Consumer Reviews of Bryant heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about Bryant heat pumps

Date created: 2017-05-08 Name: Richard L. Busche
Location: Winter Haven, FL

"Junk."
I had my Bryant Heat Pump installed on April 8, 2014 and have had the fan motor replaced, parts were covered but the labor was $267.00 for an hours work, I timed the tech, now the condenser motor fan blade fell off and the motor quit working, I spent $5112.00 on this piece of crap. I wonder whats going to break next, I was told by the salesman from Cool Now that this was next to the best heat pump available,boy!!! Was I led down a blind path.

Date created: 2016-12-15 Name: Deb Levy
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

"HVAC HEAT PUMPS"
I have two top of the line Bryant heat pump systems that have had catastrophic failures in less than 5 years. Bryant has not backed up their products and as a result, I will never, ever purchase another Bryant system. These systems cost over $25,000 to be installed and Bryant wants me to pay another $6,000 to have the unit that is currently failed replaced. This is completely unacceptable. Update: 2017-03-06 Brand Name: Bryant (Brand ID: 689) Model Number: 286BNA036-C Series name: Evolution Title of Review: Worst Warranty Service I have two heat pump systems that have both failed in less than 8 years with regular service and lower than average use. In addition our filters are changed quarterly. The first 5 ton system had three catastrophic failures within 5 yrs until the contractor forced Bryant to replace the system (heating and a/c). I was told then, that the smaller 3.5 ton was also going to fail, but Bryant wouldn't address the issue until it did. It failed in 15 degree weather and Bryant's response was less than stellar. The replacement cost was over $4,000 and that was the 'deal from Bryant'. These systems are the best ones made by Bryant (their Cadillac) and should have been trouble free for a minimum of 15 years. In the course of all of this, we found out that Bryant knew there was a defect in the compressors and mother-boards of these 2005 - 2008 systems. Our experience with multiple phone calls to Bryant were to experience the worst customer service ever. I will never, ever purchase another Bryant system, they are junk.

Date created: 2016-08-11 Name: C. Crews
Location: Georgia

"They can sell them but don't want to service them"
Bought the unit five years ago. It has operated pretty well until now. Now it won't cool and I'm having trouble finding someone to service the unit. Called 800 number, the number they gave me said they didn't do service work in my area. Should have bought a Trane.

Date created: 2016-07-10 Name: LW
Location: Florida

"Don't buy"
Purchased and installed 1/6/2010 - cost over $5,000. First Issue - 7/27/2013 - X13 Fan Motor under warranty but $400 in labor charged. Four days without A/C in Florida summer. Second Issue - 6/17/2014 - "Unrepairable leak at the Utube top" - in other words, the "coils moved together at the top and burned a hole". Lost all coolant. Repair cost $1200. Seven days before repair was completed in the Florida summer. Third Issue - 12/24/2014 - "Leak on reversing valve" and coolant needed replacement again. Another $1200 repair, 6 months after the previous one. Not repaired until 12/31/2014. Fourth Issue - 7/8/2016 - X13 Fan motor replaced in 2013 has gone out again. Happened on a Friday in the Florida summer. Can't even order the part until Monday the 11th and an estimated four days after that until the repair can be made. As I write this, it is 90 degrees in my home. Do not buy a Bryant heat pump. Warranty on horrible product is worth nothing when you have to pay hundreds in labor charges and refill coolant over and over again.

Date created: 2016-04-11 Name: L.W.
Location: Renton, WA

"The heat pump stopped working - less than 3 years."
Though the service folks have been good about coming out, my heat pump has stopped working. We are just using the furnace now. A unit that stops working in less than three years is a manufacturer I would not buy from again. Disappointed.

Date created: 2016-04-04 Location: Charlottesville, VA

"Great Heatpump!"
We bought our heat pump from a local HVAC installer about 8 years ago. It replaced an old AC unit and is using the existing gas furnace as backup heat for when the temperature is below 40. I like that the unit is pretty quiet and we have never had to pay any attention to it at all. Nothing has ever gone wrong with it. It cools the house in the summer and heats it in the fall/winter until the outdoor temperatures get too cold for it to function efficiently (then the backup heat comes on). It also has a built-in electric backup but since we already had the furnace we don't use that. The only thing I don't like about it is that it is huge and our installer sited it kind of badly. If I had to do it over I'd purchase the same unit, but I'd get our installer to move it over a little bit. I would strongly recommend this brand, we have had a great experience.

Date created: 2015-11-23 Location: Scranton, PA

"2 Ton 15.5 Seer Bryant Heat Pump System is the way to go"
I live in Northeastern Pennsylvania, and three winters ago we experienced very severe winter weather. We were hit with multiple ice and snow storms, and snow levels really piled high. Our heating bill kept rising, and my fiance and I wondered what was going on. We spoke to some of our neighbors, and they recommended taking a look at our outdoor heat pump. Because we weren't familiar, we called a local HVAC company. One of our friends highly recommended them and said that they price fairly, and they provide on time service. We called and spoke to a very friendly representative who set up an appointment for an HVAC technician to come out the next day at 11 AM. The technician arrived right on time and was very helpful and courteous. He took a look at the heat pump, and within 15 minutes, he told us that it was broken, and we would need a new one. He called us the next day with pricing which, when we shopped around online, we realized that we got a very competitive price for the pump. He recommended the 2 Ton 15.5 Seer Bryant Heat Pump System. The following week our new heat pump was installed, and we have had no problems since.

Date created: 2015-09-22 Name: Jeff Pilkenton

"It sucks"
Have had nothing but trouble out of this heat pump. I paid over $5500 hundred for it new and 2 or three times a year something is going wrong with it. Once the warranty is expired I have full intention to scrap metal it. Worst heat pump I have ever bought, and I will not buy another.

Date created: 2015-04-02 Name: Janice M Holloway
Location: United States

"Breakdowns"
I have a new house with a Bryant a/c Model 213(a/b)/215b. In three years the motor has been replaced two times and now the evaporator coil has a leak and has been replaced. I have paid approximately $1,000 in service charges for an A/C that is just 3 years old. I am very, very dissatisfied with this product and the service I have had to keep it up and running. I will never purchase another Bryant product.

Date created: 2015-03-01 Name: Boyd
Location: Tennessee

"28 years - one repair"
Installed a Bryant heat pump on New Years Day, 1987. One repair from a rusted out part cost me $250. I'm one lucky guy or have one of the best units ever made, maybe both! It's purring like a kitten as I write this.