Consumer Reviews of Armstrong Air heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about Armstrong Air heat pumps

Date created: 2009-05-26 Name: R. Huffman

"11 year old 12 seer 4 ton heat pump in a dual fuel situation"
When I built my house I felt like I was taking a chance going with a Armstrong Heat Pump because I didn't know the brand, but I have been very pleased for the last 11 years it has been in use. No trouble at all until my my scroll compresser just went out and now I am evaluating what I am going to do next. Again the unit was a 12 seer, 4 Ton Heat Pump in a Dual Fuel set up. On the inside I have a 90% efficent Gas Furnice.

Date created: 2008-11-18 Name: N. Hicks
Location: Maryland

"Nothing but Problems"
This unit was installed 5 years ago and it has been nothing but problems since. Every year we are spending money to have it fixed. Now that it is out of warranty we have had 3 separate service calls. This makes about 8 repairs on this piece of junk. I think we may have to scrap it for a new unit. What a waste! Sent letters to Armstrong... Of course no response.
Date created: 2008-09-08 Name: G Kelly
Location: Gulf Breeze, FL

"Armstrong a/c Great"
Best running heat pump I have seen new sometime, 10seer but cold 22degree from out side temp at the vent. Just Maintain as the time passes and will be there for you.
Date created: 2008-06-18 Name: Gary Hedrick
Location: Lexington, N.C.

"Junk from Armstrong 13 seer heat pump"
After first cooling season , we turned air on and outside unit would not come on. After service arrived unit had rubbed hole in itself in one of the freon lines. Armstrong says that it does not cover labor and a part was not replaced so I am stuck with the repair. Thanks Armstrong
Date created: 2007-02-21 Name: J Rushing
Location: Guin, Al

These units are a bunch of junk-parts that constantly tearing-that are made in Mexico. Every year I have some type of problem with the heating part,I've had 3 compressor, a new panel board, reversing vaule, defroster, etc..., and tons of freon put in it. Thank God our service man has only charged us one time, once for a compressor. Also tryinf to get their company to cooperate with you is a ttal waste of time, effort, and energy
Date created: 2007-02-20 Name: J Rushing
Location: Guin, Al

Piece of junk-had trouble a month after it was put in, and have had trouble since. Am getting a better unit SOON