Consumer Reviews of AMANA heat pumps

Read more about AMANA heat pumps

Date created: 2010-02-21 Name: Pam Boardman

"Too Loud!"
Just moved into a new condo. Builder installed Amana heat pumps in all of the units to save money. My heating cost in this small condo is more than the 1700 sq ft house I moved out of. And worse of all, this unit makes the loudest whoosh sound every time it cuts on and off! What is up with that?! I am a very, very sound sleeper and this thing wakes me up all night long. I hate it. As soon as I can afford to replace it, it's gone!

Date created: 2010-02-08 Name: Ron Hersey

"Home Owner"
Could not have been more happy with any heat pump as our 15 years and 4 months old Amana. So happy in fact, it went out last night and tomorrow it is being replaced with another -- thats right -- Amana.

Date created: 2010-02-05 Name: D. Tollett

"I hate it"
I had a 16 seer unit installed in my home. About a month after install, the unit stopped working. I called the company that installed it and they came out and told me it had a bad valve. They replaced the whole heat pump and then a week later it happened again. I called the company again and they told me that the new heat pump had the bad valve in it too. I had two things I could do, I could change the valve on the new heat pump or I could replace the unit with a different brand. I paid a little extra and bought a Coleman heat pump. Now, I have heat. I don't blame the company that installed it, they were very on top of it. I blame Amana.

Date created: 2010-01-13 Name: Andy
Location: Tampa, FL

"3.5 ton Scroll compressor, good unit"
Still going, amazing heat output, had to check to be sure strips weren't on, they weren't. No problems in 13 years. Coils are corroding, but all manufacturers seem to be using cheap Chinese aluminum now and it doesn't hold up. Love the efficient Scroll compressor, really lowered cooling costs when installed, Tampa, Fl. Have heard the new owners are not as concerned with quality.

Date created: 2010-01-12 Name: Saiz

"Pain the the heat pump"
I just had an asz036 Amana heat pump installed and it broke in a week. Now they have to replace the unit.

Date created: 2010-01-11 Name: Tony Greene

"Amana / Goodman 15 seer Heat Pump"
I had two 15 seer Amana heat pumps installed in August of 09. Both have had problems with the reversal valve and I've had to use the "emergency" heat setting all winter due to this issue. My electric bill has been through the roof. DO NOT BE TEMPTED TO TAKE A CHANCE AND BUY AN AMANA/GOODMAN TO SAVE A FEW BUCKS. PAY THE EXTRA MONEY AND GET A TRANE.

Date created: 2009-10-18 Name: Duane

"Mr."
I had an Amana 18 seer heat pump and high efficient propane furnace installed 07/29/09. I was sold on the warranty and quietness of the unit. a/c worked great, very quit. Fired up the heat pump 10/10/09 for the 1st time and the compressor locked up. I called service and they showed up in 2 hrs. I was told the compressor was junk, and they would replace the whole unit. I'm hoping it was just a fluke....

Date created: 2009-08-27 Name: Powell

"18 Years"
Excellent function for 18 years without any freon or service.

Date created: 2009-08-25 Name: B. Mclean

"14 years and one mouse"
I have a Amana Heat Pump installed 14 years ago, and I have had only one problem, I had a mouse living in the heat pump. I just have it checked once a year and it runs great. I was told to start planning on buying a new one because of the age of the unit, but it runs to good to replace it yet.

Date created: 2009-08-23 Name: Hudson

"Lowered by half"
I reviewed and considered all major hvac brands. We selected a High Efficiency 96% variable speed gas furnace and a heat pump it lowered our utility bills by a 1/2 and are much more comfortable than ever before. Recommend them and the dealer we used to all our friends