Consumer Reviews of Coleman heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about Coleman heat pumps

Date created: 2011-02-15 Name: M. Sowder
Location: Summerville, South Carolina

"Know Your HVAC Company"
I would just like to if anyone has issues with the Colman AC Equipment product line. It may not be the Equipment thats at fault, but who installed it. In todays HVAC market equipment all equipment must hold at a higher standard than what they did many years ago. That is a Goverment Law that was past back in 2006. All equipment when build goes through many testing stages before released to the public. More and more you heard that that units better than the other. What the public does not know is that 98% of the same parts are every different brand from commpressors, TXV metering devices, Contactors and many other brands, even coils. If the customer knew this instead of say the unit is junk that may want to look at who the HVAC was that installed it. Did the pull a good vacuum? Is the ductwork for the system properly size? Is the copper lines the correct size? Did they test the system for leaks prior to start unit. Did they charge the system properly? Did the properly install the traps and vents for the drain line?Did they properly inspect the new equipment from there supplier or vendor? Was the unit damaged in shipping? Do they know how to properly check the static pressures and Air Flow? ARE THEY A LICENSED CONTRACTOR? See most people like to blame the equipment but in truth over 78% of problems you see on equipment is due to not being inspected and installed correctly by the HVAC contractor.I have been to many manufacturing plants and from test to test to test it has now made me see the the equipment may not be the equipments fault but a human error. I have installed many of the Colman line and have ever had any problems with the equipment. Very quiet very durable piece of equipment more so than other brands and I sell them all.

Date created: 2011-02-03 Name: Mr. Davis
Location: Tx.o

"Coleman coil leaks im suing"
Coleman is going to buy my unit back. coils leak and rust to pieces in matter of weeks. outdoor condenser miro channel leaking again too. never again buy a Coleman anything. I am currently suing them.

Date created: 2011-02-02 Name: chad
Location: orange texas

"Leaking evaporators"
I wont even buy a coleman ice chest. it will probably leak too. Dont waste your monies on this brand.

Date created: 2010-12-26 Name: George Beyer
Location: Mission, Texas

"Pretty Good Unit"
Our Coleman package mobile home heat pump/air conditioner unit was new in November, 1995. We bought the house in 2004. We had it serviced twice, only needing gas each time. Climate in Mission, Texas is ideal for a heat pump/air combination. If replacment is required sometime, I would look at Coleman, and the higher efficiency now available.

Date created: 2010-12-07 Name: Adam
Location: Eastern North Carolina

"One-year-old block of ice"
I had my house built 13 months ago, and the builder told me that I'm getting "the best unit he could give me". This apparently meant the cheapest pile of crap he could possibly find. The first winter was horrible. We had to call the installer three times to get the house above 65 degrees. After he "fixed" it, it lasted through the summer. AC works great. But now it's winter again, and the whole outside unit is a 2 1/2" thick block of solid ice. It runs constantly, wasting all my electricity. My house is 62 degrees, and it won't get any warmer (it's only 43 outside!!). I've called the installer again, and he said the warranty only lasted one year. WTF?? Industry standard is 10 years parts, 5 years labor. One year? Seriously? Needless to say, I now have to dig another 3 grand (at least) out of my pocket for a system that actually works. Don't waste your money like I did. Buy something that doesn't completely suck. In the meantime, I'm going to take a can of hairspray and a lighter and see if I can turn my block of ice into a heater again.

Date created: 2010-12-03 Name: Louise Fitzgerald
Location: Morrilton, AR

"Never again"
If I ever get rid of this unit I will never use Coleman again. We built our house five years again and something has broke on this system every year. Last year the compressor went out. Now its going to be 20 degrees here this week the moter is burned up and fried the circut board. Its under warranty but will not be here until next week. I will never allow another coleman system near my home. Its a wonder the house did not burn down.

Date created: 2010-10-23 Name: Tom, R
Location: Lacey, WA

"No problems"
I have had a Coleman heat pump and gas furnace for over 10 years now. I never had a single problem with them. House is always warm in the winter and cool in the summer. I am very happy with both units.

Date created: 2010-08-31 Name: M. Stoltz
Location: Omaha, NE.

Less than a year after installation the fan motor went out and had trouble getting it replaced under warrenty, Just before 5 years 3 months later our electric soared, the compressor went out just after warrenty expired and the replacement would be $1700. Even the service tech stated that a compressor should last 10 years at least and the dealer does not even sell them now. Don't even think about getting one.

Date created: 2010-07-22 Name: G. Barefield

"Good unit"
I had a Coleman heat pump installed a few weeks ago and it has worked great so far. I had One Hour Heating install it. I like how quiet the furnace is. They also installed a uv light and it removes all the dog smells in the house too. I will post back next year to see if I still like it.

Date created: 2010-06-22 Name: Khal

"Enegy Saving"
I bought a new Coleman heat pump and I just turned on the a/c and I love it!!!