Consumer Reviews of Coleman heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about Coleman heat pumps

Date created: 2013-07-21 Name: Mike
Location: Scottsdale, Az

"1996 Units Still Running"
My two original 1996 Coleman units installed when the house was built are still running fine. One condenser fan motor failure in almost 20 years. I'm replacing them this fall only because everything fails eventually. Coleman is number one on my list.

Date created: 2013-02-20 Name: Jo Fry
Location: Trenton, Ohio 45067

"Mrs Jo Ann Fry"
Not upset with heat pump exactly but the Heating and air company that installed it. I need to ask what the problem is that I cant switch from heat to air. He would come in late fall and late spring to switch it over so now for that s winter he won't answer my calls so we have heated with electric heaters all winter. What could be the problem and who in my area could I call to repair? He got his money and he doesn't care now. Any advise out there? Thank you for your time.These are numbers for model ahx42d3xh21a.

Date created: 2012-11-28 Name: Dagney
Location: spokane

"Who is John Galt?"
I am reading reviews and John Galt has it 1000% right -- the unit must be installed properly!

Date created: 2012-09-28 Name: D Gore
Location: Lakeland, FL

"Never Ending Leaky Evaporator Coil"
Purchased unit 2006 from contractor and they installed it. 3 years later Evaporator coil leaks. Under warranty. Free coil but $400 labor. $130 for initial call and charge until coil arrives. 3 years later evap coil freezes and no cool. Again leaky evaporator coil now out of warranty. 1 can stop leak, 3 lbs r22 and $390 and it is working. 6 months later Stops working. I have spent $920 on service calls in 6 years and it is still failing. I do not want to spend another dime on a piece of crap that never stops leaking. Purchased from Lilly's ac in Lakeland fl and serviced by the same. I traced current problem to Low pressure switch (soldered) and am using a portable ac that works. My father has window units all 10 tears old with no problems and this units never stops having problems.

Date created: 2012-08-13 Name: D. Lanier
Location: Maple Hill, NC

"Lemon"
Expect it to need replacing in four years. I had trouble out of it in the begining that they gave me 1 year extra labor warranty. Each year have had to add freon. Now compressor and switch gone bad going to cost around $500 to fix. that is not including parts. Called company and they gave me the run around. Can't get a straight answer out of company. Will not buy this brand again.

Date created: 2012-07-31 Name: H. Gray
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Review of model BAUZ-FO42AA"
Rooftop mounted, 13 seer, r410a packaged heat pump installed 07/06. 08/09 fan circuit board burned out. Paid $80.00 service fee only. 08/10 hail demaged coil severely. Replacing unit with a Coleman upgrade 08/12. Unit runs cold even with demage. Average daily temperatures from June to September of past six years has been 108*F. Unit was reliable and fairly efficient.

Date created: 2012-06-05 Name: Gregory Casper
Location: omaha,Nebr

"Won't do this again"
I have also had a problem with this Coleman heat pump. This is was my fourth unit. Now I'm installing a new unit but different brand. I will not buy Coleman again. Thought the name would mean something, but I was wrong.

Date created: 2012-03-29 Name: D.Gore
Location: Lakeland, FL

"York 3.5 Ton Heat Pump, EV Coils Leak"
Unit lasted 3 years and Evaporator Coil leaked out Freon. 5 Year parts warranty and $400 labor later it worked for 3 more years until the Evaporator coil replaced started leaking again but smaller leaks. Now past 5 years part is out of warranty. New Coil cost $800 and labor is extra. These units last about 3 years. I had the man put in 3 pounds of freon($150) Stop leak ($150) + $100 service and he says the result is 50/50. He says he has had a lot of trouble coils leaking. Mfgs are making bad coils on purpose. York was in Mexico and is now back in usa and has 10 yr warranty. Will not buy.

Date created: 2011-11-29 Name: G. Jones
Location: Ghent,WV

"TOTAL JUNK!!!"
This Coleman heat pump has been a total junk! I have had the compressor replaced twice in 2 years. Vibration caused a hole in the coils. Leaking out the r22 freon. And now the reversing valve is stuck in it! The unit is now going on it's 6th year. I would not ever buy another Coleman. (The compressor was under warranty but not the coils) Looks like maybe they now warranty them for 10 years. Too little too late for me. :(

Date created: 2011-09-20 Name: beatrice
Location: hillsboro tx

"Runs nonstop"
Don't buy this junk. It's falling apart, and noisy. Coils leaked two times already. Coleman said they would fix but I guess they forgot and never sent anyone. I wouldn't recommend this brand to better stick with coolers and lanterns.