Consumer Reviews of AMANA heat pumps

Read more about AMANA heat pumps

Date created: 2009-08-09 Name: SPC Peller

"Cool"
I was in Iraq when my wife told me that the heat pump went out. It was a 8 year old Trane and the compressor went out again. They wanted $3600 to replace it. I just did it two years ago. I searched on line and found Amana that had a lifetime compressor warranty. I told my wife to find a Amana dealer, she found two in the area and had one installed. She told me that when it got over 100 last week, that she was nice and cool at 70. I just wish I could get one over installed over here.

Date created: 2009-08-05 Name: Kelly

"DO NOT BUY AN AMANA OR GOODMAN"
I moved into a house in 2006 that had a brand new Amana Heat Pump and Goodman air handler installed that same year by the previous owner. It is now 2009, and I have spent more than $1800 repairing the units with more money about to be soaked into it today (parts are covered under warranty, however labor isn't). So far, I've replaced the indoor coil and reversing valve. Today, I think the compressor is bad. If it is, I'm having the hvac company rip that piece of "you know what" out and put in a Trane.

Date created: 2009-08-03 Name: Dan Scheel

"26 Years"
I bought my Amana heat pump back in 1983. It is still going strong after 26 years. But now, needing a much more efficient unit, I'm looking at replacing it given it's logevity and low maintenance, I am looking forward for a new Amana, I have called my local dealer and buying a new one today.

Date created: 2009-07-27 Name: Shawn Roberts

"Nice!"
I purchased a 16 seer 5 ton Amana pump. There is every bell and whistle on this equipment and it all works very well. I highly recommend that you have these units installed by a professional! These units must be programmed to operate correctly, and they are programmed after the installer surveys the heating/cooling area. The Amana replaced the old Carrier unit I had due to a space limitation. For the money I highly recommend Amana. I got the 15 seer because that is the top top point on a graph for savings. My neighbors have a Trane and the compressor outside is so loud. This Amana is nice and quiet. I am using 40% less power now compared to last year.

Date created: 2009-07-26 Name: Kim Reichs

"Quiet"
I had a Amana heat pump installed two years ago, and I love how quiet it is. I was at my sisters house last weekend, and she just had a Trane installed and it is very loud.

Date created: 2009-07-23 Name: warranty admin
Location: FL

"Warranty Administrator HVAC"
As the warranty administrator for an hvac contractor in fl, I have been fililng claims for more than 20 years. I will say that Amana is near the top for "Most Claims Filed." They stand by their warranties. But, most times parts that fail are not available locally and that leaves the customer without cooling until it comes in. There are too many seniors in our customer base that cannot be without ac in fl in summer. They are not nearly dependable as the other brands we sell & service. I would not install one for any of my friends or family.

Date created: 2009-07-05 Name: G. Mann

"Home owner"
We bought the heat pump in October 2008, and this is the third time we've had to call to repair it. Yesterday, we tried to turn the cool air on, and the unit was completely shut down. We paid $10,000 for this product, and we are extremely disappointed and wish we had gone with another manufacturer. I would not recommend the Amana heat pump to anyone.

Date created: 2009-06-16 Name: emmitt

"Emmit"
I've installed amana systems for years with no problems. all the negative reviews on this site have to do with faulty installations. the builders are too cheap to pay for a good installation, I know, I bid new homes & they say i'm too expensive.

Date created: 2009-06-14 Name: Roseanna Cornett

"Roseanna Cornett"
Purchased a year ago, nothing but problems! Would never purchase again! In less than a year 6-7 service issues, unresolved! Even Amana represenative involved! I purchased from a company that said two year money guarentee or they will remove and replace the $8-9,000 dollar unit! Now I am asking for removal!

Date created: 2009-05-04 Name: jamie
Location: Montreal

"AMANA HEAT PUMP PROBLEMS"
Bought this unit new in the box. Found a nice installer who semed to know what he was doing. One winter passed. 2 Winters passed. I Live in montreal, so we have cold cold and humit hots. this spring I noticed the furnace would run indefinately and not hot oir cold air, jsut air coming from vents. I called repairman who opened up the heat pump. Loa nd behold, vibrations caused teh electric cables inside that control compressor to chafe against a copper pipe. THis caused the pipe to make a hole, leaking out all the refrigerant r410a. This costed 35$ a pound * 14 pounds refrigerant. service fee over 650$. Go with Name brand equipment with name brand reseller. Do not save 50$ to spend 700 later. Go with old refrigerant, not R410A (very expensive).