Consumer Reviews of AMANA heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about AMANA heat pumps

Date created: 2010-04-07 Name: S. Euliss

"Our amana heat pump in rental apartment"
This heat pump has given us nothing but trouble over the past 3 years. The compressor keeps going out and it seems there is always issues with it.

Date created: 2010-03-08 Name: Mr. & Ms. Smith

"Our electric is to much"
We haven't even owned our unit a year and it's been trouble ever since. And our electric bill has doubled. We have had someone to come out and look at the electric and check the unit and they told us that it was pulling way too, too much electric! I wouldn't advise anyone to get one. It's been trouble from the beginning. Oh and I noticed it staying on auxilliary heat a lot. I paid upfront for this and I paid a lot of money for a lemon!

Date created: 2010-02-28 Name: Jeff

"GREAT UNIT!"
I get a kick out of these reviews... especially the poor ones. I am a Goodman and Amana dealer technician and I 100% believe in the product and their warranty. I believe in them so much I'm pulling out a Carrier (which if you have a 90+ efficient Bryant or Carrier furnace.. your heat exchanger is junk i.e. holes and cracks. Even as early as 3-5 yrs old) Anyways, these are great as are many products if installed correctly by real licensed professionals. We actually offer a 10 year parts and labor!!! Warranty and don't have very many issues at all..Good luck all!!

Date created: 2010-02-28 Name: A. Seaver

"Amana 5 ton heat pump"
Had this unit installed 4/10/2009 to replace an undersized unit. It worked fine until a few months ago when it seemed to get stuck in the defrost mode. Our installer said they "sometimes do that-just turn the unit off for awhile and let it reset". Well, so much for that idea-the unit stopped heating completely a few weeks later. The contractor called the factory and discovered that a batch of redesigned(re:defective) reversing valves were installed and I must have one, so they sent a new valve assy., which was installed a few days later. That lasted exactly 1 week, and the heat disappeared again. The contractor came out again and worked on it for a couple hours and said he found the problem. A piece of the brazing got inside the system and blocked an orifice. He said he removed it, recharged the system, and all was good. Well, all was good for a whole 4 days, when this piece of junk stopped heating yet again. When the contractor was here last, he said he would order another valve assy. "just in case". I think he knew something he wasn't telling me, but I hope that new valve assy. is at his shop, 'cause it's now needed. If that doesn't correct the problem, I'm just going to have to start raising a stink until the entire unit gets replaced (perhaps with a different brand).

Date created: 2010-02-21 Name: Pam Boardman

"Too Loud!"
Just moved into a new condo. Builder installed Amana heat pumps in all of the units to save money. My heating cost in this small condo is more than the 1700 sq ft house I moved out of. And worse of all, this unit makes the loudest whoosh sound every time it cuts on and off! What is up with that?! I am a very, very sound sleeper and this thing wakes me up all night long. I hate it. As soon as I can afford to replace it, it's gone!

Date created: 2010-02-08 Name: Ron Hersey

"Home Owner"
Could not have been more happy with any heat pump as our 15 years and 4 months old Amana. So happy in fact, it went out last night and tomorrow it is being replaced with another -- thats right -- Amana.

Date created: 2010-02-05 Name: D. Tollett

"I hate it"
I had a 16 seer unit installed in my home. About a month after install, the unit stopped working. I called the company that installed it and they came out and told me it had a bad valve. They replaced the whole heat pump and then a week later it happened again. I called the company again and they told me that the new heat pump had the bad valve in it too. I had two things I could do, I could change the valve on the new heat pump or I could replace the unit with a different brand. I paid a little extra and bought a Coleman heat pump. Now, I have heat. I don't blame the company that installed it, they were very on top of it. I blame Amana.

Date created: 2010-01-13 Name: Andy
Location: Tampa, FL

"3.5 ton Scroll compressor, good unit"
Still going, amazing heat output, had to check to be sure strips weren't on, they weren't. No problems in 13 years. Coils are corroding, but all manufacturers seem to be using cheap Chinese aluminum now and it doesn't hold up. Love the efficient Scroll compressor, really lowered cooling costs when installed, Tampa, Fl. Have heard the new owners are not as concerned with quality.

Date created: 2010-01-12 Name: Saiz

"Pain the the heat pump"
I just had an asz036 Amana heat pump installed and it broke in a week. Now they have to replace the unit.

Date created: 2010-01-11 Name: Tony Greene

"Amana / Goodman 15 seer Heat Pump"
I had two 15 seer Amana heat pumps installed in August of 09. Both have had problems with the reversal valve and I've had to use the "emergency" heat setting all winter due to this issue. My electric bill has been through the roof. DO NOT BE TEMPTED TO TAKE A CHANCE AND BUY AN AMANA/GOODMAN TO SAVE A FEW BUCKS. PAY THE EXTRA MONEY AND GET A TRANE.