Consumer Reviews of Bryant heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about Bryant heat pumps

Date created: 2013-01-17 Name: C Parkin
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

"38 yo Bryant"
I have a Bryant 4-ton over/under heat pump that was installed in 1973. The unit worked flawlessly for many years, had regular annual maintenance but finally died just before Christmas 2012. I am not fixing it due to lack of oem parts and that it operates around a 6 seer. Looking forward to my new unit being installed later this month.

Date created: 2012-11-28 Name: Betty
Location: va

"Don't Do It"
Nothing but problems... First time the ac was on it flooded the downstairs. Did it 3 times before tech found out what it was from. The defrost on unit is set at 30 minutes -- it cuts on and off all the time (I timed it). It was on cut off came back on it within 5 minutes and blows cold air when it's in defrost. Had it installed in March and so far its had 6+ service calls on it

Date created: 2012-10-08 Name: Troy
Location: Franklin, IN

"3 Years no Problems"
3 years no problems. Lowered electric bill and is very quiet!

Date created: 2012-09-04 Name: D LEVY
Location: PITTSBURGH,PA

"BRYANT HEAT PUMP SYSTEMS"
I have had bryant systems since 1992, put two new 'state of the art' heat pump systems in my new house (2008) and they are both crap, crap, crap. I have had my 5 ton unit rebuilt three times - working on the fourth compressor in (4) years. My 3.5 ton unit is about to fail and has a leak in the unit almost every year. I will never, ever buy another bryant product - they do not back up their product and from the looks at the reviews - they knew their product was crap.

Date created: 2012-07-17 Name: M. Blackburn
Location: Dallas, GA

"Nothing but issues"
We built out house in 2007. On the first run the blower motor burnt out. Its continued from there. From faulty wiring, to blowing fuses. Strip heat unit replaced twice. Not holding a charge. Freezing up because of damper motors burning out. 4 different damper motor replacements. Condensation pump backed up and not receiving voltage (numerous times). Well as of last Friday the heat pump stopped cooling. Tech came out yesterday. Condenser or reversing valve is burnt out, can't be sure until its fixed. $2000.00 Condenser is still under warranty but the valve is $800.00. I called the Bryant manufacturing Co. and was basically told they cant help me. First he blamed it on the builders, then the installers, who happen to be one of their own reps, but they aren't responsible for their work. I have been getting the run around since day one, telling me they have to work the kinks out because its a brand new model. Kevin(Bryant customer service) also told me I was imagining the bad reviews that I have found online about Bryant. The tech yesterday told me I'd be better off replacing the outside and inside unit with a different brand. Then come to find out the crazy high electric bills (over $500.) I've been having was because of the reversing valve. Ridiculous! I will never recommend Bryant, and I will make sure I let everyone I know just how much they do not appreciate their customers, and how they do not even back there own merchandise!

Date created: 2012-06-29 Name: JAMES RAMOS
Location: Ocala fl

"Good Bryant Heat Pump"
I had this Heat-pump since I moved here over 18 years ago and still running strong. I'm afraid that most of this units when installed by unprofessionals greedy contractors leads to faulty equipment- I have an hvac certifications from the local college and work for a couple of different companies doing service and installations and this people do not in anyway do a good job. I would not let any company in Ocala Florida do an new install for me except for ACDone rite. I believe this is the company the College instructor owns. I'm going to get another unit but it would be install by me along. I'm going to stay away from Goodman and York. I fixed too many of them to know which ones to stay away from. I would like to buy the same brand I have,-which is made by Carrier. By the way no one has ever work on my ac unit but myself.

Date created: 2012-05-02 Name: Dean Graham
Location: Indianapolis Indiana

"Thought We Bought The Best"
We are now on our third service call ranging from humidifier problems with leaking. Now we have been three days without our heat pump because of control board issues and valve problems. I wish I would have visited this site prior to my purchase. I certainly would have not made Bryant my choice for a heat pump unit.

Date created: 2012-04-21 Name: Jim C.
Location: Eastern Shore, Maryland

"Installer Errors Give a Real Bad Name!"
I am a factory authorized dealer, reading many of the reviews on here. Sounds more like the installing company created the problems listed more than Bryant themselves! As a factory authorized dealer I must tell you, after several hundred installs, very, very few problems and even less complaints. If the installing company were true to the word, most complaints listed would simply disappear. I refer to those companies as schmucks, that don't stand behind the warranties. Email me at home- [email protected] if you ever have any questions about a Bryant product, no matter where you live. If installed correctly, they are awesome!!!

Date created: 2012-04-17 Name: Walter. K.
Location: Frederick, MD

"It is not the BRAND, it is the HVAC installer that makes these units fail."
What I can summarize for you is that most technicians really do not completely comprehend the concept of refrigeration and their training is based on Monkey-see, Monkey-do philosophy. This directly results in incorrect ac/hp installations, and maintenance. The premature death of ac/hp compressors are often direct result of incorrect installation or Overcharging/Undercharging practices plaguing this industry. Furthermore, my research shows that most brands (industry-wide) have a lot of Freon leakage problem reported (during 2003 to 2008) with their ac/hp units independent of their reputation or unit cost mainly due to low quality copper tubing used (industry-wide) for the construction of the indoor and outdoor unit coils. Hence all these unsatisfied customers reporting problems with their units (independent of the brand used) is the direct result of poor copper tubing by the copper supplier and the ac manufacturers’ material quality control staff. So, if you bought Carrier, Lennox, Goodman, Train, etc. They all suffer from this poor copper tubing. Some top companies quickly changed their products with aluminum coils, which resulted in higher cost and higher reliability. However, be aware of just seeing the aluminum color, does not make it an aluminum coil, most manufactures are wrapping thin aluminum fins around the copper coils for higher heat dissipation and they may still suffer from the poor copper coil issues. Bottom line: Buy a good reputable brand (Carrier, Train, etc.) that will provide you with the replacement parts few years down the line, and avoid low-end suppliers.

Date created: 2012-02-23 Name: Deb
Location: Guyton

"Won't stand by warranty"
Almost had a fire under my house because of burnt electrical wiring in air handler. Just yesterday, I was told parts were covered. Now today I'm being told they aren't sure. House was a new house, not occupied until 2008. Unit is 2006. They knew that yesterday when they told me the warranty still had time on it. Apparently their warranties start to run before you even run the equipment. Customer support was rude and unhelpful.