Consumer Reviews of American Standard heat pumps

Read more about American Standard heat pumps

Date created: 2009-12-29 Name: M Wheeler

Thank God for the 10 year warranty. The heating/AC company has been good about trying to fix this piece of junk but that is little condolence. The control boards have been replaced on the inside and outside units several times. The contact points have been replaced. The outside condenser unit has been replaced as has the thermostat. The outside condenser has frozen up 7-8 times. The reversing valves are noisy causing a howling sound when it goes into defrost. The guys with the heating company say they have less problems with American Standard but I don't see how. My unit has been nothing but problems.

Date created: 2009-11-02 Name: Judy FRazier

"American Standard heat pum[p"
Words can't express the frustration that I have had with this unit. It was a top of the line unit installed by a Bardstown Ky heating and air Co. - It has been nothing but trouble from day 1-- The heat stips were missing,and the ones there were not working , the drip pan for the aircondtioning was missing. It seems that American Standard technicians took months to discover a drip pan was missing. The Air handler didn't match size with the heat pump unit. It is a good thing for the 10 yr parts and labor b/c there was an issue every year . Brown Heating and Air in Bardstown never solved the issues with this unit. In 2009 after yet another call from BRown's, the heat strips come on when the temp is 40 degrees(this is not just the defrost cycle) and the unit runs non stop for 45-60 minutes before shutting off. Since the warranty is up in a month , I called another dealer to check out the problem and the compressor is dead and I found out the airhandler doesn't match the size of the unit and the wiring for the heat strips is in a mess and the compressor is getting ready to die. Evidently American Standard doesn't require their technicians to be factory trained So all I can say is a top of the line American Standard high efficiency heat pump is about to die as the 10 yr warranty expires in dec. 2009 Very unhappy frustrated home owner whoh has been taken to the cleaners . We paid $6500 in 2009 for this heat pump and 10 yrs later there are bids for Tranes, Lennox for only $2000 more

Date created: 2009-07-09 Name: K. Peters

"American Standard Htg and A/C 15 Seer Heat pump system... We love It !!"
I have a 1 yr old American Standard Heat pump system installed with and 95% eff furnace variable speed blower with a 15 seer heatpump and a American Standard comfort control. My home had cold spots and was up and down in temperature,humid, and high energy bills..... Now with the new American standard 15 seer sytem my home mantains a very comfortable temp and has solved all the cold spots and my bills have dropped by over 60%.....I love it and my Wife loves it........ I would recommend you see what American standard has to offer.The American Standard Dealer we used for the installation was professional , knowledgeable, and cleaned everything up...Again my wife was happy.....

Date created: 2009-04-20 Name: AMERICAN STANDARD, INC.

"Greg h"
Purchased new inside and outside unit they suck and it is now broke after 5 years & the warenty don't cover anything like I was told.

Date created: 2009-01-02 Name: J.Hughes
Location: Collinsville, Oklahoma

"5 ton duel fuel heat pump"
I have contacted Terrell Heat who installed this unit and they won't call me back. We have at times a smell that comes out and smells like dirty socks. This smell happens when the heat is on the electric and not the propane This smell is something common from some information on the internet that I have found after I couldn't get any help from the installer. I Would not tell anybody to buy a heat pump.

Date created: 2008-12-11 Name: E. Heckel
Location: Oklahoma

"American Standard 16 seer heatpump w/ whole house accuclean filter"
We purchased this expensive 16 seer heat pump unit with the whole house accuclean air filter and have had it approx 1.5 years. In that time it keeps blowing fuses which we have to change out and the a-coil already went out. The warranty covered the new A-coil which took 2 weeks to get but not the service techs. Labor cost or the freon. We are already out $339 plus the fuses, This unit is less than 2 years old. My service tech. stated to us that "we chose this unit and he never would have recommended it" so its our fault. He further stated that he doesn't have time to service new units when he has older one's that need service. We contacted Am. Standard by email and they said they would have the area rep. contact us in 5-6 business days--that was 4 months ago. Our service tech. said that he tried to contact them also but they never got back to him either. I would steer clear of Am. Standard, never again will we purchase one of their units, this is the second Am. Standard heat pump unit we have owned (different house) that had problems.

Date created: 2008-07-11 Name: Mike
Location: N. E. Kansas

"I love it!"
I purchased the 18 seer Heritage heat pump and I love it. When it said that cooling cost would reduce by 50%, they were right! During the heating season, to my surprise the heat pump delivered a very comfortable heat. Below 40 degrees, my new American Standard variable speed 95% furnace kicks in and does a wonderful job and saves me money! Buy it, you won't regret it!

Date created: 2008-03-13 Name: David
Location: SE Kansas

I purchased the top of the line heat pump that American Standard had to offer. What a disappointment!! My utility bills have more than doubled and I have had the "professionals" out to my house ten times. They still can not get it right. My utility bills go up $100.00 on average every month. I expected more for $12,000. Now I am getting an attorney to get my money back and have this piece of junk removed from my home. I would not recommend this manufacturer to anyone, even my worse enemy!!!!!