Consumer Reviews of Bryant heat pumps

Read more about Bryant heat pumps

Date created: 2016-07-10 Name: LW
Location: Florida

"Don't buy"
Purchased and installed 1/6/2010 - cost over $5,000. First Issue - 7/27/2013 - X13 Fan Motor under warranty but $400 in labor charged. Four days without A/C in Florida summer. Second Issue - 6/17/2014 - "Unrepairable leak at the Utube top" - in other words, the "coils moved together at the top and burned a hole". Lost all coolant. Repair cost $1200. Seven days before repair was completed in the Florida summer. Third Issue - 12/24/2014 - "Leak on reversing valve" and coolant needed replacement again. Another $1200 repair, 6 months after the previous one. Not repaired until 12/31/2014. Fourth Issue - 7/8/2016 - X13 Fan motor replaced in 2013 has gone out again. Happened on a Friday in the Florida summer. Can't even order the part until Monday the 11th and an estimated four days after that until the repair can be made. As I write this, it is 90 degrees in my home. Do not buy a Bryant heat pump. Warranty on horrible product is worth nothing when you have to pay hundreds in labor charges and refill coolant over and over again.

Date created: 2016-04-11 Name: L.W.
Location: Renton, WA

"The heat pump stopped working - less than 3 years."
Though the service folks have been good about coming out, my heat pump has stopped working. We are just using the furnace now. A unit that stops working in less than three years is a manufacturer I would not buy from again. Disappointed.

Date created: 2016-04-04 Location: Charlottesville, VA

"Great Heatpump!"
We bought our heat pump from a local HVAC installer about 8 years ago. It replaced an old AC unit and is using the existing gas furnace as backup heat for when the temperature is below 40. I like that the unit is pretty quiet and we have never had to pay any attention to it at all. Nothing has ever gone wrong with it. It cools the house in the summer and heats it in the fall/winter until the outdoor temperatures get too cold for it to function efficiently (then the backup heat comes on). It also has a built-in electric backup but since we already had the furnace we don't use that. The only thing I don't like about it is that it is huge and our installer sited it kind of badly. If I had to do it over I'd purchase the same unit, but I'd get our installer to move it over a little bit. I would strongly recommend this brand, we have had a great experience.

Date created: 2015-11-23 Location: Scranton, PA

"2 Ton 15.5 Seer Bryant Heat Pump System is the way to go"
I live in Northeastern Pennsylvania, and three winters ago we experienced very severe winter weather. We were hit with multiple ice and snow storms, and snow levels really piled high. Our heating bill kept rising, and my fiance and I wondered what was going on. We spoke to some of our neighbors, and they recommended taking a look at our outdoor heat pump. Because we weren't familiar, we called a local HVAC company. One of our friends highly recommended them and said that they price fairly, and they provide on time service. We called and spoke to a very friendly representative who set up an appointment for an HVAC technician to come out the next day at 11 AM. The technician arrived right on time and was very helpful and courteous. He took a look at the heat pump, and within 15 minutes, he told us that it was broken, and we would need a new one. He called us the next day with pricing which, when we shopped around online, we realized that we got a very competitive price for the pump. He recommended the 2 Ton 15.5 Seer Bryant Heat Pump System. The following week our new heat pump was installed, and we have had no problems since.

Date created: 2015-09-22 Name: Jeff Pilkenton

"It sucks"
Have had nothing but trouble out of this heat pump. I paid over $5500 hundred for it new and 2 or three times a year something is going wrong with it. Once the warranty is expired I have full intention to scrap metal it. Worst heat pump I have ever bought, and I will not buy another.

Date created: 2015-04-02 Name: Janice M Holloway
Location: United States

"Breakdowns"
I have a new house with a Bryant a/c Model 213(a/b)/215b. In three years the motor has been replaced two times and now the evaporator coil has a leak and has been replaced. I have paid approximately $1,000 in service charges for an A/C that is just 3 years old. I am very, very dissatisfied with this product and the service I have had to keep it up and running. I will never purchase another Bryant product.

Date created: 2015-03-01 Name: Boyd
Location: Tennessee

"28 years - one repair"
Installed a Bryant heat pump on New Years Day, 1987. One repair from a rusted out part cost me $250. I'm one lucky guy or have one of the best units ever made, maybe both! It's purring like a kitten as I write this.

Date created: 2014-06-17 Name: Lori
Location: Florida

"Don't buy"
Purchased this $5,000 unit after sitting with the owner of Powell ac and Heating at our kitchen table who recommended it in January of 2010. Have had three service calls for repair since installation. On 7/27/2013 the fan motor stopped working. Was informed that both the seller and manufacturer were aware that the motor would go but chose not to replace it until it actually broke down. As it happened on a saturday, we went three full days in Florida without A/C while they waited until Monday when they ordered the new motor and another two days until they could replace the motor. It was covered under warranty but the labor was not. Cost us 400.00 to replace. On 6/17/2014, the unit stopped cooling again. This time the repairman said that there was an "unrepairable leak at Utube top" and that the coils had "moved together" and burned that hole. Of course, the coils are under warranty but the labor and replacing the coolant is going to cost us $1200.00. Every bit of savings you get from a lower electricity bill will be lost on repairs to these defective units. Do NOT buy a Bryant/Carrier AC/Heat Pump.

Date created: 2014-02-02 Name: R. Peters
Location: Lincoln, NE

"Two-speed Puron (R-410a) Plus Heat Pump"
This Evolution unit was installed 12 years ago. It is really good when running, but needs fixed every other year since new, at a cost of at least $200. It has had a shorted wire on a sharp metal edge inside the unit, cost $200. It has had to have a electronic control board replaced, cost about $500. It has had a pair of conductors replaced about every 3 years, cost about $350. It has had a relay and capacity replaced, cost about $400. I'm sure the cost of break/fix repairs on this energy saving unit has all but been spent on keeping it running.

Date created: 2014-01-11 Name: Ann Thayer
Location: Idaho

"Bad heat pump"
Our unit is only 7 years old and we've have the repairmen here at least a couple times a year....every year!