Consumer Reviews of Bryant heat pumps

Read more about Bryant heat pumps

Date created: 2012-07-17 Name: M. Blackburn
Location: Dallas, GA

"Nothing but issues"
We built out house in 2007. On the first run the blower motor burnt out. Its continued from there. From faulty wiring, to blowing fuses. Strip heat unit replaced twice. Not holding a charge. Freezing up because of damper motors burning out. 4 different damper motor replacements. Condensation pump backed up and not receiving voltage (numerous times). Well as of last Friday the heat pump stopped cooling. Tech came out yesterday. Condenser or reversing valve is burnt out, can't be sure until its fixed. $2000.00 Condenser is still under warranty but the valve is $800.00. I called the Bryant manufacturing Co. and was basically told they cant help me. First he blamed it on the builders, then the installers, who happen to be one of their own reps, but they aren't responsible for their work. I have been getting the run around since day one, telling me they have to work the kinks out because its a brand new model. Kevin(Bryant customer service) also told me I was imagining the bad reviews that I have found online about Bryant. The tech yesterday told me I'd be better off replacing the outside and inside unit with a different brand. Then come to find out the crazy high electric bills (over $500.) I've been having was because of the reversing valve. Ridiculous! I will never recommend Bryant, and I will make sure I let everyone I know just how much they do not appreciate their customers, and how they do not even back there own merchandise!

Date created: 2012-06-29 Name: JAMES RAMOS
Location: Ocala fl

"Good Bryant Heat Pump"
I had this Heat-pump since I moved here over 18 years ago and still running strong. I'm afraid that most of this units when installed by unprofessionals greedy contractors leads to faulty equipment- I have an hvac certifications from the local college and work for a couple of different companies doing service and installations and this people do not in anyway do a good job. I would not let any company in Ocala Florida do an new install for me except for ACDone rite. I believe this is the company the College instructor owns. I'm going to get another unit but it would be install by me along. I'm going to stay away from Goodman and York. I fixed too many of them to know which ones to stay away from. I would like to buy the same brand I have,-which is made by Carrier. By the way no one has ever work on my ac unit but myself.

Date created: 2012-05-02 Name: Dean Graham
Location: Indianapolis Indiana

"Thought We Bought The Best"
We are now on our third service call ranging from humidifier problems with leaking. Now we have been three days without our heat pump because of control board issues and valve problems. I wish I would have visited this site prior to my purchase. I certainly would have not made Bryant my choice for a heat pump unit.

Date created: 2012-04-21 Name: Jim C.
Location: Eastern Shore, Maryland

"Installer Errors Give a Real Bad Name!"
I am a factory authorized dealer, reading many of the reviews on here. Sounds more like the installing company created the problems listed more than Bryant themselves! As a factory authorized dealer I must tell you, after several hundred installs, very, very few problems and even less complaints. If the installing company were true to the word, most complaints listed would simply disappear. I refer to those companies as schmucks, that don't stand behind the warranties. Email me at home- [email protected] if you ever have any questions about a Bryant product, no matter where you live. If installed correctly, they are awesome!!!

Date created: 2012-04-17 Name: Walter. K.
Location: Frederick, MD

"It is not the BRAND, it is the HVAC installer that makes these units fail."
What I can summarize for you is that most technicians really do not completely comprehend the concept of refrigeration and their training is based on Monkey-see, Monkey-do philosophy. This directly results in incorrect ac/hp installations, and maintenance. The premature death of ac/hp compressors are often direct result of incorrect installation or Overcharging/Undercharging practices plaguing this industry. Furthermore, my research shows that most brands (industry-wide) have a lot of Freon leakage problem reported (during 2003 to 2008) with their ac/hp units independent of their reputation or unit cost mainly due to low quality copper tubing used (industry-wide) for the construction of the indoor and outdoor unit coils. Hence all these unsatisfied customers reporting problems with their units (independent of the brand used) is the direct result of poor copper tubing by the copper supplier and the ac manufacturers’ material quality control staff. So, if you bought Carrier, Lennox, Goodman, Train, etc. They all suffer from this poor copper tubing. Some top companies quickly changed their products with aluminum coils, which resulted in higher cost and higher reliability. However, be aware of just seeing the aluminum color, does not make it an aluminum coil, most manufactures are wrapping thin aluminum fins around the copper coils for higher heat dissipation and they may still suffer from the poor copper coil issues. Bottom line: Buy a good reputable brand (Carrier, Train, etc.) that will provide you with the replacement parts few years down the line, and avoid low-end suppliers.

Date created: 2012-02-23 Name: Deb
Location: Guyton

"Won't stand by warranty"
Almost had a fire under my house because of burnt electrical wiring in air handler. Just yesterday, I was told parts were covered. Now today I'm being told they aren't sure. House was a new house, not occupied until 2008. Unit is 2006. They knew that yesterday when they told me the warranty still had time on it. Apparently their warranties start to run before you even run the equipment. Customer support was rude and unhelpful.

Date created: 2012-02-13 Name: braut
Location: in

"Bryant do not buy it."
We moved into an old house with an old unit and because the contractor recommended to get a new unit, we got a Bryant High E. so we could save some money. We got a 2500 sq f. home and before the usage was around 1500 kw at the peak. AFTER we had the unit we jumped to 4500kw!!!!!! Now, I had to convince my husband that that was over the top. So we called the Service. Well, the unit burned, exchange and - after 3 month again. Next winter we had the same and the same. We pay now with back up heat/electric $ 200 more than before.... we live in IN. Ariane

Date created: 2012-01-18 Name: l. abel
Location: Goodyear Az

"Bryant's New High Effeciency w/A410 Freon"
Greetings, please, please, please do not buy Bryant...Purchased unit in 2009, year and half later no heat, called and repair (said freon leak in tube going to gauge was leaking) Precision Air charged me $600 bucks (now parts and labor are suppose to be free w/contract but freon is not part of that) Unit holds 17lbs...Here we are exactly one year later and again same thing, called another tech company...Found out unit actually has pinhole leak in coil which may be fixed but he tells me he is always fixing these and they always leak because it is high pressure (ok, so the tech is my neighbor and he works for an air conditioning company, he showed me on the roof and we are good friends so I do trust him) He tells me the system has a safety that will shut unit heating and cooling about half way as safety to save system...WHAT A lemon...i wish someone would start a class action on this unit...Especially if the repair people know exactly whats wrong the second they see what unit it is

Date created: 2011-12-05 Name: Clifton Jackson
Location: Virginia

"Unhappy"
Own a Bryant heat pump systxbbu1d01b two years. Had 2 service calls costing me $400.00 labor. Parts covered by warranty. Nothing but problems warrant stinks. DO Not buy a bryant.

Date created: 2011-11-27 Location: WArner Robins Ga

"Decent Heat Pump"
My heat pump is about 8 years old. It has been repaired twice, one the fan motor went out and the other the blower motor went out. Totaled $700+ in repairs. Unit seems to be under powered for my 2300sf home as its runs constantly. Always have it checked every year and everything is good. I would not purchase this unit again, I would definitely rather get a Trane or something more reliable.