Consumer Reviews of American Standard heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about American Standard heat pumps

Date created: 2012-04-16 Name: Brian MacIlroy
Location: Pinellas Park, FL

"Works fine after adjusted correctly"
This was a replacement unit and for the most part we have been quite happy with te unit itself. We were over sold on size but after having the 3rd company here it dehumidifies as it should. It always cooled well and lowered the electric bill by roughly $100 a month. 1100 sq ft and a one ton would have been enough but the installer put a 1.5 ton and left the blower on the stand setting. The blower was reset to the lowest speed thus giving the unit a longer run time and in the prosess removing much more humidity. Three years and zero problems once the unit was set correctly and at least a saving of $100 a month from April thur Sept the hot season in central Florida.

Date created: 2011-12-10 Name: Ken Pangborn
Location: New Port Richey, FL

"Great Value"
We have only had our unit about 6 months. We just can't believe how much money it is saving us. We have the thermostat set 4 degrees higher - and the bill was cut by two thirds. The house is more comfortable than it was on the old system set 4 degrees cooler in Florida's summer. Every room in the house is now pleasant and so far the system works perfectly. Best decision I ever made. I'd recommend American Standard to anyone with a good ac contractor.

Date created: 2011-09-24 Name: Zamboni Dave
Location: Gig Harbor WA

"Love it"
We have had zero issues with our American Standard heat pump or air handler. The company who installed the system is the best. As with any system, the folks who install the system are critical to success. Our neighbors went with a different company same unit. They have had several installation issues over the past few years.

Date created: 2011-08-24 Name: T Patton
Location: Jacksonville Beach Fl

"Highly Recommend"
I had my American Standard heat pump installed 12 years ago. I live in Jacksonville Beach Florida, probably a location with the highest "temperature index" (heat and humidity combined) in the country. In those 12 years, I have had one repair, the motherboard needed to be replaced, 375.00. This unit works its heart out 365 24/7. Highly recommend American Standard.

Date created: 2011-08-15 Name: George Stetter
Location: Stover, Mo

"What a disappointment heat pump with gas furnace backup"
This thing started out beautifully installed by Mid State hvac Central Missouri and then went to crap. The reversing valve(we found out 2 years later) would lock up after a day or 2 of use and by the time the technician came out would be working again. (He never came the same day it locked up). So after 2 years of using the furnace only in winter it quit come to find out it got coked up because it was not vented outside and we had doing sheet rock work close to the unit. So got a different dealer out told us why and checked the heat pump of course it worked, but he did say when it quit to call immediately so they could check it out. So we did and sure enough they were able to figure it out. But because the installing dealer didn't do the work I had to pay labor. Try and contact American standard what a joke. Because all the dealers are independents, the company pretty much has no responsibility nor do they check any of the dealerships install quality it almost sounds like a con game the prefect scam. Makes you want to go make to wood stoves. I would definitely check out your installer I.E. contact some of his clients maybe all of them before you decide. I will never let a one man show do mine ever again cause he can't respond to crap in a timely manner big outfits probably have a better chance of installing it right.

Date created: 2011-07-30 Name: Eden
Location: oklahoma

"Wonderful Split System"
The 13 Seer r-410 Unit saved me $50.00 off my first month's summer bill compared to last year. This being one of the hottest summers on record. Wished I had gotten the 15 seer or higher models. Runs great! Will buy again in the future

Date created: 2011-07-03 Name: C Fowler
Location: Spartanburg, SC

"Right On Time!!!!!"
I've been in my home for 19 yrs. And used window units for cooling and a gas furnace for heating. When one of the a/c units went out this past April, I decided to go with a single packaged heat pump. As this was a new install, I went with metal duct work instead of flex. In researching, the metal would deliver unrestricted air flow. I can't comment on the heating part of the system as I'm experiencing the a/C. And boy, does it deliver. My home is well insulated and I keep the thermostat set to 76 degrees. It's 86 degrees outside right now. When the unit does come on it delivers cold air quickly throughout my home. I would definitely recommend American Standard.

Date created: 2011-06-16 Location: Sacramento, CA

"Heat Pump Works Great"
I've had this guy for about a year now and it works wonderfully. I am replacing an old machine but I've yet to have even a hiccup with this one. My old machine would make tons of noise. It also failed to to its job on more than one occasion. I don't quite know what I dislike about it because I'm not having problems yet. I love the fact that it's completely quite. I can sleep so much better now that I don't have to have this noisy thing going on in my house. Never had to work on it. So far I would, and have, recommended the SILVER SI to friends because for the price its one of the best heat pumps I have ever used. I honestly don't see the point in getting a higher end model, because I don't think that the "features" are really worth the price difference.

Date created: 2011-06-09 Name: dj
Location: Tacoma, WA

"We Love Our American Standard Heat Pump"
We are very pleased with our Heritage 16 Heat Pump. It is amazing how quite the unit is. It has saved us on our monthly utility bills and we are much more comfortable. Love it. Highly recommend it. Make sure you research the contractor you trust to do the work in your home. When it comes to selecting the right contractor, pick one who knows how to properly size the equipment to your homes heat loss and gain. If they don't perform a heat loss and gain, you don't have the right contractor! We selected an American Standard Customer Care dealer. They have to earn that rating through customer survey responses.

Date created: 2011-06-07 Name: D Nelson
Location: Hillsboro, OR

"Happy at home"
American Standard is the best brand on the market for the money. Itís quite, efficient and reliable. I have a maintenance performed every 2-years. Itís all about the company that installs the unit, you want to be sure theyíll take care of you. I recommend this product to every one, just be sure to find a company that's been installing the brand for awhile so you get a good install. Thank you Western Heating & Cooling!