Consumer Reviews of Bryant heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about Bryant heat pumps

Date created: 2012-04-21 Name: Jim C.
Location: Eastern Shore, Maryland

"Installer Errors Give a Real Bad Name!"
I am a factory authorized dealer, reading many of the reviews on here. Sounds more like the installing company created the problems listed more than Bryant themselves! As a factory authorized dealer I must tell you, after several hundred installs, very, very few problems and even less complaints. If the installing company were true to the word, most complaints listed would simply disappear. I refer to those companies as schmucks, that don't stand behind the warranties. Email me at home- comfort@live.com if you ever have any questions about a Bryant product, no matter where you live. If installed correctly, they are awesome!!!

Date created: 2012-04-17 Name: Walter. K.
Location: Frederick, MD

"It is not the BRAND, it is the HVAC installer that makes these units fail."
What I can summarize for you is that most technicians really do not completely comprehend the concept of refrigeration and their training is based on Monkey-see, Monkey-do philosophy. This directly results in incorrect ac/hp installations, and maintenance. The premature death of ac/hp compressors are often direct result of incorrect installation or Overcharging/Undercharging practices plaguing this industry. Furthermore, my research shows that most brands (industry-wide) have a lot of Freon leakage problem reported (during 2003 to 2008) with their ac/hp units independent of their reputation or unit cost mainly due to low quality copper tubing used (industry-wide) for the construction of the indoor and outdoor unit coils. Hence all these unsatisfied customers reporting problems with their units (independent of the brand used) is the direct result of poor copper tubing by the copper supplier and the ac manufacturers’ material quality control staff. So, if you bought Carrier, Lennox, Goodman, Train, etc. They all suffer from this poor copper tubing. Some top companies quickly changed their products with aluminum coils, which resulted in higher cost and higher reliability. However, be aware of just seeing the aluminum color, does not make it an aluminum coil, most manufactures are wrapping thin aluminum fins around the copper coils for higher heat dissipation and they may still suffer from the poor copper coil issues. Bottom line: Buy a good reputable brand (Carrier, Train, etc.) that will provide you with the replacement parts few years down the line, and avoid low-end suppliers.

Date created: 2012-02-23 Name: Deb
Location: Guyton

"Won't stand by warranty"
Almost had a fire under my house because of burnt electrical wiring in air handler. Just yesterday, I was told parts were covered. Now today I'm being told they aren't sure. House was a new house, not occupied until 2008. Unit is 2006. They knew that yesterday when they told me the warranty still had time on it. Apparently their warranties start to run before you even run the equipment. Customer support was rude and unhelpful.

Date created: 2012-02-13 Name: braut
Location: in

"Bryant do not buy it."
We moved into an old house with an old unit and because the contractor recommended to get a new unit, we got a Bryant High E. so we could save some money. We got a 2500 sq f. home and before the usage was around 1500 kw at the peak. AFTER we had the unit we jumped to 4500kw!!!!!! Now, I had to convince my husband that that was over the top. So we called the Service. Well, the unit burned, exchange and - after 3 month again. Next winter we had the same and the same. We pay now with back up heat/electric $ 200 more than before.... we live in IN. Ariane

Date created: 2012-01-18 Name: l. abel
Location: Goodyear Az

"Bryant's New High Effeciency w/A410 Freon"
Greetings, please, please, please do not buy Bryant...Purchased unit in 2009, year and half later no heat, called and repair (said freon leak in tube going to gauge was leaking) Precision Air charged me $600 bucks (now parts and labor are suppose to be free w/contract but freon is not part of that) Unit holds 17lbs...Here we are exactly one year later and again same thing, called another tech company...Found out unit actually has pinhole leak in coil which may be fixed but he tells me he is always fixing these and they always leak because it is high pressure (ok, so the tech is my neighbor and he works for an air conditioning company, he showed me on the roof and we are good friends so I do trust him) He tells me the system has a safety that will shut unit heating and cooling about half way as safety to save system...WHAT A lemon...i wish someone would start a class action on this unit...Especially if the repair people know exactly whats wrong the second they see what unit it is

Date created: 2011-12-05 Name: Clifton Jackson
Location: Virginia

"Unhappy"
Own a Bryant heat pump systxbbu1d01b two years. Had 2 service calls costing me $400.00 labor. Parts covered by warranty. Nothing but problems warrant stinks. DO Not buy a bryant.

Date created: 2011-11-27 Location: WArner Robins Ga

"Decent Heat Pump"
My heat pump is about 8 years old. It has been repaired twice, one the fan motor went out and the other the blower motor went out. Totaled $700+ in repairs. Unit seems to be under powered for my 2300sf home as its runs constantly. Always have it checked every year and everything is good. I would not purchase this unit again, I would definitely rather get a Trane or something more reliable.

Date created: 2011-10-25 Name: J. McCray
Location: Burley, ID

"Ground Source Heat Pump"
This Bryant 50YE unit was a new installation and has been in service just over 1 year. In that time there have been 4 service calls and 2 component failures on this unit. The last failure the compressor got so hot that it melted all labels, and plastic components. We were very lucky it did not start a fire and burn down our new home. Our local dealer did an excellent job of installation and does a good job with the service calls, I am just tired to seeing the technician so many times. When I talked with the Bryant customer service people, they were not very helpful and they told me they don't even make the unit. It is built by Climate Master. What get's under my skin is they will not stand behind their name and replace a clearly defective unit. When I spend 25k on a piece of equipment, I expect to have confidence that it will operate correctly and the safety systems will protect my home. This is clearly not the case and Bryant is not willing to step up and see that we are a satisfied customer. If there is another failure, I am afraid I will be forced to pull this unit out and look for a more reliable brand. Bryant is clearly not it, I wish I had found this website before making the purchase.

Date created: 2011-10-12 Name: Elizabeth
Location: Seattle, WA

"Loud heat pump"
We bought our heat pump because it seemed like a better choice than oil or gas. We chose Bryant because of superior reviews in Consumer Reports. But I can't believe how loud it is. Buzzing, droning loud. We live in a relatively quiet neighborhood of small lots, and it's loud enough that our neighbors could file a noise complaint with the city if they chose (the limit is 55 decibels). We can't use it at night, so we use the electric backup - no cost savings over oil, in the long run. I can't believe these things are legal in cities.

Date created: 2011-08-27 Name: Ron
Location: sarasota fl

"Ron"
Unit was installed in home built in 2004. Have had a couple of service calls, one for a leak, another for a fried switch. Other than that, no problems. Moreover, I had the identical Bryan heat pump in a house I owned for 12 years. Again, a couple of service call repair issues, but it was still functioning well when I sold the home in 2004. Overall, my experience has been pretty positive with Bryant. I do have regular preventative maintenance checkups and service done.