Consumer Reviews of Bryant heat pumps

Read more about Bryant heat pumps

Date created: 2011-10-25 Name: J. McCray
Location: Burley, ID

"Ground Source Heat Pump"
This Bryant 50YE unit was a new installation and has been in service just over 1 year. In that time there have been 4 service calls and 2 component failures on this unit. The last failure the compressor got so hot that it melted all labels, and plastic components. We were very lucky it did not start a fire and burn down our new home. Our local dealer did an excellent job of installation and does a good job with the service calls, I am just tired to seeing the technician so many times. When I talked with the Bryant customer service people, they were not very helpful and they told me they don't even make the unit. It is built by Climate Master. What get's under my skin is they will not stand behind their name and replace a clearly defective unit. When I spend 25k on a piece of equipment, I expect to have confidence that it will operate correctly and the safety systems will protect my home. This is clearly not the case and Bryant is not willing to step up and see that we are a satisfied customer. If there is another failure, I am afraid I will be forced to pull this unit out and look for a more reliable brand. Bryant is clearly not it, I wish I had found this website before making the purchase.

Date created: 2011-10-12 Name: Elizabeth
Location: Seattle, WA

"Loud heat pump"
We bought our heat pump because it seemed like a better choice than oil or gas. We chose Bryant because of superior reviews in Consumer Reports. But I can't believe how loud it is. Buzzing, droning loud. We live in a relatively quiet neighborhood of small lots, and it's loud enough that our neighbors could file a noise complaint with the city if they chose (the limit is 55 decibels). We can't use it at night, so we use the electric backup - no cost savings over oil, in the long run. I can't believe these things are legal in cities.

Date created: 2011-08-27 Name: Ron
Location: sarasota fl

"Ron"
Unit was installed in home built in 2004. Have had a couple of service calls, one for a leak, another for a fried switch. Other than that, no problems. Moreover, I had the identical Bryan heat pump in a house I owned for 12 years. Again, a couple of service call repair issues, but it was still functioning well when I sold the home in 2004. Overall, my experience has been pretty positive with Bryant. I do have regular preventative maintenance checkups and service done.

Date created: 2011-07-24 Name: FAS
Location: phoenix,az

"Heat pump"
Multiple breakdowns, puron leak, compressor failure after 3yrs.

Date created: 2011-06-16 Location: lillington, nc

"A heat pump with a short life."
I have owned this heating pump for 2 years, I dislike that it is noisy and continuously leaks freon. It doesn't evenly disperse heat around the house. It runs continuously without turning off resulting in a huge electric bill. It only has a one year warranty so I've had to pay all of the repair bills out of pocket. I would not recommend this brand to a friend coworker or anyone.

Date created: 2011-05-06 Location: Indianapolis, IN

"Short Life Heat Pumps"
I have had this heat pump since moving into my newly constructed home in 2002. It has given me problems since I moved in. It has leaked Freon, frozen over, heats and cools unevenly. It has ran continuously without shutting off, which is a malfunction of the unit. It also has a limited one year warranty. This means that when it starting malfunctioning I had to come out of pocket and it was very expensive. The repairs were a result of the issues specified above and occurred right after the warranty expired and has continued for 9 years. Also the repairman informed me that the size unit I have is too small for this size home. So I am paying a huge electric bill each month I have it on. I would never recommend Bryant heat put to anyone and hopefully within a year I can either get a Trane unit or move.

Date created: 2011-02-25 Name: Gordon Richardson
Location: Spring Hill TN

"OK unit for TN"
The unit in my house was built in 1993 and has been a solid performer until the last 2 years. It is wore out from the 90 plus days month after month.

Date created: 2011-02-04 Name: James Birdwell
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana

"Outside unit noisey"
Two weeks ago I had a Bryant Heat Pump installed at my home. I am very disapointed at the loud moans and groans the outside unit makes when going from one cycle mode to another. I previously had a Trane Heat Pump and was very satisfied with it. I am not looking forward to having to hear the noise the new one makes for the next 15 years if it lasts that long.

Date created: 2011-01-31 Name: R. Cleaveland
Location: Lagrange, Ga

"Really disappointed"
We installed a zone system Bryant unit (approx.12- K) using Jackson Heat and Air in 2007. Within 1 month, unit overheated and technician came out and ran water over compressor for a long period to cool it down and said it would be ok , especially since it has a 10 year warranty. Have had to have the technician come out 3 more times when unit shut down in 3 1/2 years and today they are installing a new compressor ( parts free - labor $725.00 plus $80.00 to diagnose the problem on last Friday.) Requested a Trane unit in the beginning - was told that a Bryant "was just as good".

Date created: 2011-01-31 Name: Pi$$ed in Ky
Location: Christian County, Ky

"Huge monthly loss"
I had an old 3.5 ton trane system in the house the finally seen its better days. Keep in mind, this unit is old and inefficient, with my electric kwh usage around 2000-2500 per month in the peak season. Had this new Bryant 5 ton unit put in, supposed to be the most energy efficient, top quality unit, best of everything 16 seer unit. I understand the unit is bigger and will take a little more energy than the old, but the systems efficiency should off set the cost a little. THINK AGAIN! First bill for 2.5 weeks of usage, my energy consumption tripled! We are going on a full months usage this month and at 18 days we have met the kwh usage from last month. Estimate our energy consumption will be 5 times of our old unit. 8000+ kwh usage a month? Come on! And the contractor seems not to be too interested in determining the problem. TVA says it's a real efficient system. For who Donald Trump? Energy saver my a$$! Neighbor has a 5 ton system of a different brand, his energy consumption was a 1/4 of mine.