Consumer Reviews of Coleman heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about Coleman heat pumps

Date created: 2009-06-02 Name: L. Warran
Location: Olympia

"The only one for the city"
I live in the city of Olympia, the city has very tight limits on noise. I looked at several brands and only the 18 seer Coleman is quiet enough for the city limits in my small yard. I just wanted a basic heat pump, but because the of my small back yard I had to have the quietest unit and now I am glad I spent the extra money.

Date created: 2009-05-29 Name: james estes

"Junk!"
In 15 yrs I have had three outdoor units replaced!due to compressor and other peculiar things!have had to replace indoor unit once!now compressor died on a 5yr 8 month unit with 5 yr compressor warranty!would not recommend anyone to use this unit!compressor is 2/3 the price of the entire unit!

Date created: 2009-05-28 Name: J. Anderson

"Gramma Likes it"
I have a Coleman Heat Pump installed 17 years ago, and I have had no problems with it. I just have it checked once a year and it runs great. I was told to start planning on buying a new one because of the age of the unit, but it runs to good to replace it yet.

Date created: 2009-05-20 Name: R. Aiello

"The most important day in the life of a heat pump"
After 16 years the original heat pump in our home quit. After reading as much as I could about different brands we settled on a Coleman 18 seer unit. It was installed by a very professional local company. It is very quiet and seems to cool the house much better than our old unit of the same tonnage. The warranty is 10 years parts and labor and lifetime on the compressor.After all I have read I believe it is a good choice to purchase a product where company funds go into the product instead of advertising. If you are a do it yourselfer avoid the systems online that advertise a 18 seer system, but come with a 16 seer compressor and a variable speed air handler. Make sure you get the 18 seer compressor unit.

Date created: 2009-05-20 Name: Sam. C

"Happy for 6 years"
I have had a Coleman heat pump for over 6 years and I love how quiet it is. The problem is that next door, their heat pump is so loud that it drowns out mine, and it is over 30 ft away

Date created: 2009-05-16 Name: C. Anderson

"Hot air"
I had a Trane heat pump in my old house for the last 6 years, it worked ok but it was always cold. My new Coleman has much hotter air then my trane.

Date created: 2009-05-16 Name: Larry. M

"Quiet!!!!"
I bought a Coleman 18 seer heat pump last year and it is quiet. I cant hear my heat pump at 10 ft away.

Date created: 2009-02-19 Name: D. O'Mara
Location: Annapolis, MD

"Coleman/Evcon"
I had two Coleman Heat pumps installed in 1995, as part of a remodeling w/addition. The larger unit is a 14 seer, scroll compressor type. Both units have operated fine, with minimal service calls. What I didn't know then was how important the existing ductwork can be, since we were replacing an electric furnace with the 14 seer unit. It's noisy, since heat pumps need to move a lot of volume. Couldn't do much about that, however, since it would involve tearing open walls and ceilings to upgrade ducts.

Date created: 2009-02-12 Name: H Anderson
Location: Minnesota

"First winter in Minnesota"
In the fall of 08 I installed a Colmane heat pump. It worked for 2 months. It is now Feb. and I find out the units has not run all winter. (I have off peak electic) just now figure out it was not running, and the mfg. says "Oh yey, we have some trouble with them you need a upgrade kit to make it run. We thought we fixed the problem but now we know they need to be upgraded. Don't buy these units...

Date created: 2009-02-11 Name: J Cotter
Location: Ontario, Canada

"Coleman heat pump"
Coleman 2Ton model T.H.E. 14 Seer unit. Heating was main concern for me, so purchased this unit based on cop for heating. Good points: Copeland scroll compressor Demand defrost High and Low limits Very silent operation txv valves Weak points: Poor electronic control at the balance point due to "dumb" thermostat and electronics, I have since modified and improved this. Only failures in 11 years have been the outdoor fan motor and indoor control board. All other failures can be traced back to improper installation