Consumer Reviews of Bryant heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about Bryant heat pumps

Date created: 2010-10-27 Name: Jeff Deringer
Location: Camas, Wa

"Mine has been fantastic"
I have a nice shop for antique cars that is fully insulated and I installed a Bryant heat pump over 10 years ago. I really don't pay attention to it, and don't have it serviced like I should, but it runs without fault. No problems at all in that time. Sometimes we get up to 3 feet of snow. I have to go outside my home and clear it all away from my 2 heat pumps for them to work properly. Meanwhile, the Bryant for the shop sits buried in a snow drift, working fine. I wish my home units were Bryant. I beleive the people who say that the installation and set up are 90% of the future reliability of the units.

Date created: 2010-10-19 Name: art crane
Location: newport ,nc

"24 year old heat pump 1986"
Wow,thanks for a great run. my local a/c man has had to replace 1 capasitor 2 or 3 fan motors. 2 years ago he said you might start thinking on replacing. still thinking i am going bryant. a great tech is the key and hard to find. he will be the one i listen too!

Date created: 2010-09-30 Name: Bazelais Jean Pierre
Location: Englewood NJ 07631

"Extremely the best product to utilize"
After a decade of using 24/7 is still untuchable. Now I believe in this product.If any one tells me this product is lifetime guaranty right now after a decade plus,I will finally say yes is true.

Date created: 2010-06-22 Name: R.S.W.

"Money saver"
Very nice unit. WOW! What a money saver. Dropped my electric bill 30%. Nice and quiet and good air flow.

Date created: 2010-05-22 Name: Jen

"Don't Bother!"
We had this unit for three years almost to the day. It first started off giving the incorrect temperature reading outside (Saying it was over 70 when there was snow on the ground). It progressed to finally saying a sensor error. Was finally able to find a tech that services Bryant to come out and they replaced the sensor. Then another board failed, then another and another and 1000$ later it was determined that the whole system needs to be replaced! It cost more per month to operate this hunk of junk than our old antiquated Tempstar. Don't bother with this brand. The more I research a new heat pump system, the more I see other disgruntled Bryant owners.

Date created: 2010-05-08 Name: B. Giddings

" NO WARRANTY HELP"
Upon getting my spring inspection, I was told the coils were leaking. No problem, they are under warranty. The cost to me to get a warranty item changed is $1000.00 (actually, $990.00) I am told that Bryant no longer accepts any cost sharing on warranty. The coils are assembled in China (Are we surprised?). The factory rep for this area has not returned my call. The consumer is being taken advantage of in America. No wonder that Bryant is rated 9 out of 10!!!

Date created: 2010-03-17 Name: JP

"No more heat pumps"
I replaced my complete HVAC system in 06 with a Bryant furnace and heat pump. Thank goodness for the warranty and the maintenance program that I maintain with the company, otherwise I would not have been able to afford the repairs after spending nearly $7000 on the system. I thought buying a heat pump was a smart decision, but it turned out to be the worst I have ever made. Efficiency is not worth the aggravation. I have not had a good night's sleep during the winter months since it's installation. Many nights, I put the furnace on emergency heat just to have a peaceful evening. Even the neighbors have commented on how much noise this system makes. As I prepare to purchase a new HVAC system for a rental property, neither a heat pump or Bryant will be in the equation.

Date created: 2010-01-29 Name: Art

"Pretty poor"
Top of the line unit never worked properly. What makes us angry is the fact that we found out too late that Bryant will never speak directly with a consumer, only an authorized dealer.

Date created: 2010-01-05 Name: Timothy Franco

"This is the worst piece of crap"
I don't know who let these things be sold but shame on them! I've put over a grand into this junk and my repairman still cant figure it out.

Date created: 2009-12-31 Name: James P Higgins

"Happy camper"
We were met and set up by a caring (installer) Bryant rep from Lincoln NE. He answered a barrage of questions explaining the pros and cons for getting a heat pump instead of just an air conditioner. He then figured up all the particulars needed to balance the system for maximum efficiency, then sent all the info to get it looked at by a Bryant system engineer. We also installed a natural gas backup furnace as well as the heat pump. Over the years, we have had only had 2 service calls in 15 years and that was because the freon was low. We are elated that we bought from Bryant and would recommend a system to anyone. I keep the unit clean and cleared of snow and vegetation and have no complaints at all.