Consumer Reviews of Bryant heat pumps

Read more about Bryant heat pumps

Date created: 2011-01-06 Name: R. Cordon
Location: Raleigh, NC

"Happy in Raleigh"
I purchased a new home in Dec 2008 that had 2 Bryant heat pumps with gas back-up. In over 2 years we have had absolutely no problems. Nice quiet operation, keeps temperature balanced through-out home. I never know when it is working unless I put my hand over the vent or go look at the units. We are heating and cooling over 5000 sf for the same cost as our previous 3000 sf house. A good installation is the KEY. Not sure what the future will hold, but it's looking good so far!!

Date created: 2011-01-06 Name: Hoosier Bob
Location: A hood near you !

"She finally gave the ghost"
Well 4 years ago I had a wire chafe and it exposed the wire and grounded to the suction pipe which in turn blew all the refrigerant out. Repair the hole, repaired the wire, installed new bi flow dryer and she ran great. Well the end finally came after 17 years she gave the ghost, compressor locked up. Cant complain, other than two defrost boards, 2 capacitors a couple of set of contactor (preventative maintenance) its been a stellar unit. Going to replace the compressor in it. If I get 5 more years out it I have no gripes. Its been up until this point a fairly good unit. If you do the maintenance they will go a very long time. In my case, the compressor plug burnt up and im sure the hole in the line a couple of years ago took allot of life out of the compressor. But I got my monies worth no doubt !

Date created: 2010-12-14 Name: J. Harris
Location: Ocala, FL

"Where Can You Get an Answer"
My htg & cooling was installed 2 yrs ago. Durning the first heating cycle my compressor made noise like a gun on rapid fire or a gas engine about to throw a rod. I contacted my dealer/installer (arthz Bryant dealer) and related the issue, a tech was sent out and told me this a completely normal occurance when the unit is in heat mode. Okay, give the professonal benifit of the doubt. I have had heat pumps for the past 30 yrs and never heard one make this kind of noise. I contacted Bryant HQ (email)and related the issue. Bryant emailed back to contact my dealer because they have access to engineering and other tech support and would be able to answer my questions. Sent another message to Bryant saying the dealer does not consider this to be a problem; why should I expect a different answer to same question? All I am trying to find out is this considered normal for my ac/heat pump? You would think the manafacturer could answer that question. Totally pi----. JH

Date created: 2010-11-23 Name: G Reven
Location: Elizabethtown, Pa

"5 Ton Model 661C Standard Heat"
We bought our log home in 2004. It has Bryant a 5 Ton Model 661C Standard Heat Pump (Cube)--(up to 10 SEER and 8 HSPF). We have not had any problems with it since we moved in. The unti was installed in Aug 1999 and still going strong. Only had to have capacitor changed. Was thinking of getting a new one but not sure what to do yet.

Date created: 2010-10-27 Name: Jeff Deringer
Location: Camas, Wa

"Mine has been fantastic"
I have a nice shop for antique cars that is fully insulated and I installed a Bryant heat pump over 10 years ago. I really don't pay attention to it, and don't have it serviced like I should, but it runs without fault. No problems at all in that time. Sometimes we get up to 3 feet of snow. I have to go outside my home and clear it all away from my 2 heat pumps for them to work properly. Meanwhile, the Bryant for the shop sits buried in a snow drift, working fine. I wish my home units were Bryant. I beleive the people who say that the installation and set up are 90% of the future reliability of the units.

Date created: 2010-10-19 Name: art crane
Location: newport ,nc

"24 year old heat pump 1986"
Wow,thanks for a great run. my local a/c man has had to replace 1 capasitor 2 or 3 fan motors. 2 years ago he said you might start thinking on replacing. still thinking i am going bryant. a great tech is the key and hard to find. he will be the one i listen too!

Date created: 2010-09-30 Name: Bazelais Jean Pierre
Location: Englewood NJ 07631

"Extremely the best product to utilize"
After a decade of using 24/7 is still untuchable. Now I believe in this product.If any one tells me this product is lifetime guaranty right now after a decade plus,I will finally say yes is true.

Date created: 2010-06-22 Name: R.S.W.

"Money saver"
Very nice unit. WOW! What a money saver. Dropped my electric bill 30%. Nice and quiet and good air flow.

Date created: 2010-05-22 Name: Jen

"Don't Bother!"
We had this unit for three years almost to the day. It first started off giving the incorrect temperature reading outside (Saying it was over 70 when there was snow on the ground). It progressed to finally saying a sensor error. Was finally able to find a tech that services Bryant to come out and they replaced the sensor. Then another board failed, then another and another and 1000$ later it was determined that the whole system needs to be replaced! It cost more per month to operate this hunk of junk than our old antiquated Tempstar. Don't bother with this brand. The more I research a new heat pump system, the more I see other disgruntled Bryant owners.

Date created: 2010-05-08 Name: B. Giddings

" NO WARRANTY HELP"
Upon getting my spring inspection, I was told the coils were leaking. No problem, they are under warranty. The cost to me to get a warranty item changed is $1000.00 (actually, $990.00) I am told that Bryant no longer accepts any cost sharing on warranty. The coils are assembled in China (Are we surprised?). The factory rep for this area has not returned my call. The consumer is being taken advantage of in America. No wonder that Bryant is rated 9 out of 10!!!