Consumer Reviews of CARRIER heat pumps

Read more about CARRIER heat pumps

Date created: 2015-07-13 Name: K. Elliott

"Buyer beware"
Our Carrier is only 3.5 years old. Last summer the TVX needed to be replaced, a $500 repair since labor is not included in the warranty. This summer the system is doing the same thing again.

Date created: 2015-07-13 Name: Phil Powell
Location: Clover, SC

"Warning - cheap unit"
Built a new house in 2008. Installed Carrier heat pumps. Had them serviced every 6 months, but have had to have $3,000 in repairs in last two months; the latest was the evaporator coil at a cost of $2,475. I have not been able to find a corporate contact for Carrier anywhere to file a complaint.

Date created: 2015-05-19 Name: Greg
Location: Fairfax, VA

"13 years and strong"
We are the original owners of our house and replaced the original heat pump 13 years ago with Carrier. No service of any kind until today. We replaced 2 capacitors for $50 plus $150 labor. This 2 ton unit has worked nearly flawlessly. The heat in winter is adequate if not real warm, and the outside unit is a little loud. The service man says this is because of the connectors vibrating and is pretty normal. I think most problems people have are with using poor service technicians. We are in northern Virginia and use B & B and they have been great.

Date created: 2015-03-28 Name: jim
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

"Carrier heat pump"
Heat pump was purchased for $5330.00 in 10/13. The first complaint is the heat pump does not blow even warm air. The temperature at the register is 65 degrees, it creates a draft, no heat, and runs continuously till you manually turn on the emergency heat, which is my gas furnace, a Heil gas furnace that works very well. The service man, after 4 tries to fix it, called Carrier to help with the problem. Now it does not work at all. I called Carrier customer service. They said it was out of warranty, Carrier would not do anything. Carrier's customer service is as good as their product.

Date created: 2015-03-16 Name: D Dev
Location: United States

"Hate this heat pump"
We put in a Carrier heat pump in November and we have had nothing but problems, from it not coming on to high electric bills - $600.00, which is very high for our area. The local electric company is sending someone out. I have called the installers probably no less than 20 times. They put in 4 new thermostats and said it's what is wrong. I don't care at this point, I hate this. Our 46-year-old furnace ran better than this pos.

Date created: 2015-03-03 Name: G. Young
Location: United States

"Expensive heat pump already requires repair"
Building our home in 2012, we selected a Carrier heat pump because of its efficiency and alleged reliability. Little more than 2 years later, we're now suffering through almost $400 labor costs to repair our relatively young Carrier heat pump because the outdoor fan bearings failed and the fan motor must be replaced. When I asked Carrier for credit against these $400 labor costs, Nicole stated she's "bound by the manufacturer's warranty" so she cannot pay for labor on a part that admittedly failed way too soon. Be careful of putting too much trust in the Carrier reliability. They're not willing to do what's right for the customer.

Date created: 2015-02-25 Name: V Knox
Location: Ft. Oglethorpe, GA

"I had a Carrier installed. I paid for a 3 1/2 ton & the installer put a 3 ton in. I was swindled..."
It has held up pretty good. But I paid for a 3 1/2 ton & the man who put it in put a 3 ton in instead. I have had it fixed once & the part was replaced and the thermostat also. His last name was Snyder from Chickamauga, & the name of his business was Dependable Air. So beware of who puts your new unit in. Fraudulent people are out there to beat you. I was out a lot of money, but when it was fixed last, this air conditioner man was very honest & told me I had a 3 ton, not the 3 1/2 ton for which I paid.

Date created: 2015-01-21 Name: A. Coleman
Location: Culpeper, VA

"Piece of junk"
I am sitting here freezing - again - because this piece of junk is broken down. It is 2 years old and I have had nothing but trouble ever since I spent $7,080 on it. After less than a year the motor had to be replaced, it was under "warranty" but it cost me $600 for the installation of a new one! Now it is putting out cold air. It has frozen up constantly ever since it was installed. No! I will never have another Carrier! I had 2 heat pumps before this and never had problems with them till they were old.

Date created: 2014-12-05 Name: D. Hitchler
Location: Newberry, FL

"Horrible customer care"
I purchased a new house with a Carrier heat pump 38YCC036-3 in 2005. The coil started to leak in 2009. The service company went over to stop the leak and charged $600. It lasted a few years, then did it again in 2011 and cost another $600. I called customer service. The warranty is now 10 years but when we bought our unit it was 5 years. I have to get a new unit and it will cost in the $4800 range. The neighborhood we live in has had many of the same problems and replaced many of the same units. Carrier is a horrible, low-quality product company. I'm very disappointed in the service, they seem to not care about the consumers. To make a long story short, they suck.

Date created: 2014-10-01 Name: Bruce Alger
Location: Short Pump, VA

"All Carrier is junk!"
As a HVAC installer, I have installed many different units. Carrier is by far the worst, has the most call backs, and is just cheap. From a residential 1.5 ton unit to a 60 ton commercial unit, they have cheapened their equipment so bad that it is insane. They don't honor their warranties and they are using LG compressors in their already pos units. Expect to get a call back on one of every three Carrier units you install. They are junk. It's just a name. It was great 30 years ago. Today, it leads the field, along with Lennox, as the cheapest-made HVAC equipment on the market. Stay away!