Consumer Reviews of ARCOAIRE heat pumps

Read more about ARCOAIRE heat pumps

Date created: 2015-10-09 Name: R. Jordan
Location: Pomona, MO

We purchased our home in 2014 and in the fall of that year the unit was installed. In June 2011, it did not work properly. We called the installer who came right away and stated that he had a lot of problems with these units, but it was under warranty until June of 2016. He filled it with Freon and upon leaving stated" Don't worry about it, I will take care of it". Since that time he will not answer my phone calls, I'm guessing he won't respond until the0 warranty has expired. I have not a clue what to do, but I do know I will certainly not buy another Arcoaire product ever. I have no idea who to call, and reading other reviews I don't think it would matter anyway. These units are a piece of junk.

Date created: 2014-12-18 Name: D Bass
Location: Monroe, GA

"Piece of junk"
I had this unit put in with new duct work and it has had a dirty sock from the time it was installed. I think Arcoaire used recycled aluminum in the coil or just cheap coils. I had a Bryant in the house before changing the unit out and never had a problem. I have tried to get this fixed and nobody will help. They say there is nothing they can do. I would not buy any products made by International Comfort Products, the owner of Arcoaire, because they have showed me they don't stand behind what they sell.

Date created: 2014-11-04 Name: J. Ann
Location: Seven Hills, OH

"Great... for a year"
The unit worker great - for one year. It's noisy, leaks refrigerant and the "authorized dealer" couldn't be more unresponsive regarding the needed service work. I was forced to use the interior electric furnace at twice the cost of the ineffective heat pump.

Date created: 2013-05-22 Name: R. Suggs
Location: Clarkesville, Ga

"Piece of Junk"
Unit purchased 22 months ago and have 3 warranty issues. First, the freon leaked out. Then the evaporator fan went out. Now, the compressor is locked up. This is a package unit so all issues are from factory, the installation is great but the equipment is junk.

Date created: 2012-01-20 Name: Lois Renfrow

"Arcoaire Heat Pump/Electric furnace"
Two Arcoaire heat pumps on two different houses, both are down, not able to be fixed, one never worked properly, one worked for five years. hvac service men say they need to be replaced. Change a heating/cooling system every three to six years. What kind of products are they? Junk, Junk, JUNK...Over $900.00 paid to h&a men to fix a unit which can't be fixed. Emergency Heat costs $500 to $700 a month to heat. The manufacturer should be ashamed. Do not buy.

Date created: 2011-06-16 Location: Fort Collins, CO

"The Best Heat Pump I Could've Bought"
I've owned this specific heat pump for about a year and a half now and it's been a wonderful product. I like how it is not loud and it is much less intrusive than the last heat pump I had installed was. There honestly isn't anything that I dislike about the product. I have never needed to repair or replace the product, it has been flawless. I would buy the same product again and I would easily recommend it to a friend.

Date created: 2011-05-06 Location: Lenorah, TX

"Arcoaire: Keeping me warm in the winter"
We have lived in our house for a year and a half. Our Arcoaire heat pump system has done good the past two winters with only one exception. We got down to 3 degrees and a wind chill of -25 this past winter and it seemed like it was struggle to keep up with the heat loss from our building, and I believe that it did use the electric heat strips quite often judging by our electricity bill. Since we have lived here though we have had to replace the compressor and recharge with R-22 twice. We believe there is still a small leak somewhere, but that isn't the equipments fault. Knowing the previous owners of the house, there hasn't been any other problems with this particular unit if the past 4 or 5 years. I would recommend that someone buy this brand because it is relatively cheap compared to other brands out there. Sure it doesn't have all the bells and whistles that others may have but it definitely gets the job done. Seeing how the only problem we really have ever had with it was when it got down to 3 degrees and a negative wind chill, I would recommend this unit because its very rare that Texas or any other state in the south see's that kind of weather.

Date created: 2010-03-29 Name: B. Egolf

"20 Yr Old Arcoaire"
My wife and I had a new home built in 1989 and our builder installed two Arcoaire heat pumps, one upstairs and one downstairs. I have had one fan motor replaced three years ago and a recharge done once on the downstairs unit. The upstairs unit has never had any issues. I have only changed the filters twice each year on these units. I also have been lucky with very reasonable electric bills throughout the years. I thank my lucky stars!

Date created: 2009-12-20 Name: M Day

"No Problems"
I've put in two 2 ton Aircoaire heat pumps 12 years ago when I had the house built. I'm in the trade (another major manufacturer) and strongly believe that the equipment is only as good as the people who install it. If all the correct steps are taken on the install and upkeep, the vast majority of units should perform for a long time with minimal problems. Yes, parts do fail but lots of manufacturers share the same parts. Loose connections will fail a lot of components, bad electrical supply be it voltage or the electrical wire will kill parts. Most people who have had bad experiences will go out of there way to share there pain. People who do not have problems will not be going out of there way to praise a company that they feel as if they got there moneys worth.

Date created: 2009-07-30 Name: lara

"Arcoaire heating and cooloing"
To the point, very badly contructed product. I had 2 compresors and a fan changed already, along with other major issues that I had to pay more money to fix. Even the dealer that I delt with admits that my unit is a lemon. So regardless who installs your unit make sure to study this brand before purchase