Consumer Reviews of Coleman heat pumps

Read more about Coleman heat pumps

Date created: 2011-04-23 Name: T. Smith
Location: Dallas, tx.

"Coleman Heat Pumps Saved Me Lots of Green."
I bought this Coleman System for my House last year. I did get a system that qualified for the Federal tax rebate, but I saved even more money when the bills started coming in. This 2-stage heat Pump dropped my electric bills on average for 12 months's 103.00 dollars a month. I have a lifetime warranty on my compressor and 10 year parts and labor warranty. i had to buy the Labor warranty but that wasn't a problem for me. I am saving over $1200 a year with this Coleman Heat Pump. Another thing that I am very excited about is that system is so quiet that I can't tell when it on or off. I did upgrade to the communicating system, that is a bonus feature that offers a lot of extras, when programming my system to personalize what I want my system to do.

Date created: 2011-04-19 Name: Keith
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"POS with bad service"
I had a Coleman unit for four years. In that time I had to have the compressor replaced and the blower motor replaced twice.

Date created: 2011-03-28 Location: Summit, NJ

"Our Reliable Coleman Heat Pump"
Our family has been relying on the same brand for our heat for the past 20 years – Coleman. They have provided us with an efficient, cost effective heat pump that has satisfied all of our needs to the fullest. We rarely ever have needed repairs for our heating, and when we do, the problems are extremely minor. For example, some minor leaking, a small replacement of pipes, etc. Overall, Coleman’s pumps hold out extremely well if you are looking for longtime usage and functionality. I honestly have no cons or problems with this company or their product. Not only is this product reliable, but the company is as well. If you ever need a replacement part or have trouble with installation, have no fear and call up Coleman. They will gladly give you the help you need as long as you need it! I would whole-heartedly recommend this product to any friends or family who are considering purchasing this product.

Date created: 2011-03-22 Name: Michael
Location: Beaumont Texas

"Coils leaking"
3 Coleman Air Handlers installed in 3 years. All had to be replaced due to Coils leaking due to corrosion. Now the 3rd is leaking, Rutty and Morris who installed systems have filed suit against Johnson Controls who owns Coleman. Rutty and Morris stated over 500 units installed have this same problem.

Date created: 2011-03-14 Name: Randy
Location: Spencer,IA

"45 outside and heat pump runs CONTINUOUSLY"
We had Coleman heat pump installed about 16 months ago. HATE IT! It's very noisy,and runs continuously even tho it's 45 degrees outside now . Thermostat is set at 69 and temp shows 69 BUT the damn thing runs ALL THE TIME! Do NOT get one of these !!!

Date created: 2011-03-11 Name: Randy
Location: Spencer,Iowa

"COLEMAN heat pump SUCKS!!"
We had Coleman heat pump installed just over a year ago. WE HATE IT!!! Wish I had my 20 year old furnace and air conditioner back! The heat pump is VERY noisy and runs all the time...even tho the thermostat shows that the temp has reached setting. Our electricity use has nearly TRIPLED since we installed the unit! IT SUCKS!!! Have had the dealer out numerous times..but not he will not even follow up on calls because he can't/won't to anything to fix it! We even emailed COLEMAN and complained to them and GOT NO REPSONSE!!!!!

Date created: 2011-02-15 Name: M. Sowder
Location: Summerville, South Carolina

"Know Your HVAC Company"
I would just like to if anyone has issues with the Colman AC Equipment product line. It may not be the Equipment thats at fault, but who installed it. In todays HVAC market equipment all equipment must hold at a higher standard than what they did many years ago. That is a Goverment Law that was past back in 2006. All equipment when build goes through many testing stages before released to the public. More and more you heard that that units better than the other. What the public does not know is that 98% of the same parts are every different brand from commpressors, TXV metering devices, Contactors and many other brands, even coils. If the customer knew this instead of say the unit is junk that may want to look at who the HVAC was that installed it. Did the pull a good vacuum? Is the ductwork for the system properly size? Is the copper lines the correct size? Did they test the system for leaks prior to start unit. Did they charge the system properly? Did the properly install the traps and vents for the drain line?Did they properly inspect the new equipment from there supplier or vendor? Was the unit damaged in shipping? Do they know how to properly check the static pressures and Air Flow? ARE THEY A LICENSED CONTRACTOR? See most people like to blame the equipment but in truth over 78% of problems you see on equipment is due to not being inspected and installed correctly by the HVAC contractor.I have been to many manufacturing plants and from test to test to test it has now made me see the the equipment may not be the equipments fault but a human error. I have installed many of the Colman line and have ever had any problems with the equipment. Very quiet very durable piece of equipment more so than other brands and I sell them all.

Date created: 2011-02-03 Name: Mr. Davis
Location: Tx.o

"Coleman coil leaks im suing"
Coleman is going to buy my unit back. coils leak and rust to pieces in matter of weeks. outdoor condenser miro channel leaking again too. never again buy a Coleman anything. I am currently suing them.

Date created: 2011-02-02 Name: chad
Location: orange texas

"Leaking evaporators"
I wont even buy a coleman ice chest. it will probably leak too. Dont waste your monies on this brand.

Date created: 2010-12-26 Name: George Beyer
Location: Mission, Texas

"Pretty Good Unit"
Our Coleman package mobile home heat pump/air conditioner unit was new in November, 1995. We bought the house in 2004. We had it serviced twice, only needing gas each time. Climate in Mission, Texas is ideal for a heat pump/air combination. If replacment is required sometime, I would look at Coleman, and the higher efficiency now available.