Consumer Reviews of Armstrong Air heat pumps

Read more about Armstrong Air heat pumps

Date created: 2011-02-28 Name: B. Cox
Location: Oklahoma City, OK

"Nothing but problems and repairs."
I purchased an Armstrong Heat Pump on 1-7-2005. On 3-7-2008, the compressor went out and even though it was replaced under warranty, it still cost me $1128.85 to also replace the fan motor, run capacitor and recharge the freon. On 2-12-2010, I had to spend another $969.81 to replace an expansion valve. Again on 3-5-2010, I had to spend another $676.00 to replace another condensor fan motor. Then on 2-28-2011, I had to spend another $700 in repairs. I have never been so disappointed and disgusted with this whole situation. I will never purchase another Armstrong product and I strongly recommend that you don't either.

Date created: 2011-02-09 Name: Bill Fink
Location: Wilmington, NC

"Horrible Experience!"
Built a BRAND NEW HOME - the builder used Armstrong to "cut corners." All I can say is: Junk - after being installed had nothing but problems for FIFTEEN months until the builder finally replaced it with a Trane. Even though they replaced the unit, I was out nearly $1,000 for unnecessary electric bills from running off the heating (AUX) coils because the unit wasn't even functioning.

Date created: 2011-02-01 Name: michael debo
Location: fairfield,ohio

"Armstrong"
After 2&1/2 yrs.compressor went out.labor cost $608.works for awhile then starts blowing cold air so i have to switch to emergency heat.the reason i got a heatpump was to save on oil.they're coming today to replace my furnace belt.so far problem not solved.this has been going on about 6 weeks.frustrated!

Date created: 2011-01-14 Name: A.Cone
Location: Windsor, Va

Had a 3.5 ton unit installed 4 years ago, and had nothing but problems since. I honestly cannot tell you how many times i've had this thing repaired, i've lost count. But the repair man has been out 4 times within the last six months, the latest problem was bad fan bearings and a leaking compressor, warranty covered the parts, but not the hundreds of dollars in labor to fix. Will some attorney please bring a class action lawsuit against this company please.

Date created: 2010-12-17 Name: T NORRIS
Location: BIRMINGHAM AL

"Home owner"
I AM VERY UNHAPPY WITH THIS ARMSTRONG SYSTEM THE UNIT WAS INSTALLED IN 2001 I HAVE HAD TO HAVE (3) AIR COMPRESSORS INSTALLE TWO I HAD TO PAY FOR LABOR AND NOW THE COMPRESSOR IS HAVING PROBLEMS STARTING I JUST FOUND OUT IT SHOULD HAVE A COMPRESSOR HEATER FROM THE BEGING TO KEEP THE OIL FROM GETING THICK AND HAVE MOISTURE IN IT WHICH WILL WIPE OUT THE BRGS THE HEAT EXCHANGER HAS A FAN RELAY WHICH I HAVE HADE TO REPLACE ALMOST YEARLY I WOULD NOT BUY OR ADVISE ANYONE TO BUY THIS BRAND

Date created: 2010-08-12 Name: B. Johnson
Location: Nebraska

"10 years and no problems"
I have a 10 year old Armstrong heat pump that has worked great since day 1. Never had to replace a part or add any refrigerant. Right now it's 93 degrees outside and a comfy 74 in the house.

Date created: 2010-07-24 Name: Paul S.

"Model 2SHP13LE148P-1"
This piece of junk was less than 1 year old before it stopped working. Our installer and salesman are one in the same. He is a prince of a guy and almost as disgusted with Armstrong as we are. In month 13 of ownership, we have replaced every part in this piece of crap. It works for a day or two and something else will fail. Always on the very hottest day. Armstrong sent a factory rep out but decided against replacing this lemon. Isn't there an attorney out there that bought one of these that will file a class action suit? Sign me up!

Date created: 2010-06-17 Name: B. H.

"Would not reccomend"
I had a 3 ton unit installed in my home along with a new electric furnace 5 years ago. I have had no major issues other than not being able to keep the house warm in the winter until this summer. Went to start up the a/c and the compressor was junk. Now, I am being told it could cost anywhere from $450-$1000 to replace a compressor (that was under a 10 year warranty)... I was told the compressor is free, but the labor and all of the other parts that are required to be replaced by Armstrong are not. Seems to me like it would just be cheaper to replace the heat pump instead of the free compressor!!

Date created: 2010-05-19 Name: Richard Thompson

"Arnstrong HeatPump/Airconditioner"
I have gone through two winters with this heat pump. It has not worked and is still not working after 17 months. The installer has spent hours trying to fix one problem after another. Replacing one part after another. Repairs last days, then no heat pump again.

Date created: 2010-05-15 Name: Wayne Medlin

"JUNK"
Bought this unit June 2008. Existing unit went out after 10 years, not repairable. Armstrong was the only available unit on Friday afternoon. After 14 months of service, compressor failed. Compressor was covered under warranty had to pay labor and freon for a total of $888.00. Three months later, fan goes out so I have to pay labor again. It has had several leaks that cost me even more. Now, it sets outside and know one knows what the problem with it is.