Consumer Reviews of CARRIER heat pumps

Read more about CARRIER heat pumps

Date created: 2008-06-06 Name: P. Mabrey
Location: Commerce, GA

"Junk from day 1"
We replaced our old unit in 2002 and chose Carrier because of the name. To my great sorrow it has been nothing but a big money pit. It has been worked on every year since. And now it needs the 3rd compressor. Another $1400.00. I have just got off the phone with a rep. with the company and they are no help whatsoever. They could care less about the problems or the costs once you own the unit. I would not recommend to anyone that they buy one of these big expensive lemons.

Date created: 2008-05-06 Name: TJ
Location: Raleigh, NC

The original heat pump installed in 1986 lasted 12 years. We have had our "new" Carrier heat pump for 4 years and 10, yes 10 repairs. Not minor charges, but repairs such as a new compressor, new coil, new fan and many, many leaks.

Date created: 2008-04-12 Name: Fred
Location: VA

I have a Bryant 14 seer unit that I have had since 1999. I have had very few problems and what I have had has been little things like an 80 circuit. I have had it serviced a minimum of 1 a yr. I think that most of the folks that have problems with their units don't call anyone until there is a problem. A little prevention goes a long way. I have also bought a Carrier Infinity system for the company I work for. This is a great system using heat pump/gas. I think if I had to buy a unit tomorrow, this would be what I would buy

Date created: 2008-03-14 Name: OK1wire
Location: Washington

This unit was added to an existing forced air electric furnace in 1978. When the Kw-hour went sky high and the unit sounded like an airplane engine I knew I needed a new compressor (1994). No other maintenance was required other that an occasional top off of coolant. This unit supplied reliable heat at a reasonable price for 30 years. In the Washington climate the cooling feature was never used. Now, in 2008, kw-hour are rising again so it looks like I'll soon have to invest in new technology. The price of yearly inspections, a new compressor, and now a new system wipe out a lot of the heating cost savings attributed to the heat pump.

Date created: 2008-02-18 Name: M Schmidt
Location: Dallas, TX

Our Carrier heat pump unit is OEM to the house, built in 1980, just north of Dallas Texas. We've replaced the outside motor several times, and the inside unit once early in it's life. Otherwise the unit has been more than serviceable, especially considering the extreme heat of Texas

Date created: 2008-01-21 Name: T. Dent
Location: Vancouver, WA

Worst equipment I've ever owned. We put the system in about 14 years ago and paid about $6500 for a split system. In that time we have had over $2500 in repairs. I'd never buy a Carrier again unless they gave it to me for free and maintained it for life.

Date created: 2007-05-24 Name: D Mertes
Location: Grafton wis.

I installed a new Carrier 58UVB and HNA6 HYBRID system for energy saving reasons so far I'm very pleased with the comfort level that I noticed and my gas bill went down with not much added to my electric bill

Date created: 2007-05-11 Name: Bonnie Murrell
Location: Gibsonville, NC

I've been very pleased but now I need to replace it, not because it's not working, but because it just doesn't heat and cool as well as it used to. I would like the closest thing I can get to the one I have.