Consumer Reviews of American Standard heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about American Standard heat pumps

Date created: 2011-02-11 Name: David smith

"Top of the line seen heat pumps"
Installers just left our house. They cleaned our units and politely informed us that we had a mold problem. We needed to purchase the uv light units to kill the mold. They would cost $500 each and we needed two of them and the lights needed replaced every two years and they cost $100 each.wow, what a nice surprise since my wife has been complaining of an upper respiratory ailment for the last month. We were fed a story that these new, top of the line units were so efficient that they ran slower and more humidity was extracted from the air and more moisture built up inside them than in the cheaper units. This of course led to the mold problem. I wish I had seen these reviews prior to our purchase and I hope that I can spare someone else from getting urned. We were told by our installers that these units were the best out there and they were the absolute top of the line. From what I am reading and from our experience, I don't think so!!!!!!!

Date created: 2011-01-31 Name: CJM
Location: TEXAS

"Must fix the mold"
I AM A CONTRACTOR IN SOUTH CENTRAL TEXAS . I INSTALLED AN 18 SEER HEAT PUMP SYSTEM IN MY HOUSE IN 2006 AND CHANGED IT OUT IN 2010 . I HAD AN ACCU-CLEAN AIR FILTER SYSTEM ON IT WITH A GUARDIAN UV LIGHT (AROUND 1500.00) INSTALLED WITH THE SYSTEM AND WHEN I OPENED UP THE AIR HANDLER , I FOUND A LARGE AMOUNT OF MOLD IN THERE . MAYBE THAT WAS WHY MY WIFE HAD CONSTANT HEADACHES IN THE HOUSE OR WHY MY 9 NINE YEAR OLD WAS ALWAYS SNEEZING . I TAKE NOTE OF OTHER SYSTEMS I WORK ON AND AMERICAN STANDARD/TRANE UNITS SEEM TO BE THE WORST I HAVE SEEN . PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH ON YOUR EQUIPMENT AND PLEASE DOUBLE YOUR RESEARCH ON YOUR CONTRACTOR . HE MAKES MORE OF A DIFFERENCE THAN ANY BRAND OR PIECE OF EQUIPMENT . GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS

Date created: 2011-01-25 Name: Rob M
Location: Central VA

"Heat pump"
Bought this house 4 years ago and the Am. Std unit has worked ok, but it is 21 years old. A bunch of problems recently though.

Date created: 2011-01-23 Name: Jerri Spell
Location: Mendenhall,MS

"Senior Citiens BEWARE"
My Father had this unit installed on 7-9-2007 with a 10 year warranty. On 12-8-10 the unit stopped blowing so he called dealer who installed it River City Heating & Air (owner Jerry Coleman) they tried to defrost with torches with no luck.came back on 12-9-10 and put one of my fathers portable heaters on it overnight. My father called them to let them know it was thawed out so river city came back on 12-10-10 apparently guys could not fix so called owner Jerry Coleman out and he said a switch over wire was never installed on thermostat so one was installed and he was put on emergency heat and promised to send someone from Jackson to come out to service which would be 12-13-10. when no one showed up on 12-13-10 my father called owner and saw that his (fathers) phone number had been blocked.He then called American Standard and was given a "ticket number" and was told he would be contacted. Let me say that his house has been no more than 50 degrees inside. He is a heart patient and on oxygen. 12-14-10 another call to american standard no retun call. 12-17-10 another call to american standard no return call. 12 27-10 my sister called and talked to Nate in customer service and was told a Field Rep would be in touch on 12-27 or 12-28-2010 no one has called . 1-21-11 I called american standard from his house this weekend and talked to teresa in customer service who gave me a ticket number which happened to be the same ticket number my fatehr was given on 12-13-10 so i know they have a record of all calls.she said she would send email to supervisor . here it is 1-24-11 it is 33 degrees outside and no more than 45-50 degrees in his house. he had to turn off emergency heat because his electric bill was $320.00 and being a senior citizen he is on a fixed income. he is using several small portable heaters to try to stay warm. i found one he had left on for several days so this is not only a health issue but a safety issue. I would not recommend american standard or river city heat and cool to anyone. we are filing report with attorney general and better business bureau. Someone has to stand up for our senior citizens.

Date created: 2011-01-22 Name: scott franks
Location: westmiddlesex PA

"Heat"
I am very unsatisfied with my american standard heat pump every time there is a dramatic change in weather it breaks.

Date created: 2011-01-15 Name: kseldon
Location: Vancouver BC Canada

"Heritage 16"
My Neighbour just put a pump in between our homes and it is very noisy. We can hear it inside our home with the windows closed even when 30 feet away from its location. What a terrible imposition on your neighbour! We have to keep our windows closed or wear ear plugs to sleep and they save money on their heating bills and enjoy air conditioning.

Date created: 2011-01-06 Name: r halperin
Location: phoenix,az

"HATE THIS"
I have a heat pump down draft.. it is terrible i wish i could take it off my house today. its freezing in here and its phoenix. I hope this works somehow in the summer. wish i could take it back

Date created: 2010-12-19 Name: rkt
Location: Arlington, Va

"Ss"
So far very satisfied. I put two 2ton heat pumps into my 3000 sq ft house 18 months ago. So far no issues at all.

Date created: 2010-12-06 Name: g. perko
Location: sun city west,az

"American standards nonexistance-service"
Heat pump 17 months old. coil and temp. sencer out . labor cost$1218. 20 months old compressor out. labor cost $1375. numerous calls made to company . none returned.trash co. ,trash product.

Date created: 2010-12-02 Name: A Scwarting

"Do not buy buyer beware!!!"
PROBLEMS-PROBLEMS AND MORE PROBLEMS! Do your homework. I thought I did but I was soooo wrong. Wasted so much money on this piece of junk unit.