Consumer Reviews of CARRIER heat pumps

Read more about CARRIER heat pumps

Date created: 2011-11-11 Name: Larry mitchell
Location: Ocala

"It's not carrier"
I have been an a/c technician for 24 years, I own a two stage carrier heat pump (4 ton) I have found in many cases that if a problem occurs with your heat pump system it is due to your install contractor. Is your duct work sized properly? Was your line set properly evacuated? In many cases your system is not sized correctly. Quit blaming the manufacture and find a good contractor...it is a fact that most new systems use the same parts including compressors.

Date created: 2011-08-29 Name: Brad P.

"Great Unit!"
Bought an old house with new Carrier condenser heat pump and air handler and it is very nice. Cool air, low humidity, and a nice house to walk into during summer.

Date created: 2011-08-26 Name: S Maccormack
Location: Moneta Va.

"Carrier warranty cost me $1100.00 in under three years"
Carrier warranty is worth nothing when a service technician tell you this happens all the time. Their warranty covers their low quality parts and kills you with labor cost they must get a kick back from their Dealers! A heat pump in the up stairs of my house that was seldom used only 3 years old replaced both indoor and out door coils under warranty and cost me $1100.00 in labor.

Date created: 2011-08-15 Name: N. Conlen

"Beware"
This is the second heat pump we have had in 23 years and this is the last Carrier we will ever buy!! We have had about 2 thousand dollars in repairs in 10 years, the repairman says the insulation is dropping down and blocking the fan, that happened twice, also the relays burned out twice in 2 years and we were stuck twice now with 600.00 dollar electric bills. We also feel like this heat pump is a money pit, one that people on fixed income cannot afford!

Date created: 2011-08-01 Name: J Short
Location: Berea, KY

"Lemon!"
This Carrier unit has been a disaster since day one! We have had numerous repairs and our service company has really tried, but the heat-pump is a lemon. It works in the winter but not in the summer. Most summers, it goes down in June and they work on it all summer, finally getting it fixed about September. The next summer it is down again for most of the summer. We bought back up window units to survive. Today was the last straw--needs another board (I think this makes 7-8) and a compressor plus another part. Compressor is still under warranty but still will be $1200. We are going to junk it and cut our losses -- buy a new system, but a different brand unless Carrier gives us a new one!

Date created: 2011-07-29 Name: R Buschor
Location: Laurel, MD

"Piece of jumk"
I had my unit for four years and had service calls on at least 15 times within the last 4 years. Always breaking down during peak winter months and peak summer months. The unit, which was supposed to be bigger than I need can't heat or cool my house adequately. It runs constantly, just sucking up that electricity. It just broke again during the last heat wave in 07/11, flooded my basement, a condensation drain issue. Not the first either, and I clean the stupid thing every 6 months. I expected more and got less, I paid more and got less. It took me years to talk my wife into replacing our system and probably should have left the old one.

Date created: 2011-07-21 Name: D Huggins
Location: Tampa , Florida

"Home Owner"
I have constantly had repairmen working on my unit. It seems that each time a different problem comes up: heat exchanger leaks and rusts; several condensers replaced; leaking lines, etc. Do not listen to the sales pitch on this product, it is a total loser. Trying to talk to Carrier personnel is like talking to a wall. They pass you from one person to another, hoping to discourage you from calling. never again with Carrier................

Date created: 2011-07-21 Name: M. Stephens
Location: Lima Ohio

"Quit blaming manufacturers"
Do any of you ever stop to think that all this refrigerant you guys still call freon which was only a brand name of refrigerant back in the 80's leaking out is due to what we in the HVAC field call a poor installation? Quit calling it freon they don't even make it anymore its simply refrigerant....and a system should not leak especially the coils unless improperly installed so quit blaming the manufacturers and start looking at your installer.

Date created: 2011-07-08 Name: R. Fowler
Location: Chandler, AZ

"Very Reliable"
I'm not sure what model Carrier heat pump we had. It was on our house (new) when we bought it 17 years ago. We never had one minute's problem with this product, not a single service call. It finally failed a couple of weeks ago and we replaced it with another brand that was much more expensive (and "hyped"). If it turns out to be even close to as good as the Carrier was, I'll be pleased. We get temperatures of 120 here in the Arizona desert, so it had to be reliable. I'm having second thoughts about getting a different brand, that old Carrier really lasted!

Date created: 2011-06-06 Name: Sharon Jones
Location: McLean, VA

"Carrier Heat Pump"
After 5.75 years a very expensive switch has gone out. Carrier refuses to pay any part of it and - of course - it is just out of warranty. It is reasonable to expect that a unit of this significance would last 20 years, not 5.