Consumer Reviews of AMANA heat pumps

Read more about AMANA heat pumps

Date created: 2009-08-27 Name: Powell

"18 Years"
Excellent function for 18 years without any freon or service.

Date created: 2009-08-25 Name: B. Mclean

"14 years and one mouse"
I have a Amana Heat Pump installed 14 years ago, and I have had only one problem, I had a mouse living in the heat pump. I just have it checked once a year and it runs great. I was told to start planning on buying a new one because of the age of the unit, but it runs to good to replace it yet.

Date created: 2009-08-23 Name: Hudson

"Lowered by half"
I reviewed and considered all major hvac brands. We selected a High Efficiency 96% variable speed gas furnace and a heat pump it lowered our utility bills by a 1/2 and are much more comfortable than ever before. Recommend them and the dealer we used to all our friends

Date created: 2009-08-14 Name: Tom B

"Rip Off Dealers!!!"
I had a another brand Unit for about 15 years, It went out on me, a friend suggested an Amana, not ever having had one, I was in doubt. They installed it and about 6 yrs later the blower motor went out. Called the installer that had gone out of business!! Called around an could not find anyone to service it, finally called a service tech guy, he charged me $800.00 for a $85.00 blower motor. I then found out about the 10 year warranty!! Bottom line- Amana- Verrrry poor service system, no techincal support direct from the company!!! Do yourself a favor n stick to a large brand company that has its own service team or you just might regret it!!! The actual heat pump is ok- Service sucks!!!!

Date created: 2009-08-09 Name: SPC Peller

"Cool"
I was in Iraq when my wife told me that the heat pump went out. It was a 8 year old Trane and the compressor went out again. They wanted $3600 to replace it. I just did it two years ago. I searched on line and found Amana that had a lifetime compressor warranty. I told my wife to find a Amana dealer, she found two in the area and had one installed. She told me that when it got over 100 last week, that she was nice and cool at 70. I just wish I could get one over installed over here.

Date created: 2009-08-05 Name: Kelly

"DO NOT BUY AN AMANA OR GOODMAN"
I moved into a house in 2006 that had a brand new Amana Heat Pump and Goodman air handler installed that same year by the previous owner. It is now 2009, and I have spent more than $1800 repairing the units with more money about to be soaked into it today (parts are covered under warranty, however labor isn't). So far, I've replaced the indoor coil and reversing valve. Today, I think the compressor is bad. If it is, I'm having the hvac company rip that piece of "you know what" out and put in a Trane.

Date created: 2009-08-03 Name: Dan Scheel

"26 Years"
I bought my Amana heat pump back in 1983. It is still going strong after 26 years. But now, needing a much more efficient unit, I'm looking at replacing it given it's logevity and low maintenance, I am looking forward for a new Amana, I have called my local dealer and buying a new one today.

Date created: 2009-07-27 Name: Shawn Roberts

"Nice!"
I purchased a 16 seer 5 ton Amana pump. There is every bell and whistle on this equipment and it all works very well. I highly recommend that you have these units installed by a professional! These units must be programmed to operate correctly, and they are programmed after the installer surveys the heating/cooling area. The Amana replaced the old Carrier unit I had due to a space limitation. For the money I highly recommend Amana. I got the 15 seer because that is the top top point on a graph for savings. My neighbors have a Trane and the compressor outside is so loud. This Amana is nice and quiet. I am using 40% less power now compared to last year.

Date created: 2009-07-26 Name: Kim Reichs

"Quiet"
I had a Amana heat pump installed two years ago, and I love how quiet it is. I was at my sisters house last weekend, and she just had a Trane installed and it is very loud.

Date created: 2009-07-23 Name: warranty admin
Location: FL

"Warranty Administrator HVAC"
As the warranty administrator for an hvac contractor in fl, I have been fililng claims for more than 20 years. I will say that Amana is near the top for "Most Claims Filed." They stand by their warranties. But, most times parts that fail are not available locally and that leaves the customer without cooling until it comes in. There are too many seniors in our customer base that cannot be without ac in fl in summer. They are not nearly dependable as the other brands we sell & service. I would not install one for any of my friends or family.