Consumer Reviews of Armstrong Air heat pumps

Read more about Armstrong Air heat pumps

Date created: 2010-02-08 Name: Loper125

"Yet Another UNHAPPy customer"
Installed heat pump on new house three years ago. Leak in coolant, installer said it was a manufacture defect and should be covered under warranty. Well, needless to say, I got a bill because Armstrong would not back their work!! I guess how can you blame them. They must know something we don't... If they won't back it, why should the consumer trust them? This will be the last Armstrong unit I will own.

Date created: 2010-02-02 Name: K. Miller

"K. Miller"
We have had nothing but one problem after another with our unit. It's been completely rebuilt over the last 4 1/2 years. We have gotten a lemon and Armstrong does not return calls to hear our complaints. Very poor customer service and product. Do not purchase an Armstrong heat pump. We are replacing ours with an American Standard.

Date created: 2010-01-10 Name: R. Rookstool
Location: NC

"Heat Pump Model shp13h36"
I live in NC and changed my heating system from electric baseboard to the Armstrong Heat Pump. I have 1800 sq.ft. This heat pump has done an excellent job in both heating and air conditioning my home. I would recommend this unit.

Date created: 2009-08-15 Name: G Kelly

"Great job"
Only had one bad thing out side unit fan rusted from salt air from the Gulf on one side and the Bay on other. 10 seer the air at the vents 20degres cooler than out side air 90 to 100 all summer long.

Date created: 2009-07-20 Name: W.WILLIAMSON

"MY 18 SEER HEAT PUMP"
My story, im a contractor in the hvac buisness I thought for the longest time why anyone in the north west indiana area would by a heat pump my sales rep kept telling me to try and sell them I said absolutely not they are not needed in this area and i'm not going to rip anyone one off so he tells me a couple months later I can get you one to try out, price reduced a little for my own home "nothing much" to try it out and see if I like it maybe then I would sell it well he was right i'm saving a ton of money on my bills and hardly use my furnace its a big price to purchase but no repairs unlike other brands and a great warranty I do sell heat pumps now and im getting a better name for it as well

Date created: 2009-06-24 Name: Kathy M.

"Armstrong Heat Pump"
I built my home 71/2 years ago and had an Armstrong heat pump model # shp10c42a6 installed. It has been nothing but problems! Compressor and leaking coolant constantly. Would not reccomend this unit!! The leaks get fixed and more show up the next year.

Date created: 2009-05-26 Name: R. Huffman

"11 year old 12 seer 4 ton heat pump in a dual fuel situation"
When I built my house I felt like I was taking a chance going with a Armstrong Heat Pump because I didn't know the brand, but I have been very pleased for the last 11 years it has been in use. No trouble at all until my my scroll compresser just went out and now I am evaluating what I am going to do next. Again the unit was a 12 seer, 4 Ton Heat Pump in a Dual Fuel set up. On the inside I have a 90% efficent Gas Furnice.

Date created: 2008-11-18 Name: N. Hicks
Location: Maryland

"Nothing but Problems"
This unit was installed 5 years ago and it has been nothing but problems since. Every year we are spending money to have it fixed. Now that it is out of warranty we have had 3 separate service calls. This makes about 8 repairs on this piece of junk. I think we may have to scrap it for a new unit. What a waste! Sent letters to Armstrong... Of course no response.

Date created: 2008-09-08 Name: G Kelly
Location: Gulf Breeze, FL

"Armstrong a/c Great"
Best running heat pump I have seen new sometime, 10seer but cold 22degree from out side temp at the vent. Just Maintain as the time passes and will be there for you.

Date created: 2008-06-18 Name: Gary Hedrick
Location: Lexington, N.C.

"Junk from Armstrong 13 seer heat pump"
After first cooling season , we turned air on and outside unit would not come on. After service arrived unit had rubbed hole in itself in one of the freon lines. Armstrong says that it does not cover labor and a part was not replaced so I am stuck with the repair. Thanks Armstrong