Consumer Reviews of American Standard heat pumps

Read more about American Standard heat pumps

Date created: 2013-03-06 Name: S. Murphy
Location: San Antonio, TX

"Heat pump 18 seer a/c & heater"
Purchased one in 2007. Another in 2011. The warranty dropped from 10 years to 1/5. My newest unit has a freon leak 2 years and some months after installation. Because the manufacturer is strict honoring warranty work with the installer (if ae disagrees that a replaced part was damaged they won't pay the installer), expect multiple expensive tests done by the installer before they will replace parts under warranty. Even after the tests, the installer may not know for sure what the problem is. I purchased the product even though it tends to be more expensive because I assumed the maker would stand behind the product. Not anymore! Save your money. Go with another brand. Don't walk. run!!

Date created: 2013-02-01 Name: Diana Edwards
Location: Climax, NC

"21 year old"
Today the American Standard heat pump with Trane compressor is being replaced after 21 years. Yes, you read that correctly, 21 years. I cannot complain really. I will take my chances again and again after that type of service from an excellent producer!

Date created: 2012-12-20 Name: W. West
Location: Winston Salem, NC

"Heritage 16"
I can empathize with V. Orlando from wv for I too have had a poblematic A.S./Trane unit that when purchased was considered "one of the best". It is a Heritage 16 seer purchased in 06/2005. The indoor coil was warrantied for 5 years and needed replacing by 05/2010, just prior to warranty expiration. The labor/refrigerant cost to replace was $753.00. Now two years later 11/2010 I am told I need to replace the inside coil yet again, however the cost this time will be in excess of $2100.00 as American Standard/Trane only warranties the replacement coil for 12 months. This will be the third indoor coil in this unit in 7 years. A.S/Trane's response. "We can do nothing to help you". I am not through dealing with them, and they have gone stone- cold silent. If you are looking for a good heat pump I implore you , do not install American Standard. Quality is poor and the company will not stand behind their products.

Date created: 2012-04-25 Name: C. RAHMAN
Location: princeton indiana

"DO NOT BUY AMERICAN STANDARD HEAT PUMP"
I bought a new american standard 18 seer heat pump in 2005 after 2 years the compressors locked up parts only covered cost $600 to fix. I thought it might be a fluke but now the compressors have gone out again $661.40 bill again not to mention the extra heating bill for when it was not working in the winter just running on emergency heat. do not waist your time trying to reach someone at american standard if you do get ahold of them they just say it's not their problem and hang up on you. P.O.s company P.O.S. product I am telling everyone I meet do not mess with american standard!

Date created: 2012-04-16 Name: Brian MacIlroy
Location: Pinellas Park, FL

"Works fine after adjusted correctly"
This was a replacement unit and for the most part we have been quite happy with te unit itself. We were over sold on size but after having the 3rd company here it dehumidifies as it should. It always cooled well and lowered the electric bill by roughly $100 a month. 1100 sq ft and a one ton would have been enough but the installer put a 1.5 ton and left the blower on the stand setting. The blower was reset to the lowest speed thus giving the unit a longer run time and in the prosess removing much more humidity. Three years and zero problems once the unit was set correctly and at least a saving of $100 a month from April thur Sept the hot season in central Florida.

Date created: 2011-12-10 Name: Ken Pangborn
Location: New Port Richey, FL

"Great Value"
We have only had our unit about 6 months. We just can't believe how much money it is saving us. We have the thermostat set 4 degrees higher - and the bill was cut by two thirds. The house is more comfortable than it was on the old system set 4 degrees cooler in Florida's summer. Every room in the house is now pleasant and so far the system works perfectly. Best decision I ever made. I'd recommend American Standard to anyone with a good ac contractor.

Date created: 2011-09-24 Name: Zamboni Dave
Location: Gig Harbor WA

"Love it"
We have had zero issues with our American Standard heat pump or air handler. The company who installed the system is the best. As with any system, the folks who install the system are critical to success. Our neighbors went with a different company same unit. They have had several installation issues over the past few years.

Date created: 2011-08-24 Name: T Patton
Location: Jacksonville Beach Fl

"Highly Recommend"
I had my American Standard heat pump installed 12 years ago. I live in Jacksonville Beach Florida, probably a location with the highest "temperature index" (heat and humidity combined) in the country. In those 12 years, I have had one repair, the motherboard needed to be replaced, 375.00. This unit works its heart out 365 24/7. Highly recommend American Standard.

Date created: 2011-08-15 Name: George Stetter
Location: Stover, Mo

"What a disappointment heat pump with gas furnace backup"
This thing started out beautifully installed by Mid State hvac Central Missouri and then went to crap. The reversing valve(we found out 2 years later) would lock up after a day or 2 of use and by the time the technician came out would be working again. (He never came the same day it locked up). So after 2 years of using the furnace only in winter it quit come to find out it got coked up because it was not vented outside and we had doing sheet rock work close to the unit. So got a different dealer out told us why and checked the heat pump of course it worked, but he did say when it quit to call immediately so they could check it out. So we did and sure enough they were able to figure it out. But because the installing dealer didn't do the work I had to pay labor. Try and contact American standard what a joke. Because all the dealers are independents, the company pretty much has no responsibility nor do they check any of the dealerships install quality it almost sounds like a con game the prefect scam. Makes you want to go make to wood stoves. I would definitely check out your installer I.E. contact some of his clients maybe all of them before you decide. I will never let a one man show do mine ever again cause he can't respond to crap in a timely manner big outfits probably have a better chance of installing it right.

Date created: 2011-07-30 Name: Eden
Location: oklahoma

"Wonderful Split System"
The 13 Seer r-410 Unit saved me $50.00 off my first month's summer bill compared to last year. This being one of the hottest summers on record. Wished I had gotten the 15 seer or higher models. Runs great! Will buy again in the future