Consumer Reviews of Coleman heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about Coleman heat pumps

Date created: 2011-11-29 Name: G. Jones
Location: Ghent,WV

"TOTAL JUNK!!!"
This Coleman heat pump has been a total junk! I have had the compressor replaced twice in 2 years. Vibration caused a hole in the coils. Leaking out the r22 freon. And now the reversing valve is stuck in it! The unit is now going on it's 6th year. I would not ever buy another Coleman. (The compressor was under warranty but not the coils) Looks like maybe they now warranty them for 10 years. Too little too late for me. :(

Date created: 2011-09-20 Name: beatrice
Location: hillsboro tx

"Runs nonstop"
Don't buy this junk. It's falling apart, and noisy. Coils leaked two times already. Coleman said they would fix but I guess they forgot and never sent anyone. I wouldn't recommend this brand to better stick with coolers and lanterns.
Date created: 2011-09-03 Name: Linda Bodnar
Location: Montreal, Canada

"No service support."
We had a Coleman heat pump installed in 2004. Had to have the compressor changed after a few months of installation, and now once again it has broken down. Our dilemma is getting the service company to come and repair it. The first time it took weeks to have it looked at and repaired, and that was during a severe heat wave, and once again we feel like we are sitting ducks. Our servicing company is hydro comfort, in Montreal Canada. The most unreliable people I have ever come across. They promised us 2-3 days for a technician to call, no one has called yet and it's going on over a week. We called them back, and left a message, no one has yet gotten back to us. The exact same situation as the last time around. If anyone from the Coleman Corporation is reading this, the companies you hire for servicing, this one in particular, are ruining the reputation of the Coleman name. Because of this situation, I would not recommend anyone purchasing a Coleman heat pumps, for lack of service support, and also lack of confidence in the product itself, especially when it is brand new, and their is a problem with the unit, where it needs to be serviced, during our purchase back in 2004.
Date created: 2011-06-16 Location: Spokane, WA

"Coleman Heat Pump Provides Excellent Cooling and Heating"
I have owned my heat pump for approximately six years. I like that it cools the house down quickly and is not overly expensive to heat and cool my home in all months of the year. Another one of the things I enjoy is that it provides an even heat throughout the winter. Another benefit to my heat pump is that it is environmentally friendly and doesn't emit hazardous gases or fumes in order to provide air conditioning or heat to my home. One of the things that I don't like about it is that it is a loud machine. I don't enjoy that when it turns on it creaks and squeals. It is just too loud. I have never had to replace anything on my heat pump as of yet. I would recommend this heat pump to anyone that would like a quality product to heat and cool their home. I cannot say anything bad about this heat pump because it an excellent product that has served my family and I well over the last six years. It has also made me feel that I am helping the environment in some way. I think this is an excellent product that will continue to provide quality heat and air conditioning.
Date created: 2011-05-27 Location: Akron, Ohio

"How I keep Warm in the Winter"
I have owned this model of Coleman heating pump for almost three years. My first heat pump wasn't all that great so I needed a replacement. I love the fact that it's quiet and reliable. It clicks on without so much as a sound! There really isn't anything I don't like about it. At one point I did require a maintenance man to come out and look at it. The problem was minuscule at most with just a branch caught within the pump itself. This was about a year ago and not something I would hold against the heat pump itself. I would always buy a Coleman brand over other brands. Coleman seems to be an old name brand that stands up to the test of time. I would not only recommend this to a friend but I would buy them one of their choices if they didn't like this brand for whatever reason!
Date created: 2011-04-23 Name: T. Smith
Location: Dallas, tx.

"Coleman Heat Pumps Saved Me Lots of Green."
I bought this Coleman System for my House last year. I did get a system that qualified for the Federal tax rebate, but I saved even more money when the bills started coming in. This 2-stage heat Pump dropped my electric bills on average for 12 months's 103.00 dollars a month. I have a lifetime warranty on my compressor and 10 year parts and labor warranty. i had to buy the Labor warranty but that wasn't a problem for me. I am saving over $1200 a year with this Coleman Heat Pump. Another thing that I am very excited about is that system is so quiet that I can't tell when it on or off. I did upgrade to the communicating system, that is a bonus feature that offers a lot of extras, when programming my system to personalize what I want my system to do.
Date created: 2011-04-19 Name: Keith
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"POS with bad service"
I had a Coleman unit for four years. In that time I had to have the compressor replaced and the blower motor replaced twice.
Date created: 2011-03-28 Location: Summit, NJ

"Our Reliable Coleman Heat Pump"
Our family has been relying on the same brand for our heat for the past 20 years – Coleman. They have provided us with an efficient, cost effective heat pump that has satisfied all of our needs to the fullest. We rarely ever have needed repairs for our heating, and when we do, the problems are extremely minor. For example, some minor leaking, a small replacement of pipes, etc. Overall, Coleman’s pumps hold out extremely well if you are looking for longtime usage and functionality. I honestly have no cons or problems with this company or their product. Not only is this product reliable, but the company is as well. If you ever need a replacement part or have trouble with installation, have no fear and call up Coleman. They will gladly give you the help you need as long as you need it! I would whole-heartedly recommend this product to any friends or family who are considering purchasing this product.
Date created: 2011-03-22 Name: Michael
Location: Beaumont Texas

"Coils leaking"
3 Coleman Air Handlers installed in 3 years. All had to be replaced due to Coils leaking due to corrosion. Now the 3rd is leaking, Rutty and Morris who installed systems have filed suit against Johnson Controls who owns Coleman. Rutty and Morris stated over 500 units installed have this same problem.
Date created: 2011-03-14 Name: Randy
Location: Spencer,IA

"45 outside and heat pump runs CONTINUOUSLY"
We had Coleman heat pump installed about 16 months ago. HATE IT! It's very noisy,and runs continuously even tho it's 45 degrees outside now . Thermostat is set at 69 and temp shows 69 BUT the damn thing runs ALL THE TIME! Do NOT get one of these !!!