Consumer Reviews of Bryant heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about Bryant heat pumps

Date created: 2015-07-08 Name: Boyd A. McKinney Sr.
Location: Lock Haven, PA

"Awesome system"
This was probably the greatest decision I ever made, having a Bryant heat pump installed in my house. A family friend works for our local Bryant dealer, Redmonds HVAC in Beech Creek, Pennsylvania. And he recommended them, so he had his boss, Brian Redmond, come give me a quote. We were in the process of rebuilding our house due to a fire and it only made sense to add central air at this time. Brian gave me the quote and I wrote him 2 checks and his guys, who were very professional, installed my new system in a matter of days. I had my house cooling my family and friends who were helping me rebuild our house. If you are looking for an awesome heating and cooling system then look no more, as Bryant is your place to go. I used the heat pump all winter, and I usually use a wood pellet stove to heat my house and usually burn 2 tons of pellets each year. This year I used 8 bags of pellets and that was in February when Pennsylvania got very cold for a couple of days. My electric bill did go up by roughly $70 each month but my house was warm and the cost was minimal. I run the A/C the rest of the year, keeping my house at 68 degrees. No more window units. Cheaper electrical bills and just so comfy, it was well worth the investment in this unit. I would give this system an a+++ for quality. And my local dealer, Brian Redmond, an a+++ for his service and knowledge. Great job Bryant.

Date created: 2015-05-29 Location: Chapel Hill, NC

"Bryant Evolution Extreme heat pump performs wonderfully!"
We had to replace our existing heat pump this spring. I did a lot of research before our unit completely died, and I knew this day was coming. When the time came, I decided to go with the Bryant Evolution Extreme heat pump. With 20.5 Seers, I am going to save a bundle of money, especially this summer! The unit is quieter than our previous Carrier unit (both outdoors and indoors), and it's much much more efficient. Since we've only had it for a few months, I haven't had to have the unit serviced. But, it's backed by a 10 year parts warranty. I should be seeing much lower bills during the extreme summer and winter months, at least that's what the HVAC contractor told me. I should, because this unit was very pricey. That's the only drawback! We've only recently begun to have hotter weather, so I'll be interested in comparing electricity bills from last summer. All in all, I am satisfied, and hope to remain so for years to come.

Date created: 2015-05-15 Location: Beach Mountain, North Carolina

"I love my Bryant"
I have only owned my heat pump for about 3 months and I absolutely love it. The winters in the mountains of North Carolina are long and cold but it helped keep my entire house warm. Even when the temperatures fell well below zero we were still warm and toasty in our home. It was very nice to see blizzard conditions outside and have the peace of mind knowing that my family and I were warm. I have absolutely no complaints about my Bryant heat pump as it has provided everything that we need. Some newer machines need to be tuned up right away but we have had no maintenance issues with the heat pump and are very happy. I would always want to buy another Bryant, this is our second one and the first one that we had at our old house never failed. I would strongly recommend a Bryant heat pump to anyone that is in the market for one, I promise you can't go wrong.

Date created: 2015-04-02 Name: Janice M Holloway
Location: United States

"Breakdowns"
I have a new house with a Bryant a/c Model 213(a/b)/215b. In three years the motor has been replaced two times and now the evaporator coil has a leak and has been replaced. I have paid approximately $1,000 in service charges for an A/C that is just 3 years old. I am very, very dissatisfied with this product and the service I have had to keep it up and running. I will never purchase another Bryant product.

Date created: 2015-03-01 Name: Boyd
Location: Tennessee

"28 years - one repair"
Installed a Bryant heat pump on New Years Day, 1987. One repair from a rusted out part cost me $250. I'm one lucky guy or have one of the best units ever made, maybe both! It's purring like a kitten as I write this.

Date created: 2014-06-17 Name: Lori
Location: Florida

"Don't buy"
Purchased this $5,000 unit after sitting with the owner of Powell ac and Heating at our kitchen table who recommended it in January of 2010. Have had three service calls for repair since installation. On 7/27/2013 the fan motor stopped working. Was informed that both the seller and manufacturer were aware that the motor would go but chose not to replace it until it actually broke down. As it happened on a saturday, we went three full days in Florida without A/C while they waited until Monday when they ordered the new motor and another two days until they could replace the motor. It was covered under warranty but the labor was not. Cost us 400.00 to replace. On 6/17/2014, the unit stopped cooling again. This time the repairman said that there was an "unrepairable leak at Utube top" and that the coils had "moved together" and burned that hole. Of course, the coils are under warranty but the labor and replacing the coolant is going to cost us $1200.00. Every bit of savings you get from a lower electricity bill will be lost on repairs to these defective units. Do NOT buy a Bryant/Carrier AC/Heat Pump.

Date created: 2014-02-02 Name: R. Peters
Location: Lincoln, NE

"Two-speed Puron (R-410a) Plus Heat Pump"
This Evolution unit was installed 12 years ago. It is really good when running, but needs fixed every other year since new, at a cost of at least $200. It has had a shorted wire on a sharp metal edge inside the unit, cost $200. It has had to have a electronic control board replaced, cost about $500. It has had a pair of conductors replaced about every 3 years, cost about $350. It has had a relay and capacity replaced, cost about $400. I'm sure the cost of break/fix repairs on this energy saving unit has all but been spent on keeping it running.

Date created: 2014-01-11 Name: Ann Thayer
Location: Idaho

"Bad heat pump"
Our unit is only 7 years old and we've have the repairmen here at least a couple times a year....every year!

Date created: 2013-11-15 Name: Ken Myerson
Location: ID.

"Great Unit"
It is several years now and going strong. It sits there in the snow every year.

Date created: 2013-09-03 Name: T.Weisner
Location: Mi.

"No winter blues"
Year round this does the job. Bryant is a good unit. Have used them all and can tell you this is it.