Consumer Reviews of Coleman heat pumps

Read more about Coleman heat pumps

Date created: 2016-08-10 Name: Heather Futrell
Location: Wendell, NC

"Don't buy Coleman"
We purchase a heat pump in October of 2014. In May of 2016 our AC went out. We called the company that installed it to discover that a covering meant to keep 2 lines from coming into contact and "fallen or been pushed" down, thus allowing contact. The result was a hole that released all of the Freon in our unit at the cost of $500 for just Freon replacement! No labor included! When Coleman was contacted we were told we didn't buy the service plan so we weren't covered...What service plan! Never heard of a service plan! Never offered a service plan. So they admit that it's the fault of Coleman or the company that installed it but won't pay for it because we didn't magically know about the service plan we weren't offered! We should have know better...we also had a hot tub by Coleman. The pump on it went out in less than one year. They did replace that, but it lasted less than 2 months and when we called they told us we were out of the 1 year warranty! No replacement without us paying for it! Don't buy Coleman!

Date created: 2016-07-09 Name: Naomi Christensen
Location: Espanola, NM

"Coleman AC/furnace combo"
Unit has performed well, heating during the winter and cooling during the summer. It's easy to maintain compared to servicing swamp coolers on the roof of our home. Have the ability to control both heating and cooling functions with one thermostat as opposed to manual operation of swamp coolers. The AC function is much cleaner than swamp coolers.

Date created: 2016-06-22 Name: W.Wise

"Immediate impact"
Immediately upon install, we could feel a noticeable difference in the cooling of our home. While we have not owned this unit long enough to rate its performance or its operating costs, we are satisfied with the installation and immediate results.

Date created: 2016-01-25 Location: Panama City, FL

"I am satisfied with the Coleman Heat Pump that I have installed in my home."
When my home was built I had a Marvair water to air heat pump installed that was very economical and worked well in conditioning my home. The only drawback was what to do with the water that went through the system, most of the time I used it to irrigate the yard but in wet weather it just made a mess. After 15 years the system went bad. When I went to replace it I changed to an Air to Air heat pump by Coleman. I have been very satisfied with its performance. It operates as efficiently and economically as the water to air unit, and runs quieter. It has been installed now for 15 years and I have only had to have one relay replaced on it. I'm happy with its performance and how long the equipment has worked without any major repairs. I would and have recommended the brand to others.

Date created: 2015-10-31 Name: Dee Hall
Location: Durham, NC

"My home is more comfortable than ever."
This was the second heat pump replacement since our house was built. The first did not perform well or last very long because the contractor did not give us good advice. We are thrilled with this Coleman unit so far (only installed four months ago) but it has made our home so much more comfortable and our power bill has gone down. Hopefully I will have a strong recommendation after we have lived with it months/years from now.

Date created: 2015-10-04 Name: Ronald Rudisel
Location: West Terre Haute, IN

"Ron Rudisel Opinion"
I liked the fact your A-coil was enclosed and had better filters than my old unit. Much cleaner operation than my old unit. Impressed by the honesty of the contractor. I had researched this and several other brands and his conversations with me were backed by my own research. Servicemen were confident and worked hard when installing unit. York contractor and his service and installers sold me. Plus my sister's recommendations .

Date created: 2015-09-03 Name: Frank Sinatra

"13 years with no issues till now"
In 13 years, the external heat pump & internal furnace has had absolutely no issues. Not one, never / ever called in for service. This week, the evaporator coil in my furnace started leaking, and I decided, instead of replacing the evaporator coil and remaining on R-22, to swap both the outside condenser and internal coil to be on R-410A. When the contractor requested if I had a brand preference, it was Coleman or nothing.

Date created: 2015-07-08 Name: Ron Williams
Location: Tennessee

"Select the right equipment"
If you need help in selecting a reliable heat pump, choose Coleman. The equipment is obviously quality. If you do not have knowledge in this area looks tell much.

Date created: 2015-05-05 Name: R. D
Location: Mooresburg, TN

"Piece of junk"
The first unit blew 3 reverser valves before Coleman "agreed" to replace the unit! They stiffed the technician who installed the new unit. The new unit has failed twice in the last 2 years. Over 8 years we have had two units with 3 blown reverser valves, two line leaks and now, who knows what. The repair guy will be here tomorrow to figure it out.

Date created: 2014-08-25 Name: John (Jack) Owen Grady
Location: West Chester, OH

"The furnace and heat pump were installed professionally"
The furnace and heat pump were installed professionally, the price was highly competitive and the warranty of the Copeland compressor of 10 years was the best on the market.