Consumer Reviews of Carrier heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about Carrier heat pumps

Date created: 2010-04-22 Name: Eme

"Replacing Evaporator Coil With New Install"
I've been researching these systems before buying one. For those of you who own a Carrier, this information was taken right from one of their pdf documents. "As few as half of the contractors and dealers regularly replace the customerís indoor evaporator coil when a new condensing unit is installed. It is estimated that the chances of a first year compressor failure increases 45% when an old undersized coil and fixed expansion device are used."

Date created: 2010-04-16 Name: Jerry J. Barrett

"Poor Home Owner......."
Bought new Carrier Heat Pump last summer with the promise of a $1500 tax credit, even if I did not owe any taxes, I am retired living on a fixed income, so do not pay taxes, when I filed my taxes found out you have to owe taxes to use this credit, not what I was given in writing. The Tampa Bay area manager of Carrier told me that they always put a disclaimer on their paperwork so they are not liable for anything in writing. Have a few more weeks to resolve this problem before I go to court, gave the dealer until the end of April 2010.
Date created: 2010-04-08 Name: D. T.

"Knowing What I Know Now!"
If I had a choice, I would have never chosen Carrier. Unfortunately, when I purchased my home new 6 years ago the system was already installed. Knowing what I know now, purchasing a home that has a Carrier system would definitely be a deal breaker for me!
Date created: 2010-02-20 Name: D. Lagoe

"Carrier 5 ton 15 Seer"
Purchased new in 2002 for high efficiency. Power bills are good but repairs are crazy. The compressor has been replaced twice under warranty - parts covered but labor about $1000/each time. Now, the starting circuit just went & it's going to cost me $500+ to get it repaired. This will be the last time that I'll repair it - Next time it quits, I will replace it with a Trane. I contacted Carrier but they don't want to take any responsibility for their poor quality product.
Date created: 2010-02-18 Name: R. Thomas

"Home owner"
I bought a brand new house with a new Carrier heat pump in 2001. After 4 years, I had to replace the motor. After 5 years, I had to replace the coil. My neighbor had to replace his Carrier heat pump last summer. It was only one year older than mine. I do check the filter monthly. Replacement filters cannot be purchased at any local hardware store. They must be ordered. I have tried to contact Carrier but could not get a response. I am hoping to get one more year out of it before I have to buy a new one. It will not be a Carrier.
Date created: 2010-02-04 Name: V.

"Mr."
Had two expensive repairs in 7 years, then replaced all together. Purchased it new.
Date created: 2010-01-13 Name: Lavelle Mays

"Unhappy customer of carrier unit"
Not even had unit for 5 years and 1st year had to have it worked on while waiting 2 months of over 500 dollar power bill. Year 2 ok. Last year had to have it worked on again 2 months of over 500 dollars of power bills. Now again, December 09, another bad park still waiting on parts. It's January 13 and still will be another week before fixed. I think having a unit 4 years and working on it, 3 years is just not right. I was told how much money I would save with a new unit. Boy, was that a joke! I just got hold of a bad unit and nobody will help me with it. I have been ripped off big time. I try to tell Sears I had a bad unit but they say I bought it. It's my problem now but it shouldn't be. I'm a customer and should be well pleased but am not. Thanks for reading and letting me tell you I have a bad unit.
Date created: 2010-01-12 Name: H. Sanchez

"Carrier Satification"
My Carrier heat pump came when my house was newly built in 1982. I had the motor replaced about ten years ago. To my surprise, my current Carrier system is still heating and cooling my home very well. Go figure? I'm not looking to have a reason to spend $3,000 on up to replace my old system which is still working wonderfully. I realize that we are more than likely paying for it's electrical inefficiency in the long run. But, it still runs great.
Date created: 2010-01-06 Name: J. Mutchler

"What junk!"
I have had a carrier unit for 2 years... and the compressor has gone out.... a warranty part, that they want 900.00 for the labor to replace... 900.00 Are you kidding me??? The unit it 2 years old!!! What a joke!!!
Date created: 2009-12-05 Name: Jeff M

"Home Owner"
Had this heat pump less than 3 yrs. Nothing but trouble.