Consumer Reviews of Ameristar heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about Ameristar heat pumps

Date created: 2018-04-04 Name: Fuck you!
Location: My. Fuck more!

"Older women has no heat!"
Thank you Ameristar! I havenít had heat in two years!! I almost lost my fingers because your system is junk! Warranty doesnít cover the 700 dollar bill for the service men to come out! I live on 500 a month! Brand new system that never ever worked! Shove your shit up your ass! You are all a bunch of thieves! Steal off the poor to line your pockets! I hope karma gets you all!

Date created: 2018-01-26 Name: Jerry mcadoo
Location: Bowling Green, KY

"JUNK BEWARE"
Bought the unit new contractor installed spent more time working on it than it worked could have purchased a new unit for what we spent on keeping it going and it was still under warranty during this ,wouldnít install one in my chicken coup donít wast your money customer service is a joke spent weeks waiting on return calls from them with them only saying we donít feel the contractor was trained well enuf to install our units and we arenít going to replace the unit I would buy a wood stove before I trust my family in the cold again. We are building a new house and promise the ingersaw garbage will not be in it .
Date created: 2018-01-25 Name: Laurie
Location: Alabama

"Do not buy!"
Had a 3 ton split unit installed in May 2017. Have called for service 3 times on a unit less than a year old. The heat all of a sudden started running constantly. It kicks off for one minute and comes back on. It did not do this in October, November or December. The last week of December was in the low 20's every night with wind chill in the low teens. This started on January 8th. I am told by the installer it is normal for it to run continuously. In what universe? If that were true it would have been doing it all thru the fall. It does this even when the temperature gets 60 degrees outside now and the only way I can get it to go off is to turn off the breaker. But they come out and put their thermometer up to the vent and say its blowing the correct temperature for what the thermostat is set on. That's not the issue! The issue is it's running all day! My power bill went up $70 from last month. I have never had a power bill this high, even with my old unit that was over 20 years old. Why should it be normal for a unit to run continuously? Why would someone design one to do that when no one in their right mind would ever ask for that?!?! But you are completely at their mercy once the system has been installed. You have no recourse. Don't buy ameristar in the first place!!! I don't care who installs it, it's not worth it.
Date created: 2017-12-21 Name: T Tharos
Location: Richmond, KY

"Can't get parts"
Came with the house I purchased in May. The unit is barely two-years old. Discovered the compressor was bad in November. Called a respected hvac company in my area. Company said the compressor was under warranty but labor and Freon wasn't. Cost me $1,100 to fix. Then the AUX/Emergency heat stopped working. Called another hvac company who sold these units. The discovered two relays were bad. Said they were out of stock and had to be manufactured by the factory. Seems like it will take four weeks which means sometime in January. The agony of poor quality remains long after the low price is forgotten.
Date created: 2017-11-15 Name: Michael Tonetti
Location: Allentown, PA

"Installers/Service contractors"
I can tell you from 30 + years of experience that 95+% of the time It is always the quality of the contractor.....not the equiptment....check your references
Date created: 2017-09-29 Name: R Wilkinson
Location: Hot Springs, AR

"Buyer Beware of Ameristar"
I purchased a new home with an Ameristar unit, obviously, it is a builderís grade but it still is a new unit. The coils in the house failed after 14~ months. The only thing warrantied was the coil, no Freon no labor. It ended up costing me $800~ dollars to repair a 14~ month old unit. I feel that Ameristar should stand behind their product better or spend a little more on better materials when they build a unit. Additionally mine was not the only Ameristar unit in my subdivision to fail very quickly as the majority of the homes are less than 2 years old and all of the newer homes had Ameristar units installed. I hope that the outside coil or even the new inside coil last a long time as I cannot afford to spend another $800~ dollars on this poor quality unit. If it fails, again I will seriously look at replacing it with a unit from a different manufacture. In summary, I would not recommend Ameristar to anyone.
Date created: 2017-09-28 Name: B. Smith
Location: Knoxville, TN

"Great Unit!"
I had an Ameristar unit installed in my home this summer and the equipment is working like a champ! I have had no issues and as others have stated here, the manner in which the equipment is installed goes a long way as well. The weather where I am located is very hot in the summer time and very cold in the winter and my unit has been assured with a 10 year parts warranty as well as a labor and workmanship warranty by the installer. I am well pleased with this product.
Date created: 2017-08-22 Name: B. Lacy
Location: South Carolina

"Terrible customer service"
My mediocre Aerostar/Trane unit's condenser broke with 6 months left on warranty. I've been trying to get them to provide a replacement but there is an issue with them having issued duplicate serial numbers. Even though I provided proof I bought a unit from them and they agreed I was entitled to warranty service, rather than provide me a replacement, they've spent the last month trying to track down the other unit and refusing to do anything until they figure out how their snafu happened. Meanwhile, I'm stuck with a broken unit.
Date created: 2017-08-16 Name: Carl Peccot
Location: Wichita Falls, TX

"Totally Substandard"
My Unit was installed in April; So far three service calls for poor operation. Truly a piece of junk.
Date created: 2017-06-28 Name: Toby Tyler
Location: Charleston, SC

"Working great"
My company has installed 37 split system units in the last 18 months. We have had zero call backs for warranty. Proper install goes a long way. I repeat, proper install goes a long way. Flush old refrigerant lines properly and actually vacuum moisture from the system. These systems run quiet and move air well.