Consumer Reviews of CARRIER heat pumps

Read more about CARRIER heat pumps

Date created: 2011-02-10 Name: N.Brumbelow
Location: Atlanta, GA

"What a lemon"
I purchased an entire Carrier heating and cooling system 3 years ago. I have had nothing but problems. The outside unit is now frosting over and not heating the house as it should. My electric bill is sky-high. I had a Bryant for 20 years with NO problems. When they (Heating & cooling technician) said I should put in a Carrier I thought I was getting a superior product. What a laugh.

Date created: 2011-01-30 Name: L Bedford
Location: Newton,N.C.

"Noisy Carrier"
Well, it's 4:07 am and I'm awake because my new carrier heat pump sounds like a helicoptor beside my house. Installed pump in July when my Trane went out after 22 years, our temps were about 100 degrees and had to do something in a hurry. The guy sold me on the carrier and it's quality so I let him install it. Wish I had time to do some checking into. My house had a carrier when I moved in and it was nothing but trouble I should have learned then. They have been out twice for the noise and said OH! they compressor is noisy on the carrier much more than Trane. Wished I had known before hand,can't afford another one now. Looking into getting a couple edenpure heaters before next winter.

Date created: 2011-01-27 Name: Steve
Location: Central Florida

"Infinity"
I bought the Infinity 20 seer A/C system with electric heat. I live in FL so I dont need the heat much, This system has been the most reliable that I have ever owned. You can not even hear it running until you get very close to it. I have learned a lor from my neighbor though, he purchased same systm from another contractor that did not replace the copper lines that run from the outdoor unit to the indoor unit. This is apparently very important to do. Carrier recommends it but he tried to save some money. Also, his static pressure was double mine. Not sure what that is but was told that over .5 is not good for the compressor. Awesome system! 10yr parts and labor too.

Date created: 2011-01-18 Name: E. Chandler
Location: Spartanburg, SC

"Water source heat pump"
The evaporator coil started leaking freon. The unit has been running less than 5 years. The cost of replacing the coil is about as much as what I paid for the whole unit new. The last heat pump lasted 14 years with no problems. Carrier will not even replace coil because it only has a 1 year warranty. What kind of material are they making the coils out of? Must be crap! It is a shame that we have to buy extended warranties to cover their shoddy materials which cause manufacture defects. I recommend people buying only heat pumps with long warranties.

Date created: 2011-01-17 Name: C. Hayden
Location: Washington

"Carrier Heat Pump/Air Cleaner Unit"
I had HUD review the needs for the house at construction before investing in the Carrier heat pump, air conditioning, air cleaning unit. The Carrier unit started having issues after less than a year. The contractor who was recommened by Carrier for install ended up closing shop shortly after I had it installed and I was having all kinds of issues. So no service warranty. Tried another recommended servicer from their site they cost me a fortune and even disconnected my emergency heat on the coldest days of the year. So far I have invested thousands when the unit. I have had to replaced most of the major parts that should work perfectly in a quality product. Contacted Carrier with repair receipts etc. Got no response.

Date created: 2011-01-14 Name: K. Dorang
Location: Merritt Island, FL

"AC repair is a racket today"
The house has 5 ton and 3 ton Carrier heat pumps installed in 2003. Evaporator on the 3 ton unit sprung a leak about a year ago. That should never happen but I fixed it myself so no big deal. Now the top of the accumulator on the 5 ton unit rusted out and the loss of refrigerant locked up the compressor. Replaced the accumulator myself and called the original installer to replace the compressor. Here's where it gets interesting. The original installer tells me the compressor is covered under warranty but the labor will be $1000! I should have asked if they're smoking crack. Carrier tells me the $500 compressor only had a 5 year warranty so it's out of warranty now. Could it be that the original installer is lying to me and charging $1000 because they have to buy a compressor too? Yep, that's the way it looks to me. I think I'll just go get a $500 compressor in put it in myself. I feel sorry for the average joe homeowner who doesn't know a condenser from a hole in the ground.

Date created: 2011-01-04 Name: J WOOD
Location: PRINCETON NC

"HEATPUMP"
Had CARRIER iNFINITY SERIES INSTALLED fEB 2010 VERY UNSATISFIED SET THERM ON 72 AND IN MORNING TEMP IS66 TO68 WHEN OUTSIDE TEMP IS 26 TO30 MY OLD UNIT WAS 15 YEARS OLD AND DID BETTER JOB PURE JUNKTHIS KIND OF WORKMENSHIP IS THE USA IS BECOMING A 3WORLD COUNTRY WAKE WHILE YOU STILL HAVE JOB YOU CAN DO BETTER

Date created: 2010-12-20 Name: Charles Lee
Location: Mt. Sterling, Kentucky

"Retired"
Replaced a ten year old unit of another brand with a 3 ton Carrier unit model 25HPA536H0031010. This unit worked fine for the air condition for summer but it does not even come close to heating this house for winter. The unit spends more time defrosting then it does heating. When it goes into defrost it keeps blowing out cold air in the vents which overcomes the heat that it had produced. The Humidifier is a joke. It does not even start to humidifie any part of the house. I am right back where I was ten years ago by buying wood to heat my home that a $6,666.00 Carrier unit will not do. I only wish now that I had looked around before jumping on this Carrier unit. My old unit provided enough heat for ten years and I am sorry now that I traded it off.

Date created: 2010-12-15 Name: Debra Morgan
Location: Inwood, WV

"Sounds Like an Elephant Trumpet"
Whe the temps fall below freeziing, my two year old unit makes a horrible sound like there is an elephant in the backyard. The dealer says the techs at Carrier have yet to come up with a solution. The neightbors around me have replaced their units with Train. Carrier should either fix the unit or upgrade my unit to one that does not have the problems. So sorry that I invested in a Carrier.

Date created: 2010-12-14 Name: J Mck
Location: West Virginia

"Infiniti heat pumps"
Purchased 2 new complete systems in 2004. Have had to replace compressor on one unit and defrost sensor and control board on both units. Purchased units to replace old unreliable Rheem units with top of the line carrier units. What a joke. Carrier quality is a myth. Their customer service is also a joke as they are completely unresponsive and no help. A sad commentary. What used to be a great American company has gone by the wayside.