due to compressor and other peculiar things!have had to replace indoor unit once!now compressor died on a 5yr 8 month unit with 5 yr compressor warranty!would not recommend anyone to use this unit!compressor is 2/3 the price of the entire unit!
Date created: 2009-05-28 Name: J. Anderson

"Gramma Likes it"
I have a Coleman Heat Pump installed 17 years ago, and I have had no problems with it. I just have it checked once a year and it runs great. I was told to start planning on buying a new one because of the age of the unit, but it runs to good to replace it yet.
Date created: 2009-05-20 Name: R. Aiello

"The most important day in the life of a heat pump"
After 16 years the original heat pump in our home quit. After reading as much as I could about different brands we settled on a Coleman 18 seer unit. It was installed by a very professional local company. It is very quiet and seems to cool the house much better than our old unit of the same tonnage. The warranty is 10 years parts and labor and lifetime on the compressor.After all I have read I believe it is a good choice to purchase a product where company funds go into the product instead of advertising. If you are a do it yourselfer avoid the systems online that advertise a 18 seer system, but come with a 16 seer compressor and a variable speed air handler. Make sure you get the 18 seer compressor unit.
Date created: 2009-05-20 Name: Sam. C

"Happy for 6 years"
I have had a Coleman heat pump for over 6 years and I love how quiet it is. The problem is that next door, their heat pump is so loud that it drowns out mine, and it is over 30 ft away
Date created: 2009-05-16 Name: C. Anderson

"Hot air"
I had a Trane heat pump in my old house for the last 6 years, it worked ok but it was always cold. My new Coleman has much hotter air then my trane.
Date created: 2009-05-16 Name: Larry. M

"Quiet!!!!"
I bought a Coleman 18 seer heat pump last year and it is quiet. I cant hear my heat pump at 10 ft away.
Date created: 2009-02-19 Name: D. O'Mara
Location: Annapolis, MD

"Coleman/Evcon"
I had two Coleman Heat pumps installed in 1995, as part of a remodeling w/addition. The larger unit is a 14 seer, scroll compressor type. Both units have operated fine, with minimal service calls. What I didn't know then was how important the existing ductwork can be, since we were replacing an electric furnace with the 14 seer unit. It's noisy, since heat pumps need to move a lot of volume. Couldn't do much about that, however, since it would involve tearing open walls and ceilings to upgrade ducts.