Consumer Reviews of Bryant heat pumps

Read more about Bryant heat pumps

Date created: 2013-11-15 Name: Ken Myerson
Location: ID.

"Great Unit"
It is several years now and going strong. It sits there in the snow every year.

Date created: 2013-09-03 Name: T.Weisner
Location: Mi.

"No winter blues"
Year round this does the job. Bryant is a good unit. Have used them all and can tell you this is it.

Date created: 2013-08-05 Name: K.Riggs
Location: Seattle,Wash

"Another Satisfied Customer"
We have had this for a few years and it's good. We had a Rheem and they are very good. The way to find a good contractor is to check the sites in the phone book for the BBB. I read on the net that this site was a good place for reviews but they are lacking now in getting them posted as I can see by the Rheem heat pumps.

Date created: 2013-04-15 Name: Welcome Richardson
Location: Oxford, MA

"Excellent Equipment"
Bryant systems are very reliable if your installation company installs and tests it properly. 9 out of 10 service calls on new installations is due to improper installation and a test of the complete systems including airflow.

Date created: 2013-03-25 Name: W Smith
Location: Richmond Virginia

"Very Noisy"
I live in a brand new apartment complex that has the Bryant heat pumps and I have seen them freeze up (not good) leak freon and they make a very loud noise when starting up. I thought the noise was just mine at first and it was having problems, but after walking around the complex others are doing the same thing. I have lived in other places over the years and have never experienced the irritating noise this one makes and the always seem to install these things next to your bedroom. Would not recommend Bryant. Get a Trane or York.

Date created: 2013-01-17 Name: C Parkin
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

"38 yo Bryant"
I have a Bryant 4-ton over/under heat pump that was installed in 1973. The unit worked flawlessly for many years, had regular annual maintenance but finally died just before Christmas 2012. I am not fixing it due to lack of oem parts and that it operates around a 6 seer. Looking forward to my new unit being installed later this month.

Date created: 2012-11-28 Name: Betty
Location: va

"Don't Do It"
Nothing but problems... First time the ac was on it flooded the downstairs. Did it 3 times before tech found out what it was from. The defrost on unit is set at 30 minutes -- it cuts on and off all the time (I timed it). It was on cut off came back on it within 5 minutes and blows cold air when it's in defrost. Had it installed in March and so far its had 6+ service calls on it

Date created: 2012-10-08 Name: Troy
Location: Franklin, IN

"3 Years no Problems"
3 years no problems. Lowered electric bill and is very quiet!

Date created: 2012-09-04 Name: D LEVY
Location: PITTSBURGH,PA

"BRYANT HEAT PUMP SYSTEMS"
I have had bryant systems since 1992, put two new 'state of the art' heat pump systems in my new house (2008) and they are both crap, crap, crap. I have had my 5 ton unit rebuilt three times - working on the fourth compressor in (4) years. My 3.5 ton unit is about to fail and has a leak in the unit almost every year. I will never, ever buy another bryant product - they do not back up their product and from the looks at the reviews - they knew their product was crap.

Date created: 2012-07-17 Name: M. Blackburn
Location: Dallas, GA

"Nothing but issues"
We built out house in 2007. On the first run the blower motor burnt out. Its continued from there. From faulty wiring, to blowing fuses. Strip heat unit replaced twice. Not holding a charge. Freezing up because of damper motors burning out. 4 different damper motor replacements. Condensation pump backed up and not receiving voltage (numerous times). Well as of last Friday the heat pump stopped cooling. Tech came out yesterday. Condenser or reversing valve is burnt out, can't be sure until its fixed. $2000.00 Condenser is still under warranty but the valve is $800.00. I called the Bryant manufacturing Co. and was basically told they cant help me. First he blamed it on the builders, then the installers, who happen to be one of their own reps, but they aren't responsible for their work. I have been getting the run around since day one, telling me they have to work the kinks out because its a brand new model. Kevin(Bryant customer service) also told me I was imagining the bad reviews that I have found online about Bryant. The tech yesterday told me I'd be better off replacing the outside and inside unit with a different brand. Then come to find out the crazy high electric bills (over $500.) I've been having was because of the reversing valve. Ridiculous! I will never recommend Bryant, and I will make sure I let everyone I know just how much they do not appreciate their customers, and how they do not even back there own merchandise!