Consumer Reviews of Carrier heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about Carrier heat pumps

Date created: 2010-09-19 Name: Ron S
Location: NC

"Carrier 2 ton units have been outstanding"
I own two 2 ton Carrier heat pumps installed in 1984. Could not ask for a better product. Three minor repairs and both are still performing great. Could not be more please. Find yourself a reputable and honest repairman to service your equipment and you won't have any complaints. I plan to replace the lower unit in 2010 because of the tax credit. It too will be a Carrier.

Date created: 2010-09-17 Name: C Davis

"Carrier"
We have had our Carrier heat-pump for 8 miserable years! It has been nothing but an expensive headache!!! We were told and given papers that said we had a 10 year warranty but that was a big joke!! Less than a year after having it installed we experienced the first of many breakdowns.... Nothing but a huge problem..Never kept up with the thermostat setting whether it was winter or summer,didn't matter. This last episode has made us want to just get it replaced, so in 4 more days we have a company lined up to install a new unit, but let me assure you it is NOT, I repeat NOT a Carrier!!!!!!!!!!!
Date created: 2010-09-12 Name: steve marty
Location: vero beach, florida

"Worst top of the line equipment ever"
Built new home in 2006, installed carrier infinity units. both have failed numerous times over the last four years. carrier customer service is unresponsive and the dealer is not equipped to fix units properly. very poor warranty, carrier pays for the parts, you pay for labor, labor cost more than the parts. fortunately warranty will run out this year, next failure will replace with another brand.
Date created: 2010-08-28 Name: Mike
Location: florida

"Infenity =junk"
I am a HVAC tech in Florida we had top sales of the infinity product . Over the years of servicing this product the #1 failure is the evap coil since 2004 I have replaced over 500 coils #2 problem compresser on the carrier 16 most compressers only a couple years old.#3 problem these systems communicate and will drop communications for no reason Carrier tech support has no solutions for this problem . So the end user or customer is left paying labor for repairs . To sum it all up when system is running correctly it does a great job but you will become very familiar with your service tech because he or she will be at your house very often . If you are thinking of buying one get the 10 year extended part and labor warranty
Date created: 2010-08-05 Name: M. Crum

"Carrier 38YXA Heat Pump"
We have two systems,Heat Pumps 38yxa060310 and 38yxa036300 couples with two propane gas assit heat pumps 58mxa08020 and 58mxa08016 gas furnaces. Our 5 ton Heat P{ump has been nothing but trouble since it was installed on Dec 15, 1999. We've had at least 15 service calls for parts replacements and now, just past 10 years, the hvac techinician says our compressor is "fried" and we need a new one. We are terribly disappointed. We had a york system (low price low quality) in our last home and it lasted 13 years with no parts problems. Very disappointing.
Date created: 2010-07-26 Name: Robert Illan

"Breaks every 12 or 18 months, defective evaporator coil"
Model 50xz-036-311, is 5 years old has had defective evaporator coil replace twice already and now it failed once more in Jul 2010. Hopefully, it will be the same coil that was replaced in July 2009 for $590. Then I know for sure that I am still getting defective replacement parts.
Date created: 2010-07-20 Name: K. Johnson

"Good heat pumps"
I'll tell you what I moved in my house back 92. The unit at the time was a Carrier. House built 1986, original unit 22 yrs old finally started acting up. Actually still work before new. Just cut off few times. Now, have a Kenmore installed 7/31/08, almost 2 yrs old. Good so far. It's the freon that makes them last. Can't use r-22 no more. My neighbor still has his Carrier and is still kicking. Carrier is a good unit. Don't think they would last like old units. Went with Kenmore because of money, and because I figure Sears will stand behind their products.
Date created: 2010-07-20 Name: Mike C.

"The older units are better, apparently"
I moved into my home in 1981. It had (and has) a roof mounted Carrier heat pump and has been working great ever since. There have been a couple of small repairs, but nothing expensive. In looking at the feedbacks, it appears that the units 10 years or older work great and the ones newer than 10 years are junk. This is sad because I am saving up for my next heat pump (it will eventually break, right?) and it looks like I can't rely on Carrier's quality. Rats! I tend to be a loyal customer. Good thing, there are these review web sites to save us from making big mistakes.
Date created: 2010-07-09 Name: R. Rivera

"Pretty much trouble free"
The Carrier heat pump has been working trouble free and without much maintenance for over 20 years. I live in a condo and the new more efficient equipment will not fit through the door, so I am now looking for alternative brands. But based on our experience, I highly recommend Carrier.
Date created: 2010-06-05 Name: J.E. Laws

"Carrier Three Piece System"
I bought my home place from my Mom in 2007. Still running today is the Carrier Three Piece System my Uncle Charles installed in 1979! The system has an outside unit, inside air handler, and the compressor is on the inside as well. I do not know why Carrier did not maintain a system design like this other than they last too long! My Uncle installed 12 of these systems in the area in the late 1970's early 1980's and is proud that 8 of them are still in operation today!! Best system ever in my opinion! My uncle is still a Carrier tech, but has become more of a Trane fan as far as new systems go. All in all, it is as my Uncle Charles says...."A system will only operate as well as it is installed! Get a crap installation and you will have nothing but trouble!" Well said I say!