Consumer Reviews of Coleman heat pumps

Read more about Coleman heat pumps

Date created: 2010-03-17 Name: D. Roland

"Coleman Heat Pumps are junk"
I had this unit installed to replace a gas furnace with A/C. I've had nothing but trouble with it. The outside unit quit the first winter. After a whole lot of hassle, Coleman replaced it. I had to pay labor and freon cost. Now a year later, I have the same thing. Coleman is not responding. I'm going have to replace this thing on my own. What a nightmare! Don't buy a Coleman. They are junk!

Date created: 2010-01-11 Name: K. Dean

"Coleman Heat Pump"
I purchased the split system Coleman Heat Pump in 1987 and had very few problems with it. Fan motor went out about 3 years ago and had to replace the air handler under the house about 7 years ago due to a bad rusted out coil. Other than these few problems, it has been a good unit. May consider the package unit this time to get the air handler out from underneath the house.

Date created: 2009-11-24 Name: D CARROLL

"D S CARROLL"
Had a coleman installed less than a year ago. iT has been nothing but trouble. seen the serviceman 6 times over an 8 month period. now cold weather is here and the unit sounds like it is going to fly apart and only blows cold air. would not recommend this product to anyone and i'm filing a complaint with the bbb.

Date created: 2009-10-31 Name: J.Longpre

"My lover: T.H.E. XIV Heat Pump"
I have a Coleman Heat Pump installed 15 years ago, and I have had no problems with it. I just have it checked once a year and it runs great. I change compressor contactor every three years. Last year I have to change fan motor.In 15 years it cost $200 in parts.I Did the work myself. I will buy the same unit, but it runs to good to replace it yet.

Date created: 2009-08-20 Name: J. Sullivan

"Coleman Compliments"
After 25 years of great service our old Coleman manufactured home split system is huffing and puffing and giving up the ghost. It still cools minimally, not very efficiently, my summer bill is $450.00 on a 1560 sf mobile home. To its credit at least it looks like it will last until it is replaced this month. It has given us little to no trouble and repairs were so minor I can't remember what or when they were.

Date created: 2009-07-15 Name: Jenny Hershman

"Reduced energy usage by 59%"
I have had my old Coleman heating and air system for over 23 years. During that time we never had a breakdown and only one component part needed to be replaced during the life of the system. We decided to install a new Coleman system in May 2008 and I have to say "It Is Terrific !!". Our new gas furnace and heat pump is much quieter than all my neighbor's units and most important the new system has cut our energy usage by 59% !! I was amased at this savings and I also have to compliment our dealer Vaughn Mechanical as they also did a wonderful job. As a retired engineer, I would have never believed that our new system would have achieved the energy savings that we are enjoying. It was so good two of my neighbors have installed new systems and are very happy.

Date created: 2009-06-23 Name: John Parks
Location: New Mexico

"Bad Mouse"
I have 3 gas furnace/Heat Pumps that have been working for 12 years. Aside from one unit that had a bad blower motor,(mouse in the blower), they have operated quite well. Their initial cost was quite good so I feel that I have more than received my money's worth especially in this high desert area of New Mexico. The summers are hot and the winters are cold. I feel buying these units was a good decision.

Date created: 2009-06-02 Name: L. Warran
Location: Olympia

"The only one for the city"
I live in the city of Olympia, the city has very tight limits on noise. I looked at several brands and only the 18 seer Coleman is quiet enough for the city limits in my small yard. I just wanted a basic heat pump, but because the of my small back yard I had to have the quietest unit and now I am glad I spent the extra money.

Date created: 2009-05-29 Name: james estes

"Junk!"
In 15 yrs I have had three outdoor units replaced!due to compressor and other peculiar things!have had to replace indoor unit once!now compressor died on a 5yr 8 month unit with 5 yr compressor warranty!would not recommend anyone to use this unit!compressor is 2/3 the price of the entire unit!

Date created: 2009-05-28 Name: J. Anderson

"Gramma Likes it"
I have a Coleman Heat Pump installed 17 years ago, and I have had no problems with it. I just have it checked once a year and it runs great. I was told to start planning on buying a new one because of the age of the unit, but it runs to good to replace it yet.