Consumer Reviews of American Standard heat pumps

Read more about American Standard heat pumps

Date created: 2011-01-23 Name: Jerri Spell
Location: Mendenhall,MS

"Senior Citiens BEWARE"
My Father had this unit installed on 7-9-2007 with a 10 year warranty. On 12-8-10 the unit stopped blowing so he called dealer who installed it River City Heating & Air (owner Jerry Coleman) they tried to defrost with torches with no luck.came back on 12-9-10 and put one of my fathers portable heaters on it overnight. My father called them to let them know it was thawed out so river city came back on 12-10-10 apparently guys could not fix so called owner Jerry Coleman out and he said a switch over wire was never installed on thermostat so one was installed and he was put on emergency heat and promised to send someone from Jackson to come out to service which would be 12-13-10. when no one showed up on 12-13-10 my father called owner and saw that his (fathers) phone number had been blocked.He then called American Standard and was given a "ticket number" and was told he would be contacted. Let me say that his house has been no more than 50 degrees inside. He is a heart patient and on oxygen. 12-14-10 another call to american standard no retun call. 12-17-10 another call to american standard no return call. 12 27-10 my sister called and talked to Nate in customer service and was told a Field Rep would be in touch on 12-27 or 12-28-2010 no one has called . 1-21-11 I called american standard from his house this weekend and talked to teresa in customer service who gave me a ticket number which happened to be the same ticket number my fatehr was given on 12-13-10 so i know they have a record of all calls.she said she would send email to supervisor . here it is 1-24-11 it is 33 degrees outside and no more than 45-50 degrees in his house. he had to turn off emergency heat because his electric bill was $320.00 and being a senior citizen he is on a fixed income. he is using several small portable heaters to try to stay warm. i found one he had left on for several days so this is not only a health issue but a safety issue. I would not recommend american standard or river city heat and cool to anyone. we are filing report with attorney general and better business bureau. Someone has to stand up for our senior citizens.

Date created: 2011-01-22 Name: scott franks
Location: westmiddlesex PA

"Heat"
I am very unsatisfied with my american standard heat pump every time there is a dramatic change in weather it breaks.

Date created: 2011-01-15 Name: kseldon
Location: Vancouver BC Canada

"Heritage 16"
My Neighbour just put a pump in between our homes and it is very noisy. We can hear it inside our home with the windows closed even when 30 feet away from its location. What a terrible imposition on your neighbour! We have to keep our windows closed or wear ear plugs to sleep and they save money on their heating bills and enjoy air conditioning.

Date created: 2011-01-06 Name: r halperin
Location: phoenix,az

"HATE THIS"
I have a heat pump down draft.. it is terrible i wish i could take it off my house today. its freezing in here and its phoenix. I hope this works somehow in the summer. wish i could take it back

Date created: 2010-12-19 Name: rkt
Location: Arlington, Va

"Ss"
So far very satisfied. I put two 2ton heat pumps into my 3000 sq ft house 18 months ago. So far no issues at all.

Date created: 2010-12-06 Name: g. perko
Location: sun city west,az

"American standards nonexistance-service"
Heat pump 17 months old. coil and temp. sencer out . labor cost$1218. 20 months old compressor out. labor cost $1375. numerous calls made to company . none returned.trash co. ,trash product.

Date created: 2010-12-02 Name: A Scwarting

"Do not buy buyer beware!!!"
Problems-problems and more problems! Do your homework. I thought I did but I was so wrong. Wasted so much money on this piece of junk unit.

Date created: 2010-11-20 Name: Ken Bates
Location: Holiday Island, AR

"16 Seer Heat Pump"
Was sold this 16 Seer unit 3 years ago. The first year had to replace a rectifier in the staging circuit, the reversing valve, compressor, thermostat, fan control board and electronic filter control. There is a large opening in the outdoor unit where the lines go into it that allows rodents to get in and chew the wiring which they say is not covered by the original or extended warranty. It works OK as an AC but still is not as effective as the 20 year old Ruud heat pump unit that it replaced and is so noisy that it wakes you up sometimes when in high fan speed. Don't see how it ever was approved for use under the current regulations. I certainly would not recommend this unit to anyone.

Date created: 2010-11-17 Name: Ray Stinnett
Location: De Queen, AR

"INSTALLING DEALER MAKES ALL THE DIFFERANCE"
I read all these reviews about how displeased some people are and almost all are dealer/installer problems. PEOPLE, CHECK OUT THE BACKGROUND ON ANY DEALER YOU ARE CONSIDERING USING. That will make all the differance in the world. Not just with TRANE/AMERICAN STANDARD either. They are definetly the best equipment built, but it all comes down to installation. Also, don't pay super high labor costs. Check around for price and quality. We habe been selling GE since 1970, TRANE since 1982, and AMERICAN STANDARD since 2007. We also carry cheaper units as well but they are nowhere near the same quality. Ray Stinnett

Date created: 2010-10-16 Name: a smith

"Don't be fooled by your local contractors"
I have a american standard unit My company install. We are not a member of the bbb, nate certified or on american standard website. Why? Because each one of those services will cost you as a customer about $300-$400 everytime a tech comes to your home. Nate certified is a joke, I have been all the nate classes from a company I work for before going on my own, it is a money scam that is pass on to the customer. The bbb is where for enough money the companies can buy there grade. But make sure your contractor is size the correct duct work and unit, you can not put a 5 ton unit in a space that is for a 3 ton, if you have lost a compressor, that is why.