Consumer Reviews of CARRIER heat pumps

Read more about CARRIER heat pumps

Date created: 2010-12-11 Name: T Thompson
Location: Clarksburg, MO

"Infinity"
Built a house in July. Put in a carrier Infinity 16 seer 2.5 ton Heat Pump. Cannot get service under warranty. Wo'nt cool sufficently and sounds like its going to explode now that its winter.

Date created: 2010-12-05 Name: paul
Location: BENBROOK

"A/c heat"
Next time you buy - besure and think about it why do you think they call it infinity//that means you will have problems till infinity

Date created: 2010-11-27 Name: L. Hunsicker
Location: Berryton, KS

"Carrier Infinity Heat Pump"
My Carrier Infinity Heat Pump is now 2 years old and has been the best investment I have made in a long time. This system has been trouble free so far and works just perfectly. I would recommend Carrier and our Factory Authorized Dealer did a wonderful installation.

Date created: 2010-09-25 Name: Thomas H. DeSha
Location: Knoxville,TN

"Peice of Crap"
I purchased the unit in 2004 a split unit model 38EYG it's been nothing but headache ever sense. Less than one year old it froze up the inside coil and outside unit until almost a block of ice top to bottom. Six year old unit has been serviced five times. What ever you do don't buy a Carrier unit.

Date created: 2010-09-19 Name: Ron S
Location: NC

"Carrier 2 ton units have been outstanding"
I own two 2 ton Carrier heat pumps installed in 1984. Could not ask for a better product. Three minor repairs and both are still performing great. Could not be more please. Find yourself a reputable and honest repairman to service your equipment and you won't have any complaints. I plan to replace the lower unit in 2010 because of the tax credit. It too will be a Carrier.

Date created: 2010-09-17 Name: C Davis

"Carrier"
We have had our Carrier heat-pump for 8 miserable years! It has been nothing but an expensive headache!!! We were told and given papers that said we had a 10 year warranty but that was a big joke!! Less than a year after having it installed we experienced the first of many breakdowns.... Nothing but a huge problem..Never kept up with the thermostat setting whether it was winter or summer,didn't matter. This last episode has made us want to just get it replaced, so in 4 more days we have a company lined up to install a new unit, but let me assure you it is NOT, I repeat NOT a Carrier!!!!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2010-09-12 Name: steve marty
Location: vero beach, florida

"Worst top of the line equipment ever"
Built new home in 2006, installed carrier infinity units. both have failed numerous times over the last four years. carrier customer service is unresponsive and the dealer is not equipped to fix units properly. very poor warranty, carrier pays for the parts, you pay for labor, labor cost more than the parts. fortunately warranty will run out this year, next failure will replace with another brand.

Date created: 2010-08-28 Name: Mike
Location: florida

"Infenity =junk"
I am a HVAC tech in Florida we had top sales of the infinity product . Over the years of servicing this product the #1 failure is the evap coil since 2004 I have replaced over 500 coils #2 problem compresser on the carrier 16 most compressers only a couple years old.#3 problem these systems communicate and will drop communications for no reason Carrier tech support has no solutions for this problem . So the end user or customer is left paying labor for repairs . To sum it all up when system is running correctly it does a great job but you will become very familiar with your service tech because he or she will be at your house very often . If you are thinking of buying one get the 10 year extended part and labor warranty

Date created: 2010-08-05 Name: M. Crum

"Carrier 38YXA Heat Pump"
We have two systems,Heat Pumps 38yxa060310 and 38yxa036300 couples with two propane gas assit heat pumps 58mxa08020 and 58mxa08016 gas furnaces. Our 5 ton Heat P{ump has been nothing but trouble since it was installed on Dec 15, 1999. We've had at least 15 service calls for parts replacements and now, just past 10 years, the hvac techinician says our compressor is "fried" and we need a new one. We are terribly disappointed. We had a york system (low price low quality) in our last home and it lasted 13 years with no parts problems. Very disappointing.

Date created: 2010-07-26 Name: Robert Illan

"Breaks every 12 or 18 months, defective evaporator coil"
Model 50xz-036-311, is 5 years old has had defective evaporator coil replace twice already and now it failed once more in Jul 2010. Hopefully, it will be the same coil that was replaced in July 2009 for $590. Then I know for sure that I am still getting defective replacement parts.