Consumer Reviews of Bryant heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about Bryant heat pumps

Date created: 2013-03-25 Name: W Smith
Location: Richmond Virginia

"Very Noisy"
I live in a brand new apartment complex that has the Bryant heat pumps and I have seen them freeze up (not good) leak freon and they make a very loud noise when starting up. I thought the noise was just mine at first and it was having problems, but after walking around the complex others are doing the same thing. I have lived in other places over the years and have never experienced the irritating noise this one makes and the always seem to install these things next to your bedroom. Would not recommend Bryant. Get a Trane or York.

Date created: 2013-01-17 Name: C Parkin
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

"38 yo Bryant"
I have a Bryant 4-ton over/under heat pump that was installed in 1973. The unit worked flawlessly for many years, had regular annual maintenance but finally died just before Christmas 2012. I am not fixing it due to lack of oem parts and that it operates around a 6 seer. Looking forward to my new unit being installed later this month.

Date created: 2012-11-28 Name: Betty
Location: va

"Don't Do It"
Nothing but problems... First time the ac was on it flooded the downstairs. Did it 3 times before tech found out what it was from. The defrost on unit is set at 30 minutes -- it cuts on and off all the time (I timed it). It was on cut off came back on it within 5 minutes and blows cold air when it's in defrost. Had it installed in March and so far its had 6+ service calls on it

Date created: 2012-10-08 Name: Troy
Location: Franklin, IN

"3 Years no Problems"
3 years no problems. Lowered electric bill and is very quiet!

Date created: 2012-09-04 Name: D LEVY
Location: PITTSBURGH,PA

"BRYANT HEAT PUMP SYSTEMS"
I have had bryant systems since 1992, put two new 'state of the art' heat pump systems in my new house (2008) and they are both crap, crap, crap. I have had my 5 ton unit rebuilt three times - working on the fourth compressor in (4) years. My 3.5 ton unit is about to fail and has a leak in the unit almost every year. I will never, ever buy another bryant product - they do not back up their product and from the looks at the reviews - they knew their product was crap.

Date created: 2012-07-17 Name: M. Blackburn
Location: Dallas, GA

"Nothing but issues"
We built out house in 2007. On the first run the blower motor burnt out. Its continued from there. From faulty wiring, to blowing fuses. Strip heat unit replaced twice. Not holding a charge. Freezing up because of damper motors burning out. 4 different damper motor replacements. Condensation pump backed up and not receiving voltage (numerous times). Well as of last Friday the heat pump stopped cooling. Tech came out yesterday. Condenser or reversing valve is burnt out, can't be sure until its fixed. $2000.00 Condenser is still under warranty but the valve is $800.00. I called the Bryant manufacturing Co. and was basically told they cant help me. First he blamed it on the builders, then the installers, who happen to be one of their own reps, but they aren't responsible for their work. I have been getting the run around since day one, telling me they have to work the kinks out because its a brand new model. Kevin(Bryant customer service) also told me I was imagining the bad reviews that I have found online about Bryant. The tech yesterday told me I'd be better off replacing the outside and inside unit with a different brand. Then come to find out the crazy high electric bills (over $500.) I've been having was because of the reversing valve. Ridiculous! I will never recommend Bryant, and I will make sure I let everyone I know just how much they do not appreciate their customers, and how they do not even back there own merchandise!

Date created: 2012-06-29 Name: JAMES RAMOS
Location: Ocala fl

"Good Bryant Heat Pump"
I had this Heat-pump since I moved here over 18 years ago and still running strong. I'm afraid that most of this units when installed by unprofessionals greedy contractors leads to faulty equipment- I have an hvac certifications from the local college and work for a couple of different companies doing service and installations and this people do not in anyway do a good job. I would not let any company in Ocala Florida do an new install for me except for ACDone rite. I believe this is the company the College instructor owns. I'm going to get another unit but it would be install by me along. I'm going to stay away from Goodman and York. I fixed too many of them to know which ones to stay away from. I would like to buy the same brand I have,-which is made by Carrier. By the way no one has ever work on my ac unit but myself.

Date created: 2012-06-13 Name: Robert Marion
Location: Glendale, AZ

"Bryant Preferred Line 5 ton"
Installed with Manufacturers defect! Return unit jammed into coil. Oil inside unit due to leaking coil. Unit made with defect! Not covered or of any concern to Bryant that a faulty unit was sold! Not covered! My cost as a consumer to repair their faulty manufactured unit $1,000.00 and before those parts arrived the Fan motor in this just two year old unit died! Another $200.00! Bryant is a company that sells lousy faulty equipment and as for you the consumer and customer, they could care less! You bought it the P.O.S. is all yours! Buy a Trane, a rudd, anything but a Bryant!

Date created: 2012-05-02 Name: Dean Graham
Location: Indianapolis Indiana

"Thought We Bought The Best"
We are now on our third service call ranging from humidifier problems with leaking. Now we have been three days without our heat pump because of control board issues and valve problems. I wish I would have visited this site prior to my purchase. I certainly would have not made Bryant my choice for a heat pump unit.

Date created: 2012-04-21 Name: Jim C.
Location: Eastern Shore, Maryland

"Installer Errors Give a Real Bad Name!"
I am a factory authorized dealer, reading many of the reviews on here. Sounds more like the installing company created the problems listed more than Bryant themselves! As a factory authorized dealer I must tell you, after several hundred installs, very, very few problems and even less complaints. If the installing company were true to the word, most complaints listed would simply disappear. I refer to those companies as schmucks, that don't stand behind the warranties. Email me at home- comfort@live.com if you ever have any questions about a Bryant product, no matter where you live. If installed correctly, they are awesome!!!