Consumer Reviews of Coleman heat pumps

Read more about Coleman heat pumps

Date created: 2014-08-22 Name: Phyllis Denison
Location: Tucson, AZ

"Unique Heating and Cooling, excellent company, excellent product"
One year ago, Aug. 18, 2013, we were faced with replacing an 11 year old Intertherm furnace which had dropped all of the insulation from the back. Our contractor, Gilbert Cardonas, owner of Unique Heating and & Cooling company, recommended that we go with a Coleman package unit since we live in a manufactured home. We have been dealing with Gilbert and the company since 2007. The company we work for, Harris Moble Home Sales, has also used this company since it's inception in 1984. We refer this company to our clients with no complaints. We had Gilbert install our 4 ton, 13 seer heat pump and from the first day had true comfort in our home. Instead of the temperature ups and downs with a furnace/ac combo, the temperature we set is where the home stayed. In addition, our electric bills went down both winter and summer. We live in Tucson, AZ, where the summer monsoon season brings triple digit temperatures along with humidity. The unit has kept our home comfortable while the bills are about 10% lower than the same time and temperatures as last year. This company is excellent and so is the unit they installed. Would recommend both!

Date created: 2014-07-20 Name: D. Petitt

"Double wide manufactured homes"
A person installing a new Heat Pump in a manufactured homes needs to do some research into the differences in the equipment installed in them over the stick built homes. Not every dealer knows the difference and will be willing to sell you equipment that is not as compatible or efficient for the future. I had a Coleman 3.5 ton 13 seer Heat Pump installed an a double wide. I like its similarity to what the home manufacturer installed.

Date created: 2014-07-17 Name: DANA FRYMAN
Location: Batesville, AR

"WARRANTY"
Unit would be nicer if it would have lasted without repairs for more than two years. It does not keep the back of the house cool, but it came with the house and the contractor said it was a good unit.

Date created: 2014-07-01 Name: P Swift
Location: Medford

"33 years of service and counting!!!!!!"
We had our Coleman heat pump installed June 27 1981 and we are still heating and cooling with it. If my math is right that is 33 years. We have been very happy with our Coleman heat pump and are hoping to get another 10 to 15 years out of it.

Date created: 2014-02-13 Name: P. Jump
Location: Sevierville, TN

"Wish I hadn't bought"
I bought this heat pump in March 2013 and it has been nothing but a headache. It has not worked right ever. Getting my heat and air guy puts off coming to fix it and he has and he does somethings and still doesn't work. I put it in to help me save on my electricity - It helped the electric company because my electricity bill doubled and more. This has been a bad winter - no heat means pipes freeze, pipes starting to thaw, pipes burst. I have had to replace most of the pipes in my house. I build a box around my well pump and had a vent put in there so no frozen well - guess what frozen well. More pipes to freeze. Yes I tried to keep my water running but no heat pipes freeze anyway. Finally the Heat and Air company, and my threats came and put in another one. Guess what it is still not working. I am so upset and really wish I had listened to others and not trust Coleman this time. Who would have thought that pumps would be this bad. I would like to trust Coleman, but how since I only had major problems with it. Oh, by the way - My thermostat is set at 76 degrees, but now my house temp is 56 degrees in the house. So what now! Would I buy the same brand again? Would you?

Date created: 2013-11-14 Name: S. Koepper
Location: Gatineau, Quebec

"Ready For The Scrap Yard"
Should never have replaced our 20-year old reliable Ruud thermopompe with this piece of scrap. Was convinced Coleman was the top-of-the-line. After one year, the compressor needed replacement. Now at 4 years old, it operates and sounds like a refurbished piece of garbage. Do not buy a Coleman!!!!

Date created: 2013-08-23 Name: J.Misner
Location: Ca.

"Good for Parts"
This is good for scrap metal. It spend most of the time just sitting there waiting for parts. Sounds like a biplane when it runs. Scares away the stray cats so it's not completely useless. 3 years old.

Date created: 2013-07-21 Name: Mike
Location: Scottsdale, Az

"1996 Units Still Running"
My two original 1996 Coleman units installed when the house was built are still running fine. One condenser fan motor failure in almost 20 years. I'm replacing them this fall only because everything fails eventually. Coleman is number one on my list.

Date created: 2013-02-20 Name: Jo Fry
Location: Trenton, Ohio 45067

"Mrs Jo Ann Fry"
Not upset with heat pump exactly but the Heating and air company that installed it. I need to ask what the problem is that I cant switch from heat to air. He would come in late fall and late spring to switch it over so now for that s winter he won't answer my calls so we have heated with electric heaters all winter. What could be the problem and who in my area could I call to repair? He got his money and he doesn't care now. Any advise out there? Thank you for your time.These are numbers for model ahx42d3xh21a.

Date created: 2012-11-28 Name: Dagney
Location: spokane

"Who is John Galt?"
I am reading reviews and John Galt has it 1000% right -- the unit must be installed properly!