Consumer Reviews of Coleman heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about Coleman heat pumps

Date created: 2010-06-22 Name: Khal

"Enegy Saving"
I bought a new Coleman heat pump and I just turned on the a/c and I love it!!!

Date created: 2010-06-01 Name: Kenda Bunch

"A piece of junk"
We bought our heat pump in 2006 and have had nothing but trouble. It is a piece of junk. The first summer the compressor went out, the outdoor fan motor and now the expansion valve. I do not recommend Coleman to anyone that doesn't want to see their repairman a lot. Now, Coleman is saying that it is not under warranty. Do not buy this product.
Date created: 2010-05-24 Name: R. Dunahay

"Coleman heat pump"
The first Coleman we bought was in 1979. We replaced it in 1994. We are now on our second Coleman and it has been in service for 16 years with only minor repairs and with routine yearly service.
Date created: 2010-04-22 Name: Mike Woods

"Quiet"
I had an older heat pump that I had to replace last month. I called three different companies for prices that sold three different brands. I picked Coleman and I am very happy. The 18 seer unit is very quiet. It makes about 1/2 the noise of my old heat pump. I had Vaughn Mechanical install the unit and they were very nice and handled all the permits for me. I will post again next year and let everyone know how it works.
Date created: 2010-04-13 Name: R. Jorden
Location: Taylor, Texas

"Big Heat"
Our Coleman heat pump unit is oem to the house, built in 1984, just north of Taylor, Texas. We've replaced the outside motor several times, and the inside unit once early in it's life. Otherwise, the unit has been more than serviceable, especially considering the extreme heat of Texas.
Date created: 2010-03-17 Name: D. Roland

"Coleman Heat Pumps are junk"
I had this unit installed to replace a gas furnace with A/C. I've had nothing but trouble with it. The outside unit quit the first winter. After a whole lot of hassle, Coleman replaced it. I had to pay labor and freon cost. Now a year later, I have the same thing. Coleman is not responding. I'm going have to replace this thing on my own. What a nightmare! Don't buy a Coleman. They are junk!
Date created: 2010-01-11 Name: K. Dean

"Coleman Heat Pump"
I purchased the split system Coleman Heat Pump in 1987 and had very few problems with it. Fan motor went out about 3 years ago and had to replace the air handler under the house about 7 years ago due to a bad rusted out coil. Other than these few problems, it has been a good unit. May consider the package unit this time to get the air handler out from underneath the house.
Date created: 2009-11-24 Name: D CARROLL

"D S CARROLL"
Had a coleman installed less than a year ago. iT has been nothing but trouble. seen the serviceman 6 times over an 8 month period. now cold weather is here and the unit sounds like it is going to fly apart and only blows cold air. would not recommend this product to anyone and i'm filing a complaint with the bbb.
Date created: 2009-10-31 Name: J.Longpre

"My lover: T.H.E. XIV Heat Pump"
I have a Coleman Heat Pump installed 15 years ago, and I have had no problems with it. I just have it checked once a year and it runs great. I change compressor contactor every three years. Last year I have to change fan motor.In 15 years it cost $200 in parts.I Did the work myself. I will buy the same unit, but it runs to good to replace it yet.
Date created: 2009-08-20 Name: J. Sullivan

"Coleman Compliments"
After 25 years of great service our old Coleman manufactured home split system is huffing and puffing and giving up the ghost. It still cools minimally, not very efficiently, my summer bill is $450.00 on a 1560 sf mobile home. To its credit at least it looks like it will last until it is replaced this month. It has given us little to no trouble and repairs were so minor I can't remember what or when they were.