Consumer Reviews of Coleman heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about Coleman heat pumps

Date created: 2010-12-26 Name: George Beyer
Location: Mission, Texas

"Pretty Good Unit"
Our Coleman package mobile home heat pump/air conditioner unit was new in November, 1995. We bought the house in 2004. We had it serviced twice, only needing gas each time. Climate in Mission, Texas is ideal for a heat pump/air combination. If replacment is required sometime, I would look at Coleman, and the higher efficiency now available.

Date created: 2010-12-07 Name: Adam
Location: Eastern North Carolina

"One-year-old block of ice"
I had my house built 13 months ago, and the builder told me that I'm getting "the best unit he could give me". This apparently meant the cheapest pile of crap he could possibly find. The first winter was horrible. We had to call the installer three times to get the house above 65 degrees. After he "fixed" it, it lasted through the summer. AC works great. But now it's winter again, and the whole outside unit is a 2 1/2" thick block of solid ice. It runs constantly, wasting all my electricity. My house is 62 degrees, and it won't get any warmer (it's only 43 outside!!). I've called the installer again, and he said the warranty only lasted one year. WTF?? Industry standard is 10 years parts, 5 years labor. One year? Seriously? Needless to say, I now have to dig another 3 grand (at least) out of my pocket for a system that actually works. Don't waste your money like I did. Buy something that doesn't completely suck. In the meantime, I'm going to take a can of hairspray and a lighter and see if I can turn my block of ice into a heater again.

Date created: 2010-12-03 Name: Louise Fitzgerald
Location: Morrilton, AR

"Never again"
If I ever get rid of this unit I will never use Coleman again. We built our house five years again and something has broke on this system every year. Last year the compressor went out. Now its going to be 20 degrees here this week the moter is burned up and fried the circut board. Its under warranty but will not be here until next week. I will never allow another coleman system near my home. Its a wonder the house did not burn down.

Date created: 2010-10-23 Name: Tom, R
Location: Lacey, WA

"No problems"
I have had a Coleman heat pump and gas furnace for over 10 years now. I never had a single problem with them. House is always warm in the winter and cool in the summer. I am very happy with both units.

Date created: 2010-08-31 Name: M. Stoltz
Location: Omaha, NE.

Less than a year after installation the fan motor went out and had trouble getting it replaced under warrenty, Just before 5 years 3 months later our electric soared, the compressor went out just after warrenty expired and the replacement would be $1700. Even the service tech stated that a compressor should last 10 years at least and the dealer does not even sell them now. Don't even think about getting one.

Date created: 2010-07-22 Name: G. Barefield

"Good unit"
I had a Coleman heat pump installed a few weeks ago and it has worked great so far. I had One Hour Heating install it. I like how quiet the furnace is. They also installed a uv light and it removes all the dog smells in the house too. I will post back next year to see if I still like it.

Date created: 2010-06-22 Name: Khal

"Enegy Saving"
I bought a new Coleman heat pump and I just turned on the a/c and I love it!!!

Date created: 2010-06-01 Name: Kenda Bunch

"A piece of junk"
We bought our heat pump in 2006 and have had nothing but trouble. It is a piece of junk. The first summer the compressor went out, the outdoor fan motor and now the expansion valve. I do not recommend Coleman to anyone that doesn't want to see their repairman a lot. Now, Coleman is saying that it is not under warranty. Do not buy this product.

Date created: 2010-05-24 Name: R. Dunahay

"Coleman heat pump"
The first Coleman we bought was in 1979. We replaced it in 1994. We are now on our second Coleman and it has been in service for 16 years with only minor repairs and with routine yearly service.

Date created: 2010-04-22 Name: Mike Woods

"Quiet"
I had an older heat pump that I had to replace last month. I called three different companies for prices that sold three different brands. I picked Coleman and I am very happy. The 18 seer unit is very quiet. It makes about 1/2 the noise of my old heat pump. I had Vaughn Mechanical install the unit and they were very nice and handled all the permits for me. I will post again next year and let everyone know how it works.