Consumer Reviews of Carrier heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about Carrier heat pumps

Date created: 2016-07-02 Name: Karilyn Rust
Location: Orlando, FL

"Don't pay extra for mute package"
This unit (installed in my condo in a high-rise building) works great. However, I paid $600 extra for a so-called Mute Package that is supposed to make the unit quieter. However, it is no quieter than other units like it in the building without the Mute Package. It was checked by the installers and their boss and the regional manager and the unit is installed correctly. Carrier is selling something that, in my opinion, does nothing to "quiet" the unit. Finally, in writing to Carrier, they disclaim any and all responsibility, sending me a not-very-nice letter saying, "take it up with the company you bought it from" which, of course, I did. This is a problem with the product, not the contractor I purchased it from. So, just saying: Don't buy the Mute Package if it's offered to you.

Date created: 2016-06-22 Name: Brian Sivell
Location: West Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada

"Carrier heat pump"
Very poor quality. Very poor service from Carrier. Would never waste my time and money again buying from Carrier. I have had 2 service recalls and it will now cost me near $1,000 to fix a service recall problem covered under warranty for a part poorly manufactured by Carrier.
Date created: 2016-05-16 Location: Manheim, PA

"Surprisingly Good"
We have had a heat pump ever since we bought the house, and the house was two years old when we bought it. That makes 16 years with this heat pump. We have had no problems whatsoever that were caused by the heat pump itself. We had trouble with it the first winter, because we didn't know about clearing the snow away from it, but that was quickly remedied by the neighbor clueing us in, and certainly not the fault of the machine. It never failed to heat our home, and it has never failed to keep us as warm as we'd like to be. I had previous experience with another heat pump that did not work half as well, and I was pleasantly surprised by this one. I would buy the same brand again, and I would most certainly recommend it to a friend.
Date created: 2016-04-28 Name: Roy Mozingo
Location: Moberly, MO

"Does not stand behind warranty"
I had a brand new heat pump and inside unit installed by one of Carrier's dealers less than 5 years ago. In that time it has been endless service calls to get the equipment to function properly. At the end of 2015 a valve went bad and caused the compressor to fail, this was replaced. The compressor went out again about a month ago and was replaced again, this one failed in about 2 days. I have had several conversations with Carrier's warranty department with them telling me they would contact my installer to talk to them directly about the problems with the system. They have failed to do so. The warranty claims department has been of zero help. I am looking at a minimum of $3,000 to remove the unit and have another put in. Carrier has washed their hands of it. I will be taking legal action to recover money for something I have to replace under warranty. As a home builder and homeowner I wouldn't recommend any of Carrier's products to anyone. Poor quality and poor service.
Date created: 2016-01-11 Location: Beaufort, SC

"Very Happy with New Heat Pump"
We built a new home and have lived in it for 7 months. The heat pump was probably installed about 1 month before we moved in. I like that the heat pump can bring the temperature up 2 degrees in less than 15 minutes. It is a gas heater and works very efficiently. Our gas bill has been very reasonable and our house maintains a good, comfortable temperature. I dislike it that it is a little loud when it's forcing the air. Also, we have two zones which can only run one zone at a time. That means if the whole house is cold, only one floor gets warm at a time. Makes it a little tricky when both parts of the home are being lived/worked in at the same time. Yes, I would recommend to a friend. We are first time homeowners and I am very pleased with the product that is installed. We have lived in several houses and this one probably works the best.
Date created: 2015-11-20 Location: Centerville, OH

"Excellent Choice for a Heat Pump"
We have owned this heat pump for just over a year. I would definitely buy this brand again, and have actually recommended it to a few friends. Since we are new users, we have not had to do much for repairs. We did have one issue with the drainage pipe for the air conditioner because we kept ending up with a flooded hallway. This was more of an issue with the furnace company, though. There was an instance when we first got the unit, when the unit was making a knocking sound. The repair man came and fixed it immediately and said it had to do with the piping shaking. We like the fact that it gets warmer than our furnace was and it saves us money from what we paid before we got it. We don't like the fact that it runs so much when it is extremely cold. This still doesn't cost as much as our former furnace unit cost.
Date created: 2015-07-13 Name: K. Elliott

"Buyer beware"
Our Carrier is only 3.5 years old. Last summer the TVX needed to be replaced, a $500 repair since labor is not included in the warranty. This summer the system is doing the same thing again.
Date created: 2015-07-13 Name: Phil Powell
Location: Clover, SC

"Warning - cheap unit"
Built a new house in 2008. Installed Carrier heat pumps. Had them serviced every 6 months, but have had to have $3,000 in repairs in last two months; the latest was the evaporator coil at a cost of $2,475. I have not been able to find a corporate contact for Carrier anywhere to file a complaint.
Date created: 2015-05-19 Name: Greg
Location: Fairfax, VA

"13 years and strong"
We are the original owners of our house and replaced the original heat pump 13 years ago with Carrier. No service of any kind until today. We replaced 2 capacitors for $50 plus $150 labor. This 2 ton unit has worked nearly flawlessly. The heat in winter is adequate if not real warm, and the outside unit is a little loud. The service man says this is because of the connectors vibrating and is pretty normal. I think most problems people have are with using poor service technicians. We are in northern Virginia and use B & B and they have been great.
Date created: 2015-03-28 Name: jim
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

"Carrier heat pump"
Heat pump was purchased for $5330.00 in 10/13. The first complaint is the heat pump does not blow even warm air. The temperature at the register is 65 degrees, it creates a draft, no heat, and runs continuously till you manually turn on the emergency heat, which is my gas furnace, a Heil gas furnace that works very well. The service man, after 4 tries to fix it, called Carrier to help with the problem. Now it does not work at all. I called Carrier customer service. They said it was out of warranty, Carrier would not do anything. Carrier's customer service is as good as their product.