Consumer Reviews of CARRIER heat pumps

Read more about CARRIER heat pumps

Date created: 2017-04-26 Name: Garry Simmons
Location: Port Aransas, TX

"Defective Carrier Heat Pump"
We have a vacation home where we run the a/c a limited amount of time. We moved into the new construction December 2015. The unit was installed in October 2015. We started having problems in December 2016. The unit wouldn't start at all. We were able to get it started again after recycling the breakers. We contacted the a/c (03/2017) company who installed it, Bodine Scott A/C. They said the fan motor out and needed replacement. They put some Freon in also. The unit was ran for 3 hours and we left. The unit was set for 85 and never turned on because it got cold again. The next week the unit wouldn't cool. Bodine and Scott came back out and said the compressor was out. They fixed it the next day for $500. So, this is a almost new unit, a lemon, that had two complete failures. The fact that I had to pay anything to fix a manufacturer defective ac is beyond belief. Carrier should cover all cost. If not people need to know what they are getting when they buy a Carrier Heat pump. They also need to be told that they will be left holding the bag when one of their sellers/repair companies says that carrier will not pay for labor on what was described as a rare incident.

Date created: 2016-11-23 Name: P Kerley
Location: Paris, TX

"Dissatisfied customer"
7/11/2014: purchased a Carrier 2 ton heat pump. First blower motor out on 11/23/15. Replaced under warranty. Second blower motor went out on 11-23-2016 also under warranty. Have had yearly service by installer. Motor is on backorder until February 2017 all winter no heat or void warranty. The product was supposed to improve my electric bill and it has not only caused problems for my husband with severe neuropathy after brain surgery and very cold sensitive. Our old unit lasted >30 years. "Time for an upgrade" they said. Wrong.

Date created: 2016-08-24 Name: G Kerr
Location: Missouri

"TPX valve"
Everyone make sure you don't overcharge your unit when servicing or repairing. It will mess up valves and sometimes cause leaks in the system no matter the brand name.

Date created: 2016-08-11 Name: Richard Stansfield
Location: Rincon, GA

"Leaking AHU coil"
Unit is only 15 months old. The AHU coil is leaking and needs to be replaced. The serviceman says this common.

Date created: 2016-07-20 Name: M. G.
Location: Richmond, VA

"Garbage"
Just bought my house. The home inspection a few months ago didn't reveal any issues with the HVAC. The units were Carrier so I thought they'd be good. Boywas I wrong. The house was built in the 1920s and remodeled down to the studs in 2011. Units were manufactured in March 2011 and installed in October 2011. Found a receipt for a tpx valve replacement the previous owner paid for in August 2015 at a cost of almost $1,300. Now in July 2016 the compressor for the same unit is fubared (the jacket it was wrapped in had burn marks) and needs to be replaced with an out-of-pocket cost of nearly $1,000. The P.O.S. is still covered by Carrier's 5 year parts warranty until October, but the labor is on me. Welcome to the neighborhood, at least I know to never buy Carrier when this piece of junk inevitably blows up and needs to be replaced in a year or two.

Date created: 2016-07-02 Name: Karilyn Rust
Location: Orlando, FL

"Don't pay extra for mute package"
This unit (installed in my condo in a high-rise building) works great. However, I paid $600 extra for a so-called Mute Package that is supposed to make the unit quieter. However, it is no quieter than other units like it in the building without the Mute Package. It was checked by the installers and their boss and the regional manager and the unit is installed correctly. Carrier is selling something that, in my opinion, does nothing to "quiet" the unit. Finally, in writing to Carrier, they disclaim any and all responsibility, sending me a not-very-nice letter saying, "take it up with the company you bought it from" which, of course, I did. This is a problem with the product, not the contractor I purchased it from. So, just saying: Don't buy the Mute Package if it's offered to you.

Date created: 2016-06-22 Name: Brian Sivell
Location: West Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada

"Carrier heat pump"
Very poor quality. Very poor service from Carrier. Would never waste my time and money again buying from Carrier. I have had 2 service recalls and it will now cost me near $1,000 to fix a service recall problem covered under warranty for a part poorly manufactured by Carrier.

Date created: 2016-05-16 Location: Manheim, PA

"Surprisingly Good"
We have had a heat pump ever since we bought the house, and the house was two years old when we bought it. That makes 16 years with this heat pump. We have had no problems whatsoever that were caused by the heat pump itself. We had trouble with it the first winter, because we didn't know about clearing the snow away from it, but that was quickly remedied by the neighbor clueing us in, and certainly not the fault of the machine. It never failed to heat our home, and it has never failed to keep us as warm as we'd like to be. I had previous experience with another heat pump that did not work half as well, and I was pleasantly surprised by this one. I would buy the same brand again, and I would most certainly recommend it to a friend.

Date created: 2016-04-28 Name: Roy Mozingo
Location: Moberly, MO

"Does not stand behind warranty"
I had a brand new heat pump and inside unit installed by one of Carrier's dealers less than 5 years ago. In that time it has been endless service calls to get the equipment to function properly. At the end of 2015 a valve went bad and caused the compressor to fail, this was replaced. The compressor went out again about a month ago and was replaced again, this one failed in about 2 days. I have had several conversations with Carrier's warranty department with them telling me they would contact my installer to talk to them directly about the problems with the system. They have failed to do so. The warranty claims department has been of zero help. I am looking at a minimum of $3,000 to remove the unit and have another put in. Carrier has washed their hands of it. I will be taking legal action to recover money for something I have to replace under warranty. As a home builder and homeowner I wouldn't recommend any of Carrier's products to anyone. Poor quality and poor service.

Date created: 2016-01-11 Location: Beaufort, SC

"Very Happy with New Heat Pump"
We built a new home and have lived in it for 7 months. The heat pump was probably installed about 1 month before we moved in. I like that the heat pump can bring the temperature up 2 degrees in less than 15 minutes. It is a gas heater and works very efficiently. Our gas bill has been very reasonable and our house maintains a good, comfortable temperature. I dislike it that it is a little loud when it's forcing the air. Also, we have two zones which can only run one zone at a time. That means if the whole house is cold, only one floor gets warm at a time. Makes it a little tricky when both parts of the home are being lived/worked in at the same time. Yes, I would recommend to a friend. We are first time homeowners and I am very pleased with the product that is installed. We have lived in several houses and this one probably works the best.