Consumer Reviews of American Standard heat pumps

Read more about American Standard heat pumps

Date created: 2011-07-03 Name: C Fowler
Location: Spartanburg, SC

"Right On Time!!!!!"
I've been in my home for 19 yrs. and used window units for cooling and a gas furnace for heating. When one of the a/c units went out this past April, I decided to go with a single packaged heat pump. As this was a new install, I went with metal duct work instead of flex. In researching, the metal would deliver unrestricted air flow. I can't comment on the heating part of the system as I'm experiencing the a/c. And boy, does it deliver. My home is well insulated and I keep the thermostat set to 76 degrees. It's 86 degrees outside right now. When the unit does come on it delivers cold air quickly throughout my home. I would definitely recommend American Standard.

Date created: 2011-06-16 Location: Sacramento, CA

"Heat Pump Works Great"
I've had this guy for about a year now and it works wonderfully. I am replacing an old machine but I've yet to have even a hiccup with this one. My old machine would make tons of noise. It also failed to to its job on more than one occasion. I don't quite know what I dislike about it because I'm not having problems yet. I love the fact that it's completely quite. I can sleep so much better now that I don't have to have this noisy thing going on in my house. Never had to work on it. So far I would, and have, recommended the SILVER SI to friends because for the price its one of the best heat pumps I have ever used. I honestly don't see the point in getting a higher end model, because I don't think that the "features" are really worth the price difference.

Date created: 2011-06-09 Name: dj
Location: Tacoma, WA

"We Love Our American Standard Heat Pump"
We are very pleased with our Heritage 16 Heat Pump. It is amazing how quite the unit is. It has saved us on our monthly utility bills and we are much more comfortable. Love it. Highly recommend it. Make sure you research the contractor you trust to do the work in your home. When it comes to selecting the right contractor, pick one who knows how to properly size the equipment to your homes heat loss and gain. If they don't perform a heat loss and gain, you don't have the right contractor! We selected an American Standard Customer Care dealer. They have to earn that rating through customer survey responses.

Date created: 2011-06-07 Name: D Nelson
Location: Hillsboro, OR

"Happy at home"
American Standard is the best brand on the market for the money. Itís quite, efficient and reliable. I have a maintenance performed every 2-years. Itís all about the company that installs the unit, you want to be sure theyíll take care of you. I recommend this product to every one, just be sure to find a company that's been installing the brand for awhile so you get a good install. Thank you Western Heating & Cooling!

Date created: 2011-06-06 Name: K. Kidd
Location: Allentown PA

"Very Unsatisfied"
We purchased an American Standard 16 Seear heat pump September 2007. Since the purchase of this unreliable unit we have had to replace two compressors and now a coil. We are still paying the increased electricity from when the compressor went in the winter and now that it is summer the air conditioning does not work. Do not waste your money! We have tried contacting the manufacturer or at least have a representative from American Standard talk to us, no response! My confidence in this unit has been completely eroded, I have yet to see any "cost savings" from this "investment".

Date created: 2011-04-19 Location: Huntsville, AL

"The American Standard Heat Pump Review"
We bought our house new in March 2009. Came with two American Standard heat pumps (one for each floor of the house), sitting side by side (each a 3 ton split unit). The compressor went out on one in 2010. What I disliked about it is the warranty on labor, which was only one year , so we had to pay $400 in labor to replace. I liked that the the compressor in the other heat pump went (lucky us); parts are covered, but labor will be $721. The house we owned before this one had a single-unit Trane, whose compressor died after 5 years. (Trane makes American Standard heat pumps.) Needless to say, I will NEVER buy a TRANE or American Standard HVAC unit again, as ALL THREE of the ones I've owned have gone bad within only a few years. I replaced the Trane with a Carrier, which gave no trouble at all. I would not reccomend this product.

Date created: 2011-04-12 Name: J. Hurst
Location: Birmingham, AL

"Never a Trane or Amercian Standard Again"
American Standard SUCKS and their Customer Service is unreachable and non existent and they really do not care about Customers whatsoever. After you purchase you pretty much are on your own. We have a 5 year and 2 month old heat Pump 4 ton and now the third Evaporator Coil went out since we owned it. We have also so far had to install 2 Condenser Motors and a Blower Motor and Module. All along WE had to pay the hundreds of $$ in labor and now the warranty is out and it would cost $2500 to just replace the leaking Coil. We might as well purchase a new Unit somewhere else because a new Coil every 14 month is getting to expensive. Never mind why do the Coils just spring Freon leaks just like that year after year. We will NEVER buy an American Standard or Trane again.

Date created: 2011-04-05 Location: Huntsville, Alabama

"American Standard heat pumps suck dont get one"
We bought our house new in March 2009. Came with two American Standard heat pumps (one for each floor of the house), sitting side by side (each a 3 ton split unit). The compressor went out on one in 2010. Warranty on labor was only one year (!), so had to pay $400 in labor to replace. Today, the compressor in the other heat pump went (lucky us); parts are covered, but labor will be $721. The house we owned before this one had a single-unit Trane, whose compressor died after 5 years. (Trane makes American Standard heat pumps.) Needless to say, I will NEVER buy a TRANE or American Standard HVAC unit again, as ALL THREE of the ones I've owned have gone bad within only a few years. (Note: I replaced the Trane with a Carrier, which gave no trouble at all until we moved 7 years later; AFAIK, it's still going.)

Date created: 2011-03-09 Name: D. Cramer
Location: Huntsville, Alabama

"Beware: American Standard = POS"
We bought our house new in March 2004. Came with two American Standard heat pumps (one for each floor of the house), sitting side by side (each a 3 ton split unit). The compressor went out on one in 2006. Warranty on labor was only one year (!), so had to pay $400 in labor to replace. Today, the compressor in the other heat pump went (lucky us); parts are covered, but labor will be $721. The house we owned before this one had a single-unit Trane, whose compressor died after 5 years. (Trane makes American Standard heat pumps.) Needless to say, I will NEVER buy a TRANE or American Standard HVAC unit again, as ALL THREE of the ones I've owned have gone bad within only a few years. (Note: I replaced the Trane with a Carrier, which gave no trouble at all until we moved 7 years later; AFAIK, it's still going.)

Date created: 2011-03-02 Name: D McDivitt
Location: Kokomo, IN

"Heritage 15"
Had a new Heritage 15 American Standard installed two days ago. Had to replace a 17 year old Lennox HP. My house has never been warmer, the unit is quiet and after 48 hours.....purrs like a kitten. I spent a little extra $$ for the best installers in town! Why would I want to save 800 bucks over the life of a heat pump with questionable installation?!?