Consumer Reviews of Bryant heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about Bryant heat pumps

Date created: 2015-11-23 Location: Scranton, PA

"2 Ton 15.5 Seer Bryant Heat Pump System is the way to go"
I live in Northeastern Pennsylvania, and three winters ago we experienced very severe winter weather. We were hit with multiple ice and snow storms, and snow levels really piled high. Our heating bill kept rising, and my fiance and I wondered what was going on. We spoke to some of our neighbors, and they recommended taking a look at our outdoor heat pump. Because we weren't familiar, we called a local HVAC company. One of our friends highly recommended them and said that they price fairly, and they provide on time service. We called and spoke to a very friendly representative who set up an appointment for an HVAC technician to come out the next day at 11 AM. The technician arrived right on time and was very helpful and courteous. He took a look at the heat pump, and within 15 minutes, he told us that it was broken, and we would need a new one. He called us the next day with pricing which, when we shopped around online, we realized that we got a very competitive price for the pump. He recommended the 2 Ton 15.5 Seer Bryant Heat Pump System. The following week our new heat pump was installed, and we have had no problems since.

Date created: 2015-09-22 Name: Jeff Pilkenton

"It sucks"
Have had nothing but trouble out of this heat pump. I paid over $5500 hundred for it new and 2 or three times a year something is going wrong with it. Once the warranty is expired I have full intention to scrap metal it. Worst heat pump I have ever bought, and I will not buy another.

Date created: 2015-04-02 Name: Janice M Holloway
Location: United States

"Breakdowns"
I have a new house with a Bryant a/c Model 213(a/b)/215b. In three years the motor has been replaced two times and now the evaporator coil has a leak and has been replaced. I have paid approximately $1,000 in service charges for an A/C that is just 3 years old. I am very, very dissatisfied with this product and the service I have had to keep it up and running. I will never purchase another Bryant product.

Date created: 2015-03-01 Name: Boyd
Location: Tennessee

"28 years - one repair"
Installed a Bryant heat pump on New Years Day, 1987. One repair from a rusted out part cost me $250. I'm one lucky guy or have one of the best units ever made, maybe both! It's purring like a kitten as I write this.

Date created: 2014-06-17 Name: Lori
Location: Florida

"Don't buy"
Purchased this $5,000 unit after sitting with the owner of Powell ac and Heating at our kitchen table who recommended it in January of 2010. Have had three service calls for repair since installation. On 7/27/2013 the fan motor stopped working. Was informed that both the seller and manufacturer were aware that the motor would go but chose not to replace it until it actually broke down. As it happened on a saturday, we went three full days in Florida without A/C while they waited until Monday when they ordered the new motor and another two days until they could replace the motor. It was covered under warranty but the labor was not. Cost us 400.00 to replace. On 6/17/2014, the unit stopped cooling again. This time the repairman said that there was an "unrepairable leak at Utube top" and that the coils had "moved together" and burned that hole. Of course, the coils are under warranty but the labor and replacing the coolant is going to cost us $1200.00. Every bit of savings you get from a lower electricity bill will be lost on repairs to these defective units. Do NOT buy a Bryant/Carrier AC/Heat Pump.

Date created: 2014-02-02 Name: R. Peters
Location: Lincoln, NE

"Two-speed Puron (R-410a) Plus Heat Pump"
This Evolution unit was installed 12 years ago. It is really good when running, but needs fixed every other year since new, at a cost of at least $200. It has had a shorted wire on a sharp metal edge inside the unit, cost $200. It has had to have a electronic control board replaced, cost about $500. It has had a pair of conductors replaced about every 3 years, cost about $350. It has had a relay and capacity replaced, cost about $400. I'm sure the cost of break/fix repairs on this energy saving unit has all but been spent on keeping it running.

Date created: 2014-01-11 Name: Ann Thayer
Location: Idaho

"Bad heat pump"
Our unit is only 7 years old and we've have the repairmen here at least a couple times a year....every year!

Date created: 2013-11-15 Name: Ken Myerson
Location: ID.

"Great Unit"
It is several years now and going strong. It sits there in the snow every year.

Date created: 2013-09-03 Name: T.Weisner
Location: Mi.

"No winter blues"
Year round this does the job. Bryant is a good unit. Have used them all and can tell you this is it.

Date created: 2013-08-05 Name: K.Riggs
Location: Seattle,Wash

"Another Satisfied Customer"
We have had this for a few years and it's good. We had a Rheem and they are very good. The way to find a good contractor is to check the sites in the phone book for the BBB. I read on the net that this site was a good place for reviews but they are lacking now in getting them posted as I can see by the Rheem heat pumps.