Consumer Reviews of Armstrong Air heat pumps

Read more about Armstrong Air heat pumps

Date created: 2015-12-28 Location: Tulsa, OK

"Performs perfectly, great value!"
When we bought our home, it came with this heat pump. We had never lived in a home with a heat pump, though we have stayed at a number of hotels with one, and expected the performance to be terrible. We were pleasantly surprised - our heat pump has worked great. The maintenance on the heat pump has been minimal - besides a yearly cleaning of the outside unit and filters, nothing has had to be done to correct defects of the unit. The seller of the home installed the unit incorrectly, which killed the control board when we first switched to heat, but that was covered by our home warranty and is not a defect of the unit. Given how well the unit has performed in Oklahoma - where winter temperatures can reach below zero Fahrenheit and summer temperatures can reach above 100 Fahrenheit - I would recommend a heat pump system to anyone. I've never heard of Armstrong before, but I'd recommend them as well - the HVAC guys I know like them, and the unit has had zero issues. For comparison, I've had similar vintage units from other manufacturers and have had all kinds of trouble (blower motors going out after 1 year, for example).

Date created: 2015-12-16 Location: massillion ohio

"heat pump or furnace"
Well, have had the heat pump for about ten to twelve years and it has given us no problems. Armstrong is a good brand that has been around for years and I hope for many more years as well. It has not been replaced and runs great.

Date created: 2015-08-17 Name: Dave Edwards
Location: Erwin, TN

"Negative"
New install in 2012. The capacitor went out in the same year, inside coils pitted & leaked out in late 2013 and again this year, 2015. Waiting now for over 3 weeks to get replacement parts (still waiting...this is unbelievable). They have suspiciously shipped them "twice" but they failed to get the 200 miles to here. Found that they use cheap copper tubing from Mexico ( thanks NAFTA) that has little to no quality control, and tubing thickness can be and usually is paper thin in spots, thus causing them to fail. I would say, sadly, to stay far, far, far away from Armstrong, at least until they decide to use some form of quality control & not south of the border parts.

Date created: 2014-02-14 Name: C. Williamson
Location: York, SC

"Piece of junk"
Built house six years ago and had Armstrong heat pump installed. Company has had to come out and work on it four times now. One of the times the compressor fan motor had gone out and now the compressor has gone out.

Date created: 2013-06-30 Name: Jim McCord
Location: Poteau, Oklahoma

"I Had 2 - 5 Ton Units Installed"
I had 2 - 5 ton units installed in a new home I built in Eater Okla. What a mistake! I have had the installer out 5 times so far in less than a year to make repairs. A lot of junk, is my opinion of Armstrong.

Date created: 2013-01-03 Name: James Burkheart
Location: Rogers, AR

"5 tons of junk"
Had two units installed when I built my house in 2004 by a shady hvac man (wont mention any names Total Comfort Heating and Air). A 3 ton upstairs and a 5 ton down stairs. I had to spend over $5000 in 06' and had the 3 ton hunk of junk yanked out and a Lennox installed. No problems, I have had to get the fan capacitor? Replaced three times on the 5 ton. Now the compressor has gone out and of course warranty is expired, but because it is a r22 the new installer wants to pull out entire system and install a Lennox that is 410a. Costs $5600. I spent $10k on hvac when I built my house. I will be out over $20k when all said and done on hvac. Somebody needs to be sued! Thanks Armstrong for bending me over dry!

Date created: 2012-07-01 Name: michael richards
Location: wilmington, nc

"Junkyard Crap"
Dont let anyone talk you into buying an armstrong heat pump. Have had nothing but problems since day one. Now it works until temp gets to 85 degrees and then you sweat all day.

Date created: 2011-06-15 Name: Tom
Location: NC

"3 Years old 5 Major Repairs"
Broke down 2 times in the first month. Then 2 expansion valves. now evaperator core. core did not come with feeder tubes made into it. Now they say they will have to custom make the feeder tubes, 5 days to make feeder tubes, then 3 days to ship it,after waiting a week for the core. Takes a week to get it working every time it brakes down because of their poor customer service.If anyone trys to sell you one go to someone else

Date created: 2011-04-26 Name: GySgt Frank Gar USMC
Location: Jacksonville NC

"Made in USA? Buy quality, don't waste money"
When I was Deployed as a Gunny US Marines, my wife had a new unit put in. Armstrong air. Forced air propane furnace with A/C combo. I had it serviced regular but it has broken down EVER YEAR just about. The first year the condensor fan quit. Pay for a Trane, Lennox, or Carrier. It will save you in the long run. The part that hurts the worst is it was supposed to be made in the USA. Ohio. Whatever happened to Union pride and craftsmanship? I am getting a new unit. A quality one.

Date created: 2011-02-28 Name: B. Cox
Location: Oklahoma City, OK

"Nothing but problems and repairs."
I purchased an Armstrong Heat Pump on 1-7-2005. On 3-7-2008, the compressor went out and even though it was replaced under warranty, it still cost me $1128.85 to also replace the fan motor, run capacitor and recharge the freon. On 2-12-2010, I had to spend another $969.81 to replace an expansion valve. Again on 3-5-2010, I had to spend another $676.00 to replace another condensor fan motor. Then on 2-28-2011, I had to spend another $700 in repairs. I have never been so disappointed and disgusted with this whole situation. I will never purchase another Armstrong product and I strongly recommend that you don't either.