Consumer Reviews of American Standard heat pumps

Read more about American Standard heat pumps

Date created: 2011-01-22 Name: scott franks
Location: westmiddlesex PA

"Heat"
I am very unsatisfied with my american standard heat pump every time there is a dramatic change in weather it breaks.

Date created: 2011-01-15 Name: kseldon
Location: Vancouver BC Canada

"Heritage 16"
My Neighbour just put a pump in between our homes and it is very noisy. We can hear it inside our home with the windows closed even when 30 feet away from its location. What a terrible imposition on your neighbour! We have to keep our windows closed or wear ear plugs to sleep and they save money on their heating bills and enjoy air conditioning.

Date created: 2011-01-06 Name: r halperin
Location: phoenix,az

"HATE THIS"
I have a heat pump down draft.. it is terrible i wish i could take it off my house today. its freezing in here and its phoenix. I hope this works somehow in the summer. wish i could take it back

Date created: 2010-12-19 Name: rkt
Location: Arlington, Va

"Ss"
So far very satisfied. I put two 2ton heat pumps into my 3000 sq ft house 18 months ago. So far no issues at all.

Date created: 2010-12-06 Name: g. perko
Location: sun city west,az

"American standards nonexistance-service"
Heat pump 17 months old. coil and temp. sencer out . labor cost$1218. 20 months old compressor out. labor cost $1375. numerous calls made to company . none returned.trash co. ,trash product.

Date created: 2010-12-02 Name: A Scwarting

"Do not buy buyer beware!!!"
PROBLEMS-PROBLEMS AND MORE PROBLEMS! Do your homework. I thought I did but I was soooo wrong. Wasted so much money on this piece of junk unit.

Date created: 2010-11-20 Name: Ken Bates
Location: Holiday Island, AR

"16 Seer Heat Pump"
Was sold this 16 Seer unit 3 years ago. The first year had to replace a rectifier in the staging circuit, the reversing valve, compressor, thermostat, fan control board and electronic filter control. There is a large opening in the outdoor unit where the lines go into it that allows rodents to get in and chew the wiring which they say is not covered by the original or extended warranty. It works OK as an AC but still is not as effective as the 20 year old Ruud heat pump unit that it replaced and is so noisy that it wakes you up sometimes when in high fan speed. Don't see how it ever was approved for use under the current regulations. I certainly would not recommend this unit to anyone.

Date created: 2010-11-17 Name: Ray Stinnett
Location: De Queen, AR

"INSTALLING DEALER MAKES ALL THE DIFFERANCE"
I read all these reviews about how displeased some people are and almost all are dealer/installer problems. PEOPLE, CHECK OUT THE BACKGROUND ON ANY DEALER YOU ARE CONSIDERING USING. That will make all the differance in the world. Not just with TRANE/AMERICAN STANDARD either. They are definetly the best equipment built, but it all comes down to installation. Also, don't pay super high labor costs. Check around for price and quality. We habe been selling GE since 1970, TRANE since 1982, and AMERICAN STANDARD since 2007. We also carry cheaper units as well but they are nowhere near the same quality. Ray Stinnett

Date created: 2010-10-16 Name: a smith

"Don't be fooled by your local contractors"
I have a american standard unit My company install. We are not a member of the bbb, nate certified or on american standard website. Why? Because each one of those services will cost you as a customer about $300-$400 everytime a tech comes to your home. Nate certified is a joke, I have been all the nate classes from a company I work for before going on my own, it is a money scam that is pass on to the customer. The bbb is where for enough money the companies can buy there grade. But make sure your contractor is size the correct duct work and unit, you can not put a 5 ton unit in a space that is for a 3 ton, if you have lost a compressor, that is why.

Date created: 2010-10-14 Name: K. Marolla
Location: Richmond, VA

"Solid Machines"
I have two 16 SEER American Standard heat pumps in my house. I had the contractor take out a two year old Carrier heat pump that was doing both floors. We put a new heat pump on each level. Even though we took out a 4 ton Carrier, and put in 5 tons of 16 SEER American Standard heat pumps, my electric bill went down about 30%. I have had these units now for 3 yrs, and other than my service contract visits for cleaning, there have been no problems. My 10 yr parts and labor warranty is a nice comfort though.