Consumer Reviews of Carrier heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about Carrier heat pumps

Date created: 2018-09-07 Name: Roger Davis
Location: Lucedale, MS

"Another Carrier catastrophe"
Buy anything other than a Carrier, customer service is lousy/none. Will not last through warranty period. Example: blower motor quits, service tech says it could be the motor or the controller on the end of the motor, but cannot tell, have to send it to Carrier. In order to get your a/c working in over 90 degree weather, you have to get a motor and controller assembly that will take over a week. Then you have to wait for Carrier to determine which is bad, or both. And customer will have to pay the difference. We have had Goodman, Rheem and in my opinion, the best Trane. All lasted 10 years or better, with very few problems, not at all like Carrier.

Date created: 2018-07-18 Name: Dan Vaught
Location: Virginia

"P.O.S."
Another corporate ripoff. They could give you the unit at the stupidly excessive prices for repair parts. Indoor fan lasted less than 10 years - $1,800 to replace failed fan motor.
Date created: 2018-07-16 Name: Michael Lenzo
Location: Melbourne, FL

"Complete disaster"
The Infinity 18 SEER puron based heat-pump (4-ton) has been a complete disaster, as far as reliability. The invertor board has been replaced twice and the unit is now down again. It has all the bells and whistles, but absolutely no reliability. My installer/contractor says Carrier is working on a fix, but absolutely no feedback from them. Carrier needs to step up and fix problem that has been going on for well over several years now. We are senior citizens with health problems and cannot continue in this mode. We need to have some resolution ASAP. The system was purchased in 2014 for $11,500, and was supposed to be top of the line. Carrier is not standing by their product.
Date created: 2018-04-09 Name: Tina Jett
Location: Weatherford, TX

"Blower Motor Fault after only 36 months & poor customer service"
Do not buy a Carrier. The blower motor on our $12,000 unit has faulted out after only 36 months. Carrier warranties their ac units for 5 years; however, they charge a ridiculous $176 warranty processing fee and the labor is of course not covered. I tried to negotiate no fee or a lower fee with customer service and the rep I spoke to was very flippant. I fear what other problems may occur with this system if after such a short time something like this has happened. Do not buy Carrier.
Date created: 2017-07-31 Name: Vic
Location: Savannah, GA

"Carrier Heat Pump less than 2 yrs. old with problems!"
We bought a new home it is less than 2 years old and it has a Carrier Heat Pump that now needs a new module, which is costing us hundreds of dollars (labor and service visit fee). Our last home had a Trane and we had zero problems for 14 years.
Date created: 2017-04-26 Name: Garry Simmons
Location: Port Aransas, TX

"Defective Carrier Heat Pump"
We have a vacation home where we run the a/c a limited amount of time. We moved into the new construction December 2015. The unit was installed in October 2015. We started having problems in December 2016. The unit wouldn't start at all. We were able to get it started again after recycling the breakers. We contacted the a/c (03/2017) company who installed it, Bodine Scott A/C. They said the fan motor out and needed replacement. They put some Freon in also. The unit was ran for 3 hours and we left. The unit was set for 85 and never turned on because it got cold again. The next week the unit wouldn't cool. Bodine and Scott came back out and said the compressor was out. They fixed it the next day for $500. So, this is a almost new unit, a lemon, that had two complete failures. The fact that I had to pay anything to fix a manufacturer defective ac is beyond belief. Carrier should cover all cost. If not people need to know what they are getting when they buy a Carrier Heat pump. They also need to be told that they will be left holding the bag when one of their sellers/repair companies says that carrier will not pay for labor on what was described as a rare incident.
Date created: 2016-11-23 Name: P Kerley
Location: Paris, TX

"Dissatisfied customer"
7/11/2014: purchased a Carrier 2 ton heat pump. First blower motor out on 11/23/15. Replaced under warranty. Second blower motor went out on 11-23-2016 also under warranty. Have had yearly service by installer. Motor is on backorder until February 2017 all winter no heat or void warranty. The product was supposed to improve my electric bill and it has not only caused problems for my husband with severe neuropathy after brain surgery and very cold sensitive. Our old unit lasted >30 years. "Time for an upgrade" they said. Wrong.
Date created: 2016-08-24 Name: G Kerr
Location: Missouri

"TPX valve"
Everyone make sure you don't overcharge your unit when servicing or repairing. It will mess up valves and sometimes cause leaks in the system no matter the brand name.
Date created: 2016-08-11 Name: Richard Stansfield
Location: Rincon, GA

"Leaking AHU coil"
Unit is only 15 months old. The AHU coil is leaking and needs to be replaced. The serviceman says this common.
Date created: 2016-07-20 Name: M. G.
Location: Richmond, VA

"Garbage"
Just bought my house. The home inspection a few months ago didn't reveal any issues with the HVAC. The units were Carrier so I thought they'd be good. Boywas I wrong. The house was built in the 1920s and remodeled down to the studs in 2011. Units were manufactured in March 2011 and installed in October 2011. Found a receipt for a tpx valve replacement the previous owner paid for in August 2015 at a cost of almost $1,300. Now in July 2016 the compressor for the same unit is fubared (the jacket it was wrapped in had burn marks) and needs to be replaced with an out-of-pocket cost of nearly $1,000. The P.O.S. is still covered by Carrier's 5 year parts warranty until October, but the labor is on me. Welcome to the neighborhood, at least I know to never buy Carrier when this piece of junk inevitably blows up and needs to be replaced in a year or two.