Consumer Reviews of CARRIER heat pumps

Read more about CARRIER heat pumps

Date created: 2010-12-20 Name: Charles Lee
Location: Mt. Sterling, Kentucky

"Retired"
Replaced a ten year old unit of another brand with a 3 ton Carrier unit model 25HPA536H0031010. This unit worked fine for the air condition for summer but it does not even come close to heating this house for winter. The unit spends more time defrosting then it does heating. When it goes into defrost it keeps blowing out cold air in the vents which overcomes the heat that it had produced. The Humidifier is a joke. It does not even start to humidifie any part of the house. I am right back where I was ten years ago by buying wood to heat my home that a $6,666.00 Carrier unit will not do. I only wish now that I had looked around before jumping on this Carrier unit. My old unit provided enough heat for ten years and I am sorry now that I traded it off.

Date created: 2010-12-15 Name: Debra Morgan
Location: Inwood, WV

"Sounds Like an Elephant Trumpet"
Whe the temps fall below freeziing, my two year old unit makes a horrible sound like there is an elephant in the backyard. The dealer says the techs at Carrier have yet to come up with a solution. The neightbors around me have replaced their units with Train. Carrier should either fix the unit or upgrade my unit to one that does not have the problems. So sorry that I invested in a Carrier.

Date created: 2010-12-14 Name: J Mck
Location: West Virginia

"Infiniti heat pumps"
Purchased 2 new complete systems in 2004. Have had to replace compressor on one unit and defrost sensor and control board on both units. Purchased units to replace old unreliable Rheem units with top of the line carrier units. What a joke. Carrier quality is a myth. Their customer service is also a joke as they are completely unresponsive and no help. A sad commentary. What used to be a great American company has gone by the wayside.

Date created: 2010-12-11 Name: T Thompson
Location: Clarksburg, MO

"Infinity"
Built a house in July. Put in a carrier Infinity 16 seer 2.5 ton Heat Pump. Cannot get service under warranty. Wo'nt cool sufficently and sounds like its going to explode now that its winter.

Date created: 2010-12-05 Name: paul
Location: BENBROOK

"A/c heat"
Next time you buy - besure and think about it why do you think they call it infinity//that means you will have problems till infinity

Date created: 2010-11-27 Name: L. Hunsicker
Location: Berryton, KS

"Carrier Infinity Heat Pump"
My Carrier Infinity Heat Pump is now 2 years old and has been the best investment I have made in a long time. This system has been trouble free so far and works just perfectly. I would recommend Carrier and our Factory Authorized Dealer did a wonderful installation.

Date created: 2010-09-25 Name: Thomas H. DeSha
Location: Knoxville,TN

"Peice of Crap"
I purchased the unit in 2004 a split unit model 38EYG it's been nothing but headache ever sense. Less than one year old it froze up the inside coil and outside unit until almost a block of ice top to bottom. Six year old unit has been serviced five times. What ever you do don't buy a Carrier unit.

Date created: 2010-09-19 Name: Ron S
Location: NC

"Carrier 2 ton units have been outstanding"
I own two 2 ton Carrier heat pumps installed in 1984. Could not ask for a better product. Three minor repairs and both are still performing great. Could not be more please. Find yourself a reputable and honest repairman to service your equipment and you won't have any complaints. I plan to replace the lower unit in 2010 because of the tax credit. It too will be a Carrier.

Date created: 2010-09-17 Name: C Davis

"Carrier"
We have had our Carrier heat-pump for 8 miserable years! It has been nothing but an expensive headache!!! We were told and given papers that said we had a 10 year warranty but that was a big joke!! Less than a year after having it installed we experienced the first of many breakdowns.... Nothing but a huge problem..Never kept up with the thermostat setting whether it was winter or summer,didn't matter. This last episode has made us want to just get it replaced, so in 4 more days we have a company lined up to install a new unit, but let me assure you it is NOT, I repeat NOT a Carrier!!!!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2010-09-12 Name: steve marty
Location: vero beach, florida

"Worst top of the line equipment ever"
Built new home in 2006, installed carrier infinity units. both have failed numerous times over the last four years. carrier customer service is unresponsive and the dealer is not equipped to fix units properly. very poor warranty, carrier pays for the parts, you pay for labor, labor cost more than the parts. fortunately warranty will run out this year, next failure will replace with another brand.